Ombre hair - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

29-03-2011, 15:13   #1
Anon85

Ombre hair

Ok, any thing I've posted here has been related to this subject, lol.

I'm just so bloody desperate to obtain this look! I don't want to risk trial and error with my hair anymore and I'm sick of stylists who DON'T listen to want you want.

I've heard Junaberry are quite a good salon, what does everyone else think? Has anyone had their hair done ombre/balayage there before?? I had it done in Style Club (who come recommended for this) it was lovely but still not exactly what I want.

I've also heard that The Art Team in Dublin do it.

Opinions, recommendations would be much appreciated!
Advertisement
02-04-2011, 18:18   #2
jack01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon85 View Post
Ok, any thing I've posted here has been related to this subject, lol.

I'm just so bloody desperate to obtain this look! I don't want to risk trial and error with my hair anymore and I'm sick of stylists who DON'T listen to want you want.

I've heard Junaberry are quite a good salon, what does everyone else think? Has anyone had their hair done ombre/balayage there before?? I had it done in Style Club (who come recommended for this) it was lovely but still not exactly what I want.

I've also heard that The Art Team in Dublin do it.

Opinions, recommendations would be much appreciated!
I had ombre/balayage done in Junaberry and i was very happy with it i would recommend them, i do think its a hard look to get right though!
02-04-2011, 19:54   #3
Anon85

I had a major disaster last month with someone who claimed to know how to do it, lol. I'm such a perfectionist when it comes to my hair.

I love the look.

Is there anyone you would recommend in Junaberry? Where abouts are they based exactly?
04-04-2011, 22:58   #4
LucyLu82

Ombre hair!

I hear you Anon85!
Ive been following your thread on trying to achieve the desired Ombre- balyage look, as so have i!
I have dark brown hair too and hate highlights as they are always too severe and look too pale against my hair.
So when i was in a hairdressers recently I noticed that the receptionist had this lighter at the ends look! fab I thought! so I booked my next appointment there and then to get it done!
that was Sat
Massive dissapointment!!!!
I dont know how this got lost in translation as I asked the colourist I would Like the same as the girl working on the desk.....????!
I ended up with darker hair. no mess!DARKER! with horrible whitish. yes you got it HIGHLIGHTS!!! grr... Ive been to this "chain" of hairdressers before and it is the last time ill go back. ever! Im not one to dye my hair often. but Ive had two bad experiences now with them and Im so not impressed.
having to fork out money for what was far from what I wanted.

anyway had to get that off my chest!!!
trying to be upbeat and I am ringing another hairdressers 2m to ask if they can do it. I have photos to show them and Im going to get them to be honest. can you do this or not
anyway I just thought Id post this..Ill keep you updated !
04-04-2011, 23:56   #5
Tayla

I genuinely don't know why people pay money when the hairdresser doesn't give you the look you want, fair enough if you have stubborn hair and want a dramatic change that takes a few goes to get right but if you ask for lighter ends and end up with darker then why did you pay for it?
They have an obligation to fix it, stand up for yourselves the next time
Advertisement
05-04-2011, 01:02   #6
kezia21

Just do it yourself! I've been doing it for years, good thing about using bleach when you're not a hairstylist is it won't come out a uniform lightened colour it will be several shades blending in better with your natural darker colour_theres lots of how to's on the internet to show you; you just need bleach powder/developer, mixing bowl, gloves a brush to "paint" on the colour and you rub your hands through it scrunching the ends so its not to obviously dipped looking-people ask me all the time where I got it done and its super cheap!
05-04-2011, 14:54   #7
Anon85

I do agree, Tayla.

I have stood up to haridressers before but this time round I didn't bother going back because I just didn't trust the colourist to go near my hair again
Thanks from:
05-04-2011, 14:54   #8
bobbygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon85 View Post
I had a major disaster last month with someone who claimed to know how to do it, lol. I'm such a perfectionist when it comes to my hair.

I love the look.

Is there anyone you would recommend in Junaberry? Where abouts are they based exactly?
I go to Gillian in Junaberry and my hair is kind of like the way drew barrymore has hers but can do a less extreme option than that .... They are based on Ormond Quay.
05-04-2011, 18:04   #9
Doof!

Could anybody tell me what the prices are like for getting this done?
Advertisement
05-04-2011, 18:46   #10
Anon85

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbygirl View Post
I go to Gillian in Junaberry and my hair is kind of like the way drew barrymore has hers but can do a less extreme option than that .... They are based on Ormond Quay.
Oh I don't know whether to go to Style Club or Junaberry! It's a tough one. Decisions decisions.

I would love my hair to look like this http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgur...30&tx=80&ty=67

Or something similar

Anyone else have any other personal experiences with either salon?
Please share!
05-04-2011, 21:18   #11
LucyLu82

OK! ...I went to see a couple of hairdressers in town today to see who could do this Ombre, Balayage look- yes I brought pictures with me
after the last time- i didnt want any confusion on what I wanted....
anyway glad to say I booked for an appointment next week ,
I will keep you all posted on how it goes
Im thinking of taking before and after photos too
if anyone has any other suggestions of places that may do this please post too!! many thanks!
05-04-2011, 21:49   #12
NumptyB

I got it done in Style CLub and I was super happy with it - plus, I love it in there anyway and they are so well priced compared to some other salons in the same area.
I got it done red initially, but that washed out after a month or so and the blonde they'd bleached before applying the red started to come through - i'm planning on going back to get more of the blonde.
06-04-2011, 00:01   #13
Anon85

Who did you get it done with in Style Club? Is it the dip dyed look that they gave you?

Last edited by Anon85; 06-04-2011 at 00:45.
18-04-2011, 22:43   #14
theg81der

Lucy thats really subtle and nice hope your pleased with it!
18-04-2011, 23:33   #15
LucyLu82

Quote:
Originally Posted by theg81der View Post
Lucy thats really subtle and nice hope your pleased with it!

Thanks a mill! I am pleased!
although I still feel the ends are a little dark so gonna get it slightly lighter at the ends!
then Im going to leave it alone before it all falls out !!!
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion