Walking (and similar), cycling (and similar), motorcycles, bus (public and private), tram / Luas, train, taxis, car commuting (including lifts and carpools, but note there is a separate motors board) and goods transport are all acceptable topics. Air, airport and sea / ferry services (within and to/from Ireland) are also acceptable topics. Issues relating to holidays, passports and visas should be posted on the Travel & Holiday board under Rec.
Transport community announcements (subject to boards.ie advertising / spam rules), general discussion (serious and not so serious) and relevant humour are all welcome.
Disruptive posting is not permitted. This includes the use of multiple accounts, spamming, baiting, trolling and anythign that makes it difficult for users to read the board, including, but not limited to oversized images, non-standard text or fonts (unless there is a particualr reason) or use of txt spk.
It's important to note, if you have an issue with a moderation decision, that you don't question it on-thread. Doing this will inevitably drag the thread off-topic which is unfair to the OP and other posters. Users who question mod instructions on-thread will be infracted or banned as necessary.
We should be aware that some posters will be over zealous about their preferred means of transport, but that this should be balanced. If you make a particular statement for or against a particular form of transport, you should be willing to back it up.
While Dublin is home to many Boardsters and it suffers the worst congestion and other commuting issue, this is not an exclusively Dublin orientated board.
Things that shouldn’t be included are:
- * Anything exclusive to or more suited to the Motors or MIJAG boards.
* Travel items outside Ireland (more suited to the Travel / Holidays board)
* Abusive rants. You can rant about "Slow people getting on the bus" and "Idiots that stand waiting for the bus that comes once every half hour then get on the bus and spend ages looking for the bleedin fare" but keep it civil (thanks to The Cigarette Smoking Man).
* General discussion on wider society at the periphery of transport issues that are more suited elsewhere on boards.ie (more suited to the Politics, Humanities, College, etc. boards) may be moved to those boards.
* Some items suited to Regional boards may be included here if relevant, but again depending on context, they might be better included on the relevant Regional board, e.g. general commentary on commuting in London can be included here, but specific London problems with no comparison to Ireland, should be included on the Abroad board.
Sites referred to and linked from here that are outside boards.ie and are not necessarily recommended or endorsed (but generally provide good information). We would be grateful for feedback on them.
No spam, abuse, trolling, baiting, flaming or general muppetism. The making of potentially defamatory, off topic, disruptive statements such as incitement of hatred, bigotry, racism, sexism or violence is subject to alteration or deletion.
In terms of legal or similar issues, they should be related to Commuting / Transport issues. Note: it is the responsibility of recipient to verify any information received and the recipient is liable for his or her own actions, whether acting or refraining from acting based on any information. The promotion of any illegal, including fraudulent or dishonest, activity will not be tolerated. It is the responsibility of any advertisers to ensure that their advertisements are honest and legal.
Overall, please keep things civil and amicable. Before posting please search recent posts to make sure, there is no duplicity of discussion for the sake of us all.
If you have issues with a post or a thread, please use the Report Post function to let us know. All you have to do is press this button beside each post - - and we will look at it. You can contact Boards.ie by using the contact page - http://www.boards.ie/contact
Useful and popular threads