Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Superstays.ie and The Sun Newspaper

• 11-03-2011 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭

It was advertised as ' Breaks from € 5 ' ........Which is correct .

So we collected all the required tokens in The Sun Newspaper ,and were really looking forward to a break for a fiver .

However , when we chose one location , we discovered that there was a breakfast which was compulsory @ €10 , and an evening meal compulsory @ €35 .

So all-in-all , it works out €50 pps .

When we rang one hotel , they did quote us € 50 , but of course failed to mention it was PPS .

In our opinion this is worthy of a mention in this forum .

see for yourself here :

http://www.superstays.ie/hotel.php?urn=149871

Do you believe compulsory purchase is wrong ? 7 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 7 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

It seems, the additional coasts for meals are not mentioned in the FAQs or small prints :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

In section 12 of the terms and conditions , it says that the booking is room only but may have opportunity to pay for meals where available :

Here is the exact wording :

12.These are room only bookings unless stated otherwise. You will have the opportunity, subject to availability, to pay the hotel/accommodation operator direct (either in advance, on arrival, or during your stay) for other facilities, services, meals, drinks and use of hotel/accommodation minibars where available.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

In section 12 of the terms and conditions , it says that the booking is room only but may have opportunity to pay for meals where available :

Here is the exact wording :

12.These are room only bookings unless stated otherwise. You will have the opportunity, subject to availability, to pay the hotel/accommodation operator direct (either in advance, on arrival, or during your stay) for other facilities, services, meals, drinks and use of hotel/accommodation minibars where available.

'You have the opportunity' means to me, that you have a choice if you have your meals in there. But in your opening post you mentioned 'compulsory' meals.

It is compulsory in one hotel . - a relation of ours is there tonight and it is costing € 50 pps .

Absolutely compulsory , - they argued otherwise and got nowhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭91011

A quick look shows its very clearly stated that its "from €5". Then you select your hotel and again all the costs are very clearly stated. Some are 5 with no compulsory extras some are 10, some insist on breakfast, some dinner.
    I can't see how they can make it any clearer

• Advertisement

91011 wrote: »
    A quick look shows its very clearly stated that its "from €5". Then you select your hotel and again all the costs are very clearly stated. Some are 5 with no compulsory extras some are 10, some insist on breakfast, some dinner.
    I can't see how they can make it any clearer

There is no mention of compulsory breakfasts or dinners . In our opinion it is criminal to be compelled to purchase a dinner for €35.

This is like the guys on eBay that sell an item for €1.49 and charge €50 postage .
    There is no saving to be made in this promotion . - You pay normal hotel prices .
    You also have to buy 10 Sun Newspapers to use this promotion .

Rip-off Ireland is alive and well .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭91011

I must be missing something - I'm looking at the link you give, I'm checking the home page, I've looked at a load of options and still see nothing whatsoever out of place.

Some locations are €5 with no extras, some €10, some €20, some state you must buy breakfast, some say breakfast and dinner, some breakfast just on particular nights - all clearly stated before you make any booking.

Sorry, but I can't see where they can be any clearer

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 193 ✭✭jett

... as a free lunch..........

This thread is simply for buyers beware - If it sounds too good to be true , it usually is .

You should always read the small print as well as the headlines .

You will find accomodation for €5 , but you will also find that it will cost you up to €50 to stay overnight in most of the places listed on the link above .

Anyone that disgrees with this are welcome to ring some of the locations at random , and they will soon discover the true picture .

I do not agree with compulsory purchase and find that an offer of €35 for a compulsory evening meal to be outrageous .

I agree with another poster above that there is no such thing as a free lunch , however freedom of choice should be a basic human right .

Advertisement