Superstays.ie and The Sun Newspaper - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
View Poll Results: Do you believe compulsory purchase is wrong ?
Yes 7 87.50%
No 1 12.50%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

11-03-2011, 21:53   #1
allthedoyles

Superstays.ie and The Sun Newspaper

It was advertised as ' Breaks from € 5 ' ........Which is correct .

So we collected all the required tokens in The Sun Newspaper ,and were really looking forward to a break for a fiver .

However , when we chose one location , we discovered that there was a breakfast which was compulsory @ €10 , and an evening meal compulsory @ €35 .

So all-in-all , it works out €50 pps .

When we rang one hotel , they did quote us € 50 , but of course failed to mention it was PPS .

In our opinion this is worthy of a mention in this forum .

see for yourself here :

http://www.superstays.ie/hotel.php?urn=149871
Advertisement
11-03-2011, 22:29   #2
Lawrence1895

It seems, the additional coasts for meals are not mentioned in the FAQs or small prints
11-03-2011, 22:34   #3
allthedoyles

In section 12 of the terms and conditions , it says that the booking is room only but may have opportunity to pay for meals where available :

Here is the exact wording :

12.These are room only bookings unless stated otherwise. You will have the opportunity, subject to availability, to pay the hotel/accommodation operator direct (either in advance, on arrival, or during your stay) for other facilities, services, meals, drinks and use of hotel/accommodation minibars where available.

Last edited by allthedoyles; 11-03-2011 at 22:36. Reason: info
11-03-2011, 22:41   #4
Lawrence1895

Quote:
Originally Posted by allthedoyles View Post
In section 12 of the terms and conditions , it says that the booking is room only but may have opportunity to pay for meals where available :

Here is the exact wording :

12.These are room only bookings unless stated otherwise. You will have the opportunity, subject to availability, to pay the hotel/accommodation operator direct (either in advance, on arrival, or during your stay) for other facilities, services, meals, drinks and use of hotel/accommodation minibars where available.
'You have the opportunity' means to me, that you have a choice if you have your meals in there. But in your opening post you mentioned 'compulsory' meals.
11-03-2011, 22:45   #5
allthedoyles

It is compulsory in one hotel . - a relation of ours is there tonight and it is costing € 50 pps .

Absolutely compulsory , - they argued otherwise and got nowhere
Advertisement
12-03-2011, 00:22   #6

A quick look shows its very clearly stated that its "from €5". Then you select your hotel and again all the costs are very clearly stated. Some are 5 with no compulsory extras some are 10, some insist on breakfast, some dinner.
I can't see how they can make it any clearer
12-03-2011, 13:44   #7
allthedoyles

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91011 View Post
A quick look shows its very clearly stated that its "from €5". Then you select your hotel and again all the costs are very clearly stated. Some are 5 with no compulsory extras some are 10, some insist on breakfast, some dinner.
I can't see how they can make it any clearer
There is no mention of compulsory breakfasts or dinners . In our opinion it is criminal to be compelled to purchase a dinner for €35.

This is like the guys on eBay that sell an item for €1.49 and charge €50 postage .
There is no saving to be made in this promotion . - You pay normal hotel prices .
You also have to buy 10 Sun Newspapers to use this promotion .

Rip-off Ireland is alive and well .

Last edited by allthedoyles; 12-03-2011 at 21:56.
12-03-2011, 17:16   #8

I must be missing something - I'm looking at the link you give, I'm checking the home page, I've looked at a load of options and still see nothing whatsoever out of place.

Some locations are €5 with no extras, some €10, some €20, some state you must buy breakfast, some say breakfast and dinner, some breakfast just on particular nights - all clearly stated before you make any booking.

Sorry, but I can't see where they can be any clearer
13-03-2011, 14:06   #9
jett
Banned

no such thing...

... as a free lunch..........
Advertisement
13-03-2011, 21:33   #10
allthedoyles

This thread is simply for buyers beware - If it sounds too good to be true , it usually is .

You should always read the small print as well as the headlines .

You will find accomodation for €5 , but you will also find that it will cost you up to €50 to stay overnight in most of the places listed on the link above .

Anyone that disgrees with this are welcome to ring some of the locations at random , and they will soon discover the true picture .

I do not agree with compulsory purchase and find that an offer of €35 for a compulsory evening meal to be outrageous .

I agree with another poster above that there is no such thing as a free lunch , however freedom of choice should be a basic human right .

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion