Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

11-03-2011, 14:11   #10126
RedBride

I had WI yesterday and had another STS, so my stats are like this
WK1 -2lbs
WK2 STS
WK3 -1.5lbs
WK4 STS

And I've pretty much done the same thing each week

Maybe my weight loss works in two week cycles. So I must be due a loss next week?!

New week anyway and am downing water like a good thing! Have it on my tracker now too so I make sure I get in my 2 litres every day.

Can someone help me with cream cracker pro points please? The packet doesn't give nutritional values so I can't make them up. The book says 1pp per cracker but I'm wondering if I can like have 3 for 2pps or that kind of thing? Please don't tell me I've wasted 4 pps on 4 cream crackers. So not worth it

One other thing, I bought WW Oat Digestive Biscuits today. The old points were on them, 1.5 points per two, so I was thinking there would be 2 pps in them. Just worked it out there and there's 3 pps in the two biscuits. Not happy. Sure I could have 2 normal ginger snaps for that.
Advertisement
11-03-2011, 14:47   #10127
anneo

WI last night only down 0.5 lb but at least its the right way.
Found out my goal weight, leader very nice and very good. I have 10lb to go to it, but I aim to smaller goals that that to keep myself happy. The goal weight is on the screen and then there is another underneath it if you want to lose more than that. I would like to lose a bit more but really want free classes ha ha.

Just want to say thanks to everyone on this, it really helped! The first night I went I thought everyone was mad they were so into it, now I am one of the mad ones and happy to be
11-03-2011, 14:52   #10128
Lady Lainy

Binge of all Binge!

has just had the mother of all binges for lunch....and i dont care!

and i'm still going to have my dinner later....feck the points....even tho my wi is tomorrow, i'd rather get the blow out, over with and out of my system...and start tomorrow on clean slate!

Blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

hit tesco today to stock up goodies and stuff for the week ahead. back on the wagon tomorrow....but tonight....i'm taking it OFF!

Some night off.....i'm cleaning the house, doing laundry, changing sheets, cleaning out my desk......getting all the jobs done today/tonight!

I been drinking diet coke all week....oooh addictive stuff! i've drank feck all water this week!

stay tuned....posting a georgous ww lemon bars recipe in a sec...yum!
11-03-2011, 14:55   #10129
Lady Lainy

Lemon Bars

ProPoints® Value: 4
Servings: 24
Preparation Time: 12 min
Cooking Time: 50 min
Level of Difficulty: Moderate

These tasty little bars have been lightened up and they'll go down a treat with afternoon tea, or as a TV snack.

Ingredients
145 g Flour, Wheat, White, Plain, plain
5 tablespoons Sugar, Light Brown
8 tablespoons Butter, cold, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
4 medium Egg, Whole
1/2 teaspoons (level) Vanilla Extract
335 g Sugar, Icing
180 ml Lemon Juice
2 teaspoons Lemon, zest

Instructions
Preheat oven to Gas Mark 4/180°C/350°F.

To make crust, mix flour and light brown sugar using a food processor until fully incorporated.

Toss butter into flour mixture and pulse to combine using short bursts of power until butter is cut into tiny pea-sized pieces and dough appears lumpy. Sprinkle crust mixture onto an ungreased 13 X 9 X 2-inch baking pan as evenly as possible; press down with a spatula to create a packed surface. Place crust in middle of oven and bake until golden, about 20 minutes.

Meanwhile, to make lemon topping, beat eggs in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until well blended. Add vanilla extract and 3/4 of icing sugar; mix well. Add lemon juice and remaining icing sugar; mix until icing sugar is completely dissolved and then add zest.

As soon as crust us finished, remove from oven and reduce oven temperature to Gas Mark 2/150°C/300°F. Immediately pour lemon mixture over hot crust. Bake completely; cool, and cut into 24 bars.

Notes
The crust must be HOT when you pour on the lemon mixture.

You’ll need approximately three lemons to yield the amount of juice and zest in this recipe.

You can increase the lemon flavour of these bars by adding more zest or eliminate the zest altogether for a less tart taste. You can also change the flavour completely by subbing fresh lime juice and zest for the lemon.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lemon bar.jpg (17.1 KB, 63 views)
Thanks from:
11-03-2011, 14:57   #10130
Shoe Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layla0509 View Post
Hey
Im off out for an italian tomoro ngiht with my sis and my mam (we decided to take mam out to take her mind off things we decided on the italian in Inchicore as its close to mams home) anyway ive been looking up their menu and im worried about what to have i've my WI in the morning so at least ill be able to enjoy it but dont want to be silly about it either

heres the menu can anyone help me out points wise id be very grateful if anyone has any recommendations on what is nice ill eat anything except olives
Hi Layla, nice to hear your mam is getting out and about

Just reading that menu made me hungry! If I were you, I'd go for a pasta dish like the Arrabiata or the bolengese, but ask for a half portion. I always ask for a half portion! I haven't got my eating out guide with me at the mo, but I'll look it up for you when I get home!
Thanks from:
Advertisement
11-03-2011, 15:28   #10131
lil kc
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by eefums View Post
They were chunky ones? Maybe il go with about 15 will i?
Yeah maybe just to be safe, or you could just forget it ever happened like I do sometimes!
Thanks from:
11-03-2011, 16:54   #10132
Lady Lainy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbaloo View Post
Lainy - I hope your cousin is okay and so sorry to hear about your sister.

It's funny that you mentioned toffee pocorn. I had Caramel snack-a-jacks for the first time last week and the first thing I thought was they they tasted really like toffee popcorn. Maybe they could get rid of a craving for you!
thanks bubbaloo....I actually got two packets of the carmel snack a jacks yesterday in tesco

i think the thing with my cousin just brought up alot of old feelings....so old habits and auto mode kicked on. Doctors STILL dont know what could be wrong...and she'll be waiting two months for cat scan....she's due to go to tanerife next week on hols, she's a spanish citizen...so she's checked her self into local medical centre in tanerife to get the cat scan. She'll be getting cat scan within 24hrs of getting to tanerife. We all just want to know whats wrong...

i think i've turned a corner now....slowly but surely clarity and sanity is coming back to me! my focus is back, desk cleared off and laptop back in its proper corner.....i was getting a little too comfortable on the couch....just made me want to snack...and leaning over coffee table was killing my pack. When i'm at the desk....its "work mode"....or so i tell my self.

Today is a total write off, and tomorrows wi is going to be laughably horrible...i can feel i'm retaining water....prob retaining a few pancakes and jam and custard too haha!

back to the treadmill and water tomorrow. Have one can of diet coke left...never again buying the stuff!
11-03-2011, 17:30   #10133
Dubgirlww

thanks everyone, i really found this thread amazing and since i started reading and posting i lost half a stone that i had been struggling to lose to get to goal!! also gave up diet coke around that time so water really does work i tell you, cuz as some of you know i seem to have at least one binge a week but if i didnt do it i would have fallen off the wagon altogether!!

have a good weekend ladies and ill be back monday to catch up on all and rant about what i couldnt stop myself from eating

lainey, hope your cousin is ok and dont let it get you off course
Thanks from:
11-03-2011, 17:37   #10134
misslt
Subscriber

Send a message via MSN to misslt
Well not only did I fall off the wagon but the bloody wagon upped sticks and took off without me

Twas himselfs birthday yesterday so we got an indian, had a skinful of drink...I made a WW cheesecake, but the recipe was for an 8in cake tin and mine was 9...so I had to up the recipe a small bit!!

I wouldn't mind so much but I'm off to England tonight to see my dad for the weekend and thats not gonna be good either

Ahh well...I'm expecting to be up this week, hopefully it won't be by too much and I can hop back on the wagon next week - I want my stone by 11th April at the latest...thats 4 weeks from Monday and I've only 4.5lb to go, so I'm hoping thats do-able.

Dubgirl I'm delighted for you, absolutely fair play.

Lainy, I really hope your cousin is okay!!

Well done to everyone on their losses, and I hope ye all have a better weekend than I'm going to
Advertisement
11-03-2011, 19:22   #10135
Monife

Confession time. Had a sausage, fried egg, huge piece of soda bread and beans in work today for morning break (11am), and I had already had my shreddies in the morn (6.45am). Then had a finger of kitkat and 5 mini hershey sweets.

Was planning on being super super good this week (want a really good loss) and only dip into weeklies by about 10 for few drinkies but now I am thinking it will be about 25 into weeklies, as am already over by 6 today. Oh well.

I was feeling so unmotivated to exercise today because it was dull, dreary and rainy and the devils and angels in my head have been arguing all day haha Thinking to myself "ah il do an exercise dvd when I get home" then "ah no f**k it i'll just relax"... this was going on in my head all day haha then it had stopped raining by the time I got home and I was feeling guilty, was just about to get the pj's on then the OH spurred me on to go out and do Week 2 Day 1 of couch to 5k, and I did. Feel so much better now.

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend. Time for a few vodka's now

Sorry for the rant.
11-03-2011, 21:21   #10136
m'lady

Hey all, quick question, would anyone have an idea how many pp would be in a pancake, unfortunately made with full fat milk and oil in pan, am raging with myself for accepting them!
11-03-2011, 21:49   #10137
SlimCi

Evening all, just to say tried the paprika chicken here this evening and the whole family loved it!! Down 2.5 lbs this week, went a bit nuts on crisps (they are my downfall) yesterday, just lost complete control of myself!! Keep up the good work everyone!
11-03-2011, 23:22   #10138
fofany

Just logged on here to try & stay on track. Today was my daughter's 9th birthday, so we had a birthday party with 13 kids. I did start off well. I had made cocktail sausages & got chips delivered from the chipper & while I was serving them out I was chewing gum to make sure that I couldn't pick at them. And it worked. But then I took the gum out & was picking at crisps & cake. And now I have the taste for it & am wondering what I could have (there's loads in the house). My bowl of fresh fruit just didn't do it for me. And I have to do it all again tomorrow because some of my friends are coming round with their kids because they couldn't make it today. And then on Sunday there's someone else's birthday party & I'll have to stay at it because my youngest is going too & I couldn't leave her on her own yet (she's just turned 4). My motivation is really wavering today. Earlier my hubby was telling me not to do it & reminding me how well I had done, but he's on night shift now & I'm alone with all the food. On a good note, a whole lot of the mothers of my daughter's friends commented on how much weight I had lost. I am always wearing a big coat outside the school, so I suppose noone had really seen too much of me.

Sorry about the long post.
12-03-2011, 00:37   #10139
Danii86

Just home frOm work.....had a reAlly really good day 2day....went spinning before work,ate proper food and drank bucket loads of water after reading about the benefits from so many of ye guys, and stayed within my dailies......UNTIL...they started to hand out finger food in work(work in a busy pub/restaurant so its hard enough to be good in there most of the time) anyway it was quite enough there this evening so they had to much food and i of course had to start picking at the extras!!! Think i had 3 mini pizzas(gave them 3 each??) and 4chicken nuggets (gave them 2each,they would be smAller then mcD's 1s) that was 15 points for no reason because i wasnt even hungry!!! Going to bed very annoyed with myself now!! Cant go spinning in the morn because iv work early but im on a split shift so hopefuly il get a walk in then. Sp p***ed off now because i had been having such a good day. Hopefully il be able to rectify it tomorrow. Cant afford to be bad after my 'imaginary day' on tuesday!!!
12-03-2011, 08:34   #10140
Layla0509

Had my WI STS I'm not too upset about coz I think I'm levelling off after having lost so much with the tummy bug last wk but this wk I've done loads of exercise so hopefully I'll see that on the scales next sat

Here's to a new week 
Thread Closed