Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

22-01-2010, 23:35   #1
Miacc

quick question about bunion surgery

I hope this is the right place for this one. Can anyone tell me anything about bunion surgery.

ballpark on price
recovery time
experiences of this if you've had it done
<...Mod Snip...>

I have a bunion and its started to give me pain recently and looks terrible! (and have a smaller one on the other foot too).I'd love to just get them chopped off, but not at the risk of wrecking my feet or affecting my mobility in any way.

<mod snip>

Last edited by locum-motion; 25-01-2010 at 00:53. Reason: Asking for advice.
Advertisement
24-01-2010, 20:59   #2
Ihaveanopinion

Price - free if you go publically, through your GP
Recovery - varies depending on what needs to be done, minimum 6 weeks

The one thing that worries me about your post is your description of your complaint. Bunion surgery is not done for cosmetic reasons or to fit into sexy shoes.

Best advice, talk to your doctor or ask him/her to send you to someone to give you proper advice
27-01-2010, 18:32   #3
Miacc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihaveanopinion View Post
Price - free if you go publically, through your GP
Recovery - varies depending on what needs to be done, minimum 6 weeks

The one thing that worries me about your post is your description of your complaint. Bunion surgery is not done for cosmetic reasons or to fit into sexy shoes.

Best advice, talk to your doctor or ask him/her to send you to someone to give you proper advice

Thanks for your reply Ihaveanopinion. That's helpful. I do need to talk to a professional about it, but any info i can get before that will help.

It's not for cosmetic reasons, although that would be a nice byproduct - my main concerns with going down this route are that I've heard this type of surgery is very delicate and i dont want to end up worse off after it. Thanks for the info.
26-02-2011, 21:19   #4
saoirsebui

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miacc View Post
Thanks for your reply Ihaveanopinion. That's helpful. I do need to talk to a professional about it, but any info i can get before that will help.

It's not for cosmetic reasons, although that would be a nice byproduct - my main concerns with going down this route are that I've heard this type of surgery is very delicate and i dont want to end up worse off after it. Thanks for the info.

Just bumping the thread for some info!
I'm 32, have had bunions (severe) since I was about fifteen.
I couldn't care less how they look they're just so damn sore.
If I walk more than ten/fifteen minutes I feel like my feet are going to explode.

Did you get the surgery?

If you can give any info it would be very much appreciated!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion