Welcome to the Motors Tech Help Forum
The purpose of this forum is for users to seek answers to specific questions in relation to cars. Any general or 'what if' question should go in the main Motors forum.
If you are asking a question please be sure to state the Make, Model, Year and Engine type. This will ensure a more accurate answer.
Now the biggest caveat to remember here is this is a public forum used by people with no idea what they are talking about. Don't assume the advice given is correct. Maintenance tips offered by forum members, whilst helpful, may not necessarily be correct solution, so if in doubt then contact your nearest dealer or qualified mechanic. If you do something as a result of what you read here, you agree that boards are in no way liable for anything at all - you are responsible for your own actions.
Also if you are giving advice please do not state as 'fact' things you are unsure of
* No personal attacks on other members
* No car registrations to be mentioned without photographic proof
* If posting images, remember those who still have to endure dial-up.
* Repeated occurrances of “that’s crap” or “you muppet” and other abusive comments in posts will result in a warning and then a good hard banning. If a moderator feels that it is warranted then a ban may apply following just one such comment.
* Old Threads - don't resurrect old threads unnecessarily.
* Caps Lock - its not that hard to turn them off!
* No txt spk - show some respect to others reading your posts
* Flame wars will not be tolerated (after the humour has worn off that is)
* No Trolling
* KEEP IT CLEAN. That means, NO links to Porn, etc., NO (or at least as little as possible) swearing – the stars are there for a reason you know!.
* This is not After hours ..."yore ma" and "IBTL" rubbish is not welcome here
* No advertising - if you have something to sell then use www.adverts.ie, not here! Items put up for sale will result in the advert being removed and the user getting banned.
* Bannings will be swift.
* Opinions offered here may not be informed or objective and that there may be vested interests in the forum.
* Back up your statements - if you make a bold statement then please provide some kind of evidence to back up what you are saying.
* It will be assumed that anyone posting within this forum has read and agreed to these rules.
* these rules will change so read them frequently!
Any posts pimping for business will be removed and the user permanently banned. I would also urge any user who receives unsolicited PM's to report the PM so the Admins can take appropriate action
Thanks for reading and enjoy the forum