Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

12-01-2011, 21:19   #1
krisbecs

SNA Salary Scale

Hi

Does anyone know with regard to special needs assistants is the salary scale dependant on how many years you are in the particular school or does qualifications & experience determine your rate of pay? I can find info on the actual rates but nothing on criteria
Advertisement
13-01-2011, 17:43   #2
Lady_North1

You basically start off on level one of the sna salary scale. If however you have relevant experience, (can't remember what qualifies as relevant, sorry) you can appeal to the dept and move up the payscale. Every year you move up the pay scale on the anniversary of the date you started. If you happen to leave a school and have a break in service then you start back on level on as far as I know.
Thanks from:
17-01-2011, 22:30   #3
J.R.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisbecs View Post
Hi

Does anyone know with regard to special needs assistants is the salary scale dependant on how many years you are in the particular school or does qualifications & experience determine your rate of pay? I can find info on the actual rates but nothing on criteria
There are no allowances for qualifications for SNA's. If 2 SNA's start on the same day & one is a lot more highly qualified than the other, with numerous courses & qualifications - both start on the same pay level.

SNA's start on point 1 of the SNA payscale and go up one point with each year of service.
11-10-2012, 18:01   #4
rustopher

Hi, I am looking for info on same as I have just been employed as an sna in a new school. I was reading about the scale from 1 to 15. So is it the case that I wouldnt reach scale 15 unless i am 15 years in the job. And if i already worked several years in another school with experience I have to start back on the first scale again?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion