Posts that are personally abusive in nature will not be not be tolerated and will result in moderator action up to and including banning from this forum.
This forum is not for posting or trading links to porn sites. This will result in a permanent ban
1. The purpose of this forum is the discussion of sex, sexuality and related topics.
2. Topics some may find offensive may be discussed here, there are over 500 other forums on boards.ie you can go to instead if you won't like it here. Reasonable links may not be worksafe, use your common-sense before following them. Complaints that there is content of a sexual nature on a sexuality discussion forum will not be entertained.
3. Not everyone in the world thinks the same way about these matters as you, labels like normal/abnormal, moral/immoral/amoral, ethical/unethical, kinky/vanilla, respectable/degenerate will always be disagreed on. How you would apply those labels and what they would imply to you is on-topic and thank you for sharing. Disrespecting those who would apply them differently is not.
4. Similarly, please avoid an overly didactic tone, especially if someone didn't actually ask for advice. This is a discussion forum, not a preaching forum.
5. Please keep within the general tone a thread started with:
1. By default, threads should be assumed to be about safe, sane and consensual acts (which includes the decision to be celibate, to abstain before marriage, etc). If you want to discuss something outside of that please start a new thread.
2. By default, what your god or gods think about the previous posters is off topic, please either take it to the forum for the appropriate religion, or else start a new thread on the matter. (Saying "I must not/must do X because of my religion" is okay, saying "No one should/Everyone should do X because of my religion" is not, unless the thread is explicitly about the morality of something).
6. If you ask a poster for more information on something they've said, and they choose not to reply, assume they don't want to answer that question, repeatedly asking such questions will be deemed an act of harassment and result in a ban.
7. Because of the subscriber-only nature of this forum it is not possible to allow for anonymous posting. If you PM a request to one of the moderators, we will treat it in confidence and may post it for you, before deleting the PM. (As mere common-sense should tell you, this confidentiality cannot extend to keeping quiet about matters that should be reported to the police).
8. Fun posts are welcome, but please stay serious on serious threads.
9. What goes where:
1. Threads on sexual morality focusing on a particular belief system go in the appropriate religion's forum. Threads on sexual morality here are open to all viewpoints.
2. Threads seeking advice on a given issue go to Personal Issues. The Personal Issues moderators work to steer replies towards those which are offering help, the moderators here will not, if you post about a problem here people can just discuss any aspect of the problem they find interesting and not offer any advice at all.
3. Threads about sexual health matters are allowed and encouraged here. If you have a concern about your own sexual health you should go to a doctor or an STI clinic, not here. As per other threads seeking advice, threads about coping with a sexual health issue are allowed here, but Personal Issues is the place to go for actual advice.
4. What celebrity you fancy, etc. is still an After Hours matter. It's not actually a discussion about sex or sexuality after all.
5. Purely humours threads go to the Humour forum.
6. Pointless links to pornographic or erotic material go nowhere. They get deleted and the poster gets banned (possibly site-banned).
10. It is not appropriate to out someone or otherwise say anything about their sexual lifestyle they have not mentioned themselves.
If there is something you want to post, but do not wish it to be posted in your name then please feel free to PM one of the moderators who will post it your name.
JUST A BASIC TEST CHARTER COPY AND PASTED FROM THE PREVIOUS FORUM.
EDIT when my brain isn't in rambling mode at the weekend I'll try and bash it into something more cogent.