Our revised rules including tickets - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Forum Closed  

07-12-2009, 23:08   #1
smashey
Administrator

Admin: GAA Mods, GAA
Our revised rules including tickets

Up-to-date rules can be found here:

Buyers House Rules
Sellers House Rules
Shop House Rules
Job Posting Rules
List of Forbidden Items
Terms and Conditions
Privacy Policy

Last edited by Steve; 19-12-2012 at 08:47. Reason: Updated to link to rules on adverts site
Thanks from:
Advertisement
10-12-2009, 21:47   #2
Steve
Life is hard, deal with it.

There were some new clarifications added to the asking price rules. I've updated smasheys post above to reflect and highlight them. No changes really, just some rules made clearer.
Thanks from:
17-12-2009, 10:25   #3
youcancallmeal

In relation to the tickets what happens if somebody is trying to sell a complimentary ticket or a VIP ticket which doesnt have a price on them? I can see some ugly situations arising when somebody trys to sell something like this at a ridiculous asking price
17-12-2009, 10:30   #4
smashey
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by youcancallme>al View Post
In relation to the tickets what happens if somebody is trying to sell a complimentary ticket or a VIP ticket which doesnt have a price on them? I can see some ugly situations arising when somebody trys to sell something like this at a ridiculous asking price
If that was to happen, we would remove the ad. Complimentary is complimentary.
Thanks from:
19-12-2009, 10:52   #5
Trinity

I thought animals were not allowed, has this changed? I cant see it on list of forbidden items, its probably staring me in the face

I will forward to this to suggestions but i will mention it here as well in case I am out of order but i really really feel baby food/formula and used earrings/body bars should be prohibited for health and safety reasons, they are not allowed to be returned in a shop for same reason and i cringe everytime i see an ad for them....
Advertisement
19-12-2009, 11:46   #6
smashey
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
I thought animals were not allowed, has this changed? I cant see it on list of forbidden items, its probably staring me in the face

I will forward to this to suggestions but i will mention it here as well in case I am out of order but i really really feel baby food/formula and used earrings/body bars should be prohibited for health and safety reasons, they are not allowed to be returned in a shop for same reason and i cringe everytime i see an ad for them....
For some reason I can't access the rules this morning bit it's there under the forbidden items. Search for "living creatures"
19-12-2009, 11:55   #7
Trinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashey View Post
For some reason I can't access the rules this morning bit it's there under the forbidden items. Search for "living creatures"
Cant access it either, thats not the entire list in first post then?
19-12-2009, 11:58   #8
smashey
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
Cant access it either, thats not the entire list in first post then?
That's correct, we've added a couple of items since. I'll edit the first post here accordingly later.
Thanks from:
15-02-2010, 01:54   #9
TouchingVirus

Send a message via ICQ to TouchingVirus
While looking for rules regarding bumping I notice "living creatures" isn't added here on this list yet
Advertisement
15-02-2010, 08:08   #10
smashey
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouchingVirus View Post
While looking for rules regarding bumping I notice "living creatures" isn't added here on this list yet
It's on the adverts rules on the wiki. I've added it here as well
20-02-2010, 01:56   #11
Simon201

just curious really, but what appears to be the reasonable markup that people can make on the tickets for sale section?
For instance there was tickets for sale last week that were up for sale for €50 each with a face value of €36.10. I actually dont know, but I'm assuming the booking fee wasn't €13.90?
20-02-2010, 09:02   #12
Steve
Life is hard, deal with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon201 View Post
just curious really, but what appears to be the reasonable markup that people can make on the tickets for sale section?
For instance there was tickets for sale last week that were up for sale for €50 each with a face value of €36.10. I actually dont know, but I'm assuming the booking fee wasn't €13.90?
Short answer is none. Tickets can only be sold for what they cost the seller, anyone attempting to apply a markup or profit is consideed a 'tout' under the rules and will attract an instant ban.

In theory, the maximum should be: Face value + booking fee + paypal fee (if paid for that way) + postage cost (if delivered that way).

There are hundreds of ads placed every day and, as we do this on a voluntary basis, we don't spot every rule breach straight away. Instead, we rely on community members like yourself to use the "report" button to bring them to our attention - please feel free to help out when you notice something amiss, we really appreciate it and it makes the site a safer place to trade on.

Edit: Just to clarify: By "what they cost the seller" I actually mean "face value + costs". If a seller paid over the odds elsewhere then they can't bring them here claiming for example a €20 ticket cost them €100 and use that as an excuse for an inflated price.

Last edited by Steve; 22-02-2010 at 22:54.
29-09-2010, 14:00   #13
wil

Re "Valid offers"

If a buyer replies "next in line" does this constitute a valid offer" when they havent made an offer of any price.

Pedantics perhaps, but pedanticism rules
29-09-2010, 15:46   #14
Adverts.ie: Eddie
Verified representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by wil View Post
Re "Valid offers"

If a buyer replies "next in line" does this constitute a valid offer" when they havent made an offer of any price.

Pedantics perhaps, but pedanticism rules
I don't think "next in line" should supersede an unconditional offer of the asking price.
17-12-2010, 19:44   #15
isup

is there free ticket going for something?
Forum Closed