Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

08-07-2008, 17:49   #16
JeanetteG

Wilf Walker - Artist

I was interested to read about Wilf Walker. I too have a lovely painting of peony roses in a blue bowl set on the edge of a table. It was a wedding present to my husband and me in 1963 so I do not know how much it would cost then.

We had it reframed about 9 years ago and I enquired about Wilf Walker then, to be told that he wasn't all that well known but that his work was good. It would be interesting to find out what value the painting has.

JG
Advertisement
02-08-2008, 23:07   #17
jbellmyer

Walker Painting with Photo

Hello all-

My wife inherited a Walker painting that we recently put on the wall in our bedroom. I believe this might be Wilf Walker, whom I've read about, but I haven't been able to find any photos.

I'm posting this photo, in the hopes that someone can confirm if this is Wilf Walker, or maybe knows who it is. Note the signature is simply "Walker", and I've read Wilf signed with his full name. But there were simply too many Wilf works described as flowers in vases for me NOT to try. Thanks!

22-04-2009, 22:47   #18
eoin curley

Wilf Walker painting of horses in the countryside

I too have a old painting in excellent condition of several horses in the countryside. Any information would be great
28-07-2009, 21:31   #19
shashaz

Wilf Walker - Artist?

I too also have a painting by Wilf Walker, I picked it up years ago on a visit to Fleetwood while on holiday in Blackpool, might have got it in an antique store. I love this picture and had tried to find out about the artist, i'll attach a picture, white horse on a beach. You can see the signature in the corner.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN1044_edited_edTMP.JPG (785.5 KB, 156 views)
20-11-2009, 02:13   #20
Easternshore

Wilf Walker

I also have a signed Wilf Walker Painting in a gold frame. Peonies in a vase.
Advertisement
02-08-2010, 00:25   #21
mimiindiana

Wilf Walker artwork

I have an oil painting signed by the artist Wilf Walker. Its a vase with various flowers on a table. I was interested in the value and validity of this painting. I can send a pic if necessary.

Thanks in advance for any info.
04-08-2010, 01:12   #22
snickerpuss

Hi there,

Merged this thread with an old one all about the mysterious painter who is Wilf Walker!
04-08-2010, 01:31   #23
snickerpuss

Hmmmmm couldn't resist digging into this a bit more.

It seems that Wilf Walker is in fact not William Aiken Walker - serious style and subject matter discrepancy! However, bit of online sleuthing (i.e - I googled) and I found this page from Christie's auction house. Reputable indeed.

Christy's Auction House - Winifred / Wilf Walker Painting

A still life of flowers was up for sale with this description:

'Winifred Walker, 20th Century
Roses, tulips, convulvulae, auriculas and cyclamen in a vase on a stone ledge
signed 'WILF WALKER' (lower right)
oil on canvas
24 x 20 in. (61 x 50.8 cm.)'

From 2004. Sold for £203.

See other works of hers that have been in auction here: Winifred Walker Paintings in Auction

Now if it is her, she's listed as winning medals from the Royal Horticultural Society (and is mentioned as a reputable botanical painter on their website (RHS Images Collection) Also she seems to have been active from c.1915 - 1965.

Will come back to this but all the horse paintings are a total mystery if she really is an English botanical painter!
08-08-2010, 13:17   #24
xdu

wilf walker

i have a wilf walker painting,two gentlemen on horseback outside a inn (golden crown) having a glass of beer, lot more going on in painting i'm no expert.
had this for over 30 years,is in one of those gold plastic frames (you know the type) and was covered by a poster.
seem's like wilf had a passion for horses.
Advertisement
15-10-2010, 22:21   #25
aine savage

Wilf Walker

I hav :)e a large picture of Peoni Roses. It is not an oil, so i take it ,it must be a copy. I bought it for 30Pound ,thirty years ago, at an auction.
It is signed by Wilf Walker. D,oes anyone know if it of any value.
Aine
15-10-2010, 22:33   #26
aine savage

wilf walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOUTOZ View Post
Hello,
I too have a print by Wilf Walker. Mine is a still life of Magnolias in a vase. I haven't been able to find anything out about the artist either. I wanted to point out, though, that the artist has definately signed his work 'WILF WALKER' and not 'WA WALKER' like on William Aiken Walker's work. If yours has the same signature, it may not be a William Aiken Walker. Unless, of coarse, the artist changed his signature part way through his carreer - who knows. Also, this still life of mine is very similar in style to Tretchikoff's work on the same subject. I'm happy to email you a picture of the signature if you'd like to compare.

I too have a print by Wilf Walker. It is of a bowl of paonie roses. I paid 30 pound for it at auction 30 years ago
Maybe we have masterpieces. If only
15-10-2010, 22:44   #27
aine savage

I to have a picture signed by Wilf Walker. I t is of a bowl of Peonie Roses
20-11-2010, 21:30   #28
eleven59

wilf walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by aine savage View Post
I too have a print by Wilf Walker. It is of a bowl of paonie roses. I paid 30 pound for it at auction 30 years ago
Maybe we have masterpieces. If only
hi came across these post while i was looking for info on my mums brother who is the guy who painted your pictures,he never did many paintings my mom says she can only remember him doing about a dozen or so paintings so if any of you have an original i would hold onto it regards ian
10-12-2010, 07:32   #29
darrensmit123

He is good Artist from the London UK.He write many Painting like Roses and Summer Flower in the Vase and Still life with a Rose flower.
26-02-2012, 18:49   #30
kirk1974

wilf walker

hi all, wilf walker was my uncle he died in 2011 aged around 76 born in india as my grandma and grandad were based over there with the army, i dont know alot about him as i never met him , i know that he used to sell his paintings to biscuit + chocolate companies that put prints on there tins ,he also sold to boots chemist. i spoketo my mum and she said he traveled and lived in different places around the country but always came back to warrington cheshire. he also owned an acting school in london.hope this gives some background on your paintings . regards kirk

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion