Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

07-04-2008, 19:37   #1
Sean1980

Delivery from US to Dublin by USPS

Hi
I have ordered an item of a site, and they are shipping using USPS,
and they have given me an USPS tracking Number, has anyone had anything delivered using USPS, if so do you know which postal service they use once item arrives in Ireland, as I live an apartment with secuirty gates, and I am wary of not being in, and the courier service not having access to leave me a note. Post Office have access to through security gates, but no other service does.
Also is the USPS trackin number also valid with the other courier/postals service, or is the seperate one, which I need to get from USPS

Thanks

Sean
Thanks from:
Advertisement
07-04-2008, 19:40   #2
pow wow

USPS is the American version of An Post (i.e. their national mail carrier) so AFAIK it'll come to this end through An Post. I've never had anything from them that was delivered via any other means, always through An Post, never a courier.
Thanks from:
07-04-2008, 19:58   #3
Steak

yeah it should come via An Post and you can track the item once it's in Ireland through here.
Thanks from:
07-04-2008, 20:05   #4
Sean1980

Thanks guys,
do you know if its the same USPS tracking number that will be used by AN POST? i have tracked the item via USPS which says it left US yesterday
Thanks from:
07-04-2008, 21:10   #5
Steak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean1980 View Post
Thanks guys,
do you know if its the same USPS tracking number that will be used by AN POST? i have tracked the item via USPS which says it left US yesterday
yeah, they use the exact same tracking number.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
05-08-2009, 11:54   #6
boysinblack

im having the same problem , but my tracking number isnt working with an post anyone know why?
05-08-2009, 16:39   #7
rubadub

Quote:
Originally Posted by pow wow View Post
USPS is the American version of An Post (i.e. their national mail carrier)
Yes, USPS is US post, while UPS is united parcel service which are couriers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boysinblack View Post
im having the same problem , but my tracking number isnt working with an post anyone know why?
There is no problem, it not working is normal!

Mine usually only works after I have recieved the item. USPS are usually very good.
Thanks from:
24-10-2009, 11:09   #8
mirzairl

question

hey would any1 know how long it would take to get from CA(californa) to Dublin ? ? it was shipped from usps on the 23rd thx
24-10-2009, 13:18   #9
parsi
Banned

Send a message via MSN to parsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steak View Post
yeah, they use the exact same tracking number.
If it's registered An Post add their own registered label when it gets to Ireland.

The USPS site is dead slow for tracking things - seems to get updated well after the fact.
Advertisement
30-08-2010, 19:01   #10
cool girl

2 usps

hi does any one know how long its takes to get from the us to ireland delivery by usps and will i get charged customs for a laptop ??? thanks
30-08-2010, 20:55   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool girl View Post
hi does any one know how long its takes to get from the us to ireland delivery by usps and will i get charged customs for a laptop ??? thanks
7 - 12 days at this time of year.

Yes you will get charged by customs

about 4% duty unless a taric number / exact description is attached + 21% vat on combined cost of computer + cost of shipping + duty (if applied) + €6 an post fee.

So if computer was $500, shipping was $50 and duty is 4% the approx total will be €120 due to an post.
30-08-2010, 21:40   #12
tallaghtoutlaws
Closed Account

I use USPS a lot and their tracking number details gets updated on their own website. You really shouldn't have to go to An Post to check their tracking. I usually find their tracking info up to date even with in Ireland.

Edit: Just to add when your parcel hits customs the USPS tracking wont update until it leaves customs. so there could be a few days of no update if your parcel is stuck in Customs. Customs hit and miss as well with their turnover of parcels.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion