Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

XBOX 360 NAT type is strict PPPOE settings UPC broadband

• 21-08-2010 12:21pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 153 ✭✭

Hey guys,

I can connect to xbox live no problem, even by testing the connection everything seems ok. But when I recently went to play multiplayer in COD it kept looking for games to connect to and didnt find any. Then I noticed NAT type was strict. Also in the xbox settings there is nothing set up for the PPPoE settings which I did have for Eircom but dont have for UPC.

Im using a cisco modem and funnily enough it states on UPC that the premium tech support are the only ppl who deal with support for network settings but dont give advice for cisco routers! Can anyone please help me?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 GuardianDemon

On your computer, up a tthe address bar, (http://blah blah blah) type in "192.168.1.1" without the quotes. You might be asked for a password and user name, so it will either be "Username : Admin ; Password : admin" or you can check on your router and it will have the name and password written on it.

Once in, go to NAT, and change it to OPEN.

That should help, i dont have a Cisco router, but thats a fairly basic on how to change it. Give it a try ^_^

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 153 ✭✭malin182

Ye Ive tried to find NAT settings on the cisco configuration page but there doesn't seem to be anything relating to NAT. Ive gone into a few other forums and set some port forwarding options but still nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

malin182 wrote: »
    Ye Ive tried to find NAT settings on the cisco configuration page but there doesn't seem to be anything relating to NAT. Ive gone into a few other forums and set some port forwarding options but still nothing.

Couple of things to try: Go to http://portforward.com/ and do all the steps like setting up a static i.p address for your console. It should be fairly straightforward to do. Then when you alter the settings on 192.168.1.1 or whatever, you should forward your settings to the i.p of the console for it to work Or If your cisco router has DMZ ( Demilitarized Zone) on the configuration page enter the i.p you have put down for the console and it will open all ports between the console and your connection.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 153 ✭✭malin182

Yes that seemed to work, the NAT is showing as open now. Thanks guys for the help!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 dooley1001

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,235 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

dooley1001 wrote: »

The IP address your console is on your network.

Advertisement