Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

27-07-2010, 18:09   #1
Barr

Reasonable Priced Dentist?

Hi All

Could anyone recommend a good dentist in the Cork area, I need to get 2 bridges done and have been quoted €1600 per bridge

Don’t know if this is the going rate but was looking to shop around.
Advertisement
28-07-2010, 07:07   #2
LilMrsDahamsta

Send a message via MSN to LilMrsDahamsta
The Dental Hospital would probably be far cheaper. See here for patient information and price list.
28-07-2010, 16:06   #3
Milly33

Dentists should change their title to Satans Minons evil evil people...

I went to Oscar Dermiddy up by turners cross his a nice chap (his helpers seem a bit grumpy but they are actually nice) not to sure how much he would charge for a bridge but was decent enough for fillings and that and checking to see if you were covered.

I have recommendation from others for Michael Doyle on McCurtain street suppose to be very good and there is a chap on douglas Street chinese who is suppose to be great. I can find out his name for you..

Stay clear of Broadale on marybourough charge as much of they like and they arent good dentists
28-07-2010, 22:52   #4
Barr

Thanks for the replies; I totally forgot about the Dental Hospital - I'll give them a call tomorrow.

Milly33 - if you could get the name of the guy in Douglas street it would be great, no harm in shopping around
30-07-2010, 11:13   #5
Milly33

Hi Barr

Im so sorry I cant seem to find this chaps name I know I had it written someone, as twas a friend passed it onto me...Hopefully I shall see her at the weekend and let u know
Advertisement
01-08-2010, 11:57   #6
rebel.ranter

Another thumbs up for Michael Doyle on McCurtain St. Really sound guy & the pricing for the work he did on my teeth seemed less than what a colleague got quoted from another dentist for similar work.
01-08-2010, 12:01   #7
mawk

I get my stuff done by alex o regan out in carrigaline and have done for years. I had to get a few things done lately and he knocked a few bob off with the repeat business. Does great work and really seems to love being a dentist
01-08-2010, 13:39   #8
RoverJames
Banned

Sean Twomey in The Lough Dental Practice seems to be fair with his charges, was scared sh1tless of the thought of a dentist but found him grand, highly recommended.
Thanks from:
01-08-2010, 19:55   #9
Papa_Lazarou

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoverJames View Post
Sean Twomey in The Lough Dental Practice seems to be fair with his charges, was scared sh1tless of the thought of a dentist but found him grand, highly recommended.
+1 On Sean Twomey.

Had to get a bit of work done in the last year and he was brilliant. I dreading going but i must say he really does make you feel comfortable and tells you about everything he'll be doing. Prices are fair as well.
Advertisement
01-08-2010, 20:38   #10
RoverJames
Banned

If you look like you're going to pass out he gives you a can of coke too I believe

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion