Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mini French Market on in Bunratty Tomorrow

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,713 ✭✭✭✭phog

Is this in the "village", do you have to pay to enter as normal or is it free during the market?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭CCSL

phog wrote: »
    Is this in the "village", do you have to pay to enter as normal or is it free during the market?

Outside Blarney Woollen Mills in the actual village.

IMGP4409.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭irishproduce

That looks the same as the one we get in Limerick once a year.
    Man, they charge some prices for some of the stuff!!
    One of the guys with the olives, you tell him "Just a few" and he loads them in purposely and you are left then with the option of accepting them (At some f*cking price - circa €15 a big scoop) or telling him to take some off. I told him take some off this year in the Limerick one and he was all pissed off!

That looks the same as the one we get in Limerick once a year.
    Man, they charge some prices for some of the stuff!!
    One of the guys with the olives, you tell him "Just a few" and he loads them in purposely and you are left then with the option of accepting them (At some f*cking price - circa €15 a big scoop) or telling him to take some off. I told him take some off this year in the Limerick one and he was all pissed off!

They are based in Ireland and go around to festivals etc. Prices are not too bad.

http://frenchmarket.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭irishproduce

On my salary they are a little more expensive than "Not too bad"
    The little cakes they sell are gorgeous but each one costs about €2 a go. Thats just one example

• Advertisement

On my salary they are a little more expensive than "Not too bad"
    The little cakes they sell are gorgeous but each one costs about €2 a go. Thats just one example

The one in Bunratty was not as expensive as far as I could see.
    You always pay a premium for these kind of markets so you just have to be very picky especially these days!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,667 ✭✭✭flutered

i.mo. overpriced and over here, i have seen quite a number on my wanderings, they are all the same waste of time and money.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Plus what constitutes a french market? A couple french guys selling olives? Ya those little buns in the limerick one were lovely.. we paid 13 quid for 6 :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Nockz

Stab*City wrote: »
    Plus what constitutes a french market? A couple french guys selling olives? Ya those little buns in the limerick one were lovely.. we paid 13 quid for 6 :eek:
    http://www.neworleansonline.com/directory/location.php?locationID=1336

I fart in your general direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,713 ✭✭✭✭phog

CCSL wrote: »
    Outside Blarney Woollen Mills in the actual village.

Thanks, hopefully I'll get a rub out there later today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

phog wrote: »
    Thanks, hopefully I'll get a rub out there later today.

This is like the Thai Massage thread all over again :eek:

I've come to the conclusion that the French Marketeers are ripping us off and charging ridiculous prices based on the novelty factor involved.

- I've half a mind to go to France in my Hiace, set up a stall and sell Kilmeaden Cheese, Tesco Buns etc, Denny Sausages etc. in my own Irish Market at 500% the going rate - I'll have to sound proof the Van so they don't hear me ripping the packaging off every morning.

I've also heard a few stories about how they are pig ignorant to their Customers, and have personally found the Stall Holders at the last one I was at totally obnoxious.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Nockz wrote: »

And boy do you stink!! Phewww!!:D

That link? Was it meant to show me something?

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Nockz

Stab*City wrote: »
    And boy do you stink!! Phewww!!:D

That link? Was it meant to show me something?

That the French Market originated in New Orleans and that it has nothing to do with french people selling you buns for €13, but rather that a French Market is just a collection of market stalls selling different things. As in, the one in Bunratty should have a good deal of variety.

"You're preconceived notions were shattered by these super white old people dancing".

Advertisement