Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

02-03-2010, 09:16   #46
munchkin_utd

Quote:
Originally Posted by fresca View Post
There is a page here [ http://www.corkcoco.ie/co/web/Cork%2...rrent+Projects ] that is supposed to contain documentation on the N22 ... but the links are broken.
I'ce emailed Cork CoCo about it...
The route selection dead link, external to the cork county council website, is cached here:
http://web.archive.org/web/200709142.../n22_index.htm
Thanks from:
Advertisement
03-03-2010, 09:23   #47
fresca

Tralee Bypass - Council Oppose Levy

03 Mar 2010
Cllrs oppose levy to cover cost of link roads in Tralee Bypass

Tralee Councillors are opposing the proposed introduction of a development levy to cover the cost of link roads in the Tralee Ring Roads Project.
At the Town Council's monthly meeting, management said it's proposed to bring in a levy of €24.43 per square metre for houses, and €29.31 per square metre for non residential developments.
Tralee Town Council currently has a levy in place to cover roads, which equates to around €17 per square metre.
However in the Tralee environs - areas which don't come under the town council's management - there isn't any levy; so there are large gains to be made in that area.

The Department of the Environment has said the proposed levy appears to be quite high.
Town Council management say the levy is needed to cover the €4million cost of link roads in the Tralee Ring Roads Project, as central Government won't be contributing since it's already covered the cost of the main roads.
Councillors are vehemently opposed to the levy, saying it'll prohibit development.
They decided to put the issue back until next month's meeting, but it has to be dealt with within six weeks.

Meanwhile Kerry County Council has been given the go ahead to enter negotiations with landowners to buy the land needed for the road network; it can serve notices from next week.

--ends

yet another project, cpo'ed, but no closer to activity...

project: http://www.kerrycoco.ie/en/allservic...2traleebypass/

Last edited by fresca; 03-03-2010 at 09:27. Reason: added project url
15-03-2010, 13:51   #48
fresca

Tralee Bypass to go ahead in 2011

from http://www.radiokerry.ie/news

Quote:

13 Mar 2010

Tralee bypass will begin next year, says TD

Construction work on the Tralee Bypass is due to begin next year. That's according to correspondence between the Transport Minister and Kerry North Fianna Fáil TD Tom McEllistrim. Kerry County Council was recently given notice to enter into negotiations with landowners - and commit to buy the land needed for the project. The council says it hasn't yet been given the go ahead to go to tender or construction of the road.
i'm not sure - it's hard to see this project going to construction in 2011...
15-03-2010, 13:55   #49
invinciblePRSTV
Closed Account

Hmm, seems to be a fair few TDs issuing Press Releases saying that projects are going ahead in the past few days. So thats the N22 Bypass and N25 Flyovers, whats after happening to prompt this?.
15-03-2010, 14:01   #50
fresca

Quote:
Originally Posted by invinciblePRSTV View Post
Hmm, seems to be a fair few TDs issuing Press Releases saying that projects are going ahead in the past few days. So thats the N22 Bypass and N25 Flyovers, whats after happening to prompt this?.
Is that the smell of an ELECTION in the air?

Or maybe, whilst all the ministers are away on their st patrick's holidays, the back benchers are being told to make their voices heard?

either way, i'll take this with a large grain of salt.

surely (within the region) the abbeyfeale-adare; farranfore-killarney; ballyvourney-ballincollig & even SRR upgrades of Sarsfield and Bandon interchanges should have higher priority?

Even Michael McGrath in cork has claimed the SRR junction upgrades are going ahead http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...p?t=2055853085 ... (note this is the scheme invinciblePRSTV mentions above - thanks!)

Advertisement
15-03-2010, 14:37   #51
Sponge Bob
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fresca View Post
Is that the smell of an ELECTION in the air?
Tis, they are making the exact same kind of promises in Mayo as you would expect with an election in the offing.
25-03-2010, 08:35   #52
fresca

http://www.radiokerry.ie/news/

Quote:
24 Mar 2010Councillors vote in favour of development levy for Tralee ring roads

Kerry County Councillors have voted in favour of a development levy to cover the cost of the link roads in the Tralee Ring Roads Project.
14 councillors voted in favour of the draft supplementary development contribution scheme, while four councillors voted against.
Nine were absent for the vote.
Earlier this month Tralee Councillors opposed the proposed introduction of a development levy, however they decided to hold off on making a decision until next month's meeting.
The proposed levy is €24.43 per square metre for houses, and €29.31 per square metre for non residential developments.
Tralee Town Council currently has a levy in place to cover roads, which equates to around €17.
However, in the Tralee environs, a levy doesn't exist in areas which don't come under the town council's management, so there are large gains to be made in that area.
County Manager Tom Curran says the levy scheme shows commitment and that it's the way forward for the council.
The levy is needed to cover the €4million cost of link roads in the Tralee Ring Roads Project, as central Government won't be contributing; it's already covered the cost of the ring roads.
(2) thanks from:
30-04-2010, 10:00   #53
fresca

Tralee Ring Roads Project

So the council have adopted the increased development contribution to fund the tralee ring roads project.

notice of adoption...
http://www.kerrycoco.ie/en/advertsno...e,3804,en.html

project website...
http://www.kerrycoco.ie/en/allservic...groadsproject/
06-05-2010, 10:43   #54
fresca

Tralee Bypass Notice on eTenders

posted on april 30, 2010.

notice of tender for tralee bypass project.

http://www.etenders.gov.ie/search/sh...148815&catID=1
Advertisement
06-05-2010, 18:17   #55
MYOB

Healey-Rae demand by any chance? Unless they don't intend to actually go ahead with the tender, in which case I cant see why they'd publish it.
07-05-2010, 07:59   #56
fresca

Nope.
Wrong constituency - Jackie is in Kerry South.
And believe me... he takes absolutely no interest in what happens "north of the maginot line"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYOB View Post
Healey-Rae demand by any chance? Unless they don't intend to actually go ahead with the tender, in which case I cant see why they'd publish it.
07-05-2010, 08:49   #57
MYOB

I thought that hilariously over-spec for a WS2 scheme north of Castleisland was one of his "for the betterment of Kerry" schemes though?
12-05-2010, 09:40   #58
willbeuptuesday

Does anyone one else believe that this bypass has to be built before the proposed shopping center is built on the john joe sheehy road. I am assuming that such a large development beside such a crucial road will only force traffic back into the town. Do people agree or disagree?
12-05-2010, 11:18   #59
fresca

I haven't had time to check if the planning permission includes some sort of traffic restrictions for construction traffic.

But you are 100% correct in that the construction of this project is going to cause significant impact to one of the main artery's of the town.

I must also check to see wht sort of access road access has been granted.
I can imagine traffic coming into town, turning right onto john joe sheehy road and then turning right again into the shopping centre... that will be chaos!!!
i presume (haven't checked) that there will be a new round about at the entrance to the shopping centre, although given that at peak times the round about at the john joe sheehy road / boherbee road is gridlocked, this will probably make no difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by willbeuptuesday View Post
Does anyone one else believe that this bypass has to be built before the proposed shopping center is built on the john joe sheehy road. I am assuming that such a large development beside such a crucial road will only force traffic back into the town. Do people agree or disagree?
12-05-2010, 11:22   #60
Tech3
Closed Account

We are still in a recession, I doubt there will be any new shopping centres being built in Tralee for the short term at the very least. Also the whole route has been CPO'd.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion