Originally Posted by chave
no need for iringer or garageband. can make ringtones using just itunes.
1) find the song you want
2) right click then get info
3) go to the options tab and select your favorite 30 seconds.
4) go back to the new 30 sec song in itunes right click and convert to aac
5) then with the file change the extension to from .m4a to .m4r this can be done by dragging to the new 30 sec aac file to the desktop from itunes.
6) then change the old song back so i doesnt only play 30 secs of it.
7) the ringtone should now be in ringtones section. if not add the .m4r from the desktop.
takes about a minute to do after you get used to it. ive made about 40 now.
and its free too
I did this all up as far as part 5. I didn't know how to change the .m4a to .m4r I dragged it from iTunes to the desktop and the name didn't have .m4a in it atall.
I right-clicked on the song on the desktop and went into Properties, the file name was "MPEG-4 Audio File (.m4a)" I don't know how to change this. I looked up videos on youtube and still I can't.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.