Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

16-02-2010, 13:38   #1
cgc5483

Stanley Super 90 range help needed

Hi,

My father has a solid fuel Stanley Super 90 range which is about 16-17 years old now. He recently had to replace the top plate as it had cracked and fractured. He had a guy who repaired ranges do this for him and he actually used a top plate from a oil Stanley Super 90 as he said it was all he could get. Since then the heat output has been really poor and it's impossible to to get the thermostat past about 150 C even with a blasting fire that would previously have the thermostat at max. Anyone any experience of these ranges and have any advice or know someone with good experience of these who he could contact in Galway area.

Thanks
Advertisement
16-02-2010, 16:23   #2
celtboy1888

impossible to diagnose with out seeing it, but i have seen cases in the past where ppl have used other tops for stoves etc...sometimes it dont work, as it may screw in ok and fit tight to the gasket...but the 'baffle' ridges under the hot plate are different, and can affect the flow of air/heat around the boiler/oven... might be the problem..
Thanks from:
16-02-2010, 18:08   #3
cgc5483

Quote:
Originally Posted by celtboy1888 View Post
impossible to diagnose with out seeing it, but i have seen cases in the past where ppl have used other tops for stoves etc...sometimes it dont work, as it may screw in ok and fit tight to the gasket...but the 'baffle' ridges under the hot plate are different, and can affect the flow of air/heat around the boiler/oven... might be the problem..
Yeah i thought it might be something like this. Interesting the guy said that the reason the previous top cracked was because it was screwed down too tightly.
16-02-2010, 18:11   #4
celtboy1888

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgc5483 View Post
Yeah i thought it might be something like this. Interesting the guy said that the reason the previous top cracked was because it was screwed down too tightly.
not possible to screw it down too tight...unless he used a pneumatic air gun!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion