Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

05-01-2010, 23:45   #1
Black_Knight
I speak fluent sarcasm

Reserve team

What are the benifits to having a reserve team?

Does it help with player development? I was just browsing some squad there and there were a load of young, very good youths, drafted by that team (not bought in). In my time playing TM, ive only had 1 moderatly successful youth! Hes got about 4000ASI (not much, but its better then nothing).

Do I have to go pro and get a reserve team to get better youth development?
Advertisement
06-01-2010, 09:27   #2
kmick

The major benefit is routine. They dont train any bettter and you wont get better youth pulls. Their average rating is not accurate either as they will often be playing against really crap players on other B teams. So mainly just a chance to see which of your players play well and to get routine for them. What level are you at for YD? They have turned the youth pulls way down this year as they were worried about player inflation. I find at YD 7 I get about 3 or 4 players a year over a 15 rating.
06-01-2010, 12:19   #3
Black_Knight
I speak fluent sarcasm

Youth Dev is 6, training is 4. Ive some money in the kitty to upgrade, but I could really do with another defender, 1 injury could cripple my defence.

What potential players should I draft? Anything thats single digets I generally sack. I cant remember the last time I got a 15+

So having a reserve squad doesnt help them develop at all? It only gives them routine? Is it worth it?

Last edited by Black_Knight; 06-01-2010 at 12:25.
06-01-2010, 16:53   #4
kmick

Draft everything and scout them at least twice with the best scouts you can get your hands on. They are only 200k a player which is cheap in the scheme of things. If they come in less than 10 fire straight away unless their key stats are really good.. I usually keep anything above 10/11/12 and sell them on after they bloom. Tend to keep anything above 15 myself.

The only way a reserve squad is worth it is if you have lots of good youth players who are not making the first team and you can play them in the reserve squad to get their routing up. This serves two purposes
1)Gets their routine up for 1st team if you intend to use them eventually
2)Increases their resale value. High routine = dollars
Thanks from:
07-01-2010, 01:49   #5
Black_Knight
I speak fluent sarcasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmick View Post
2)Increases their resale value. High routine = dollars
Did not know that! I never look at routine when buying a player!

Id get pro now, but their paypal option for payment isnt working at the mo, 2 weeks from 12th Dec.... something doesnt ad up there...
Advertisement
07-01-2010, 09:34   #6
kmick

I try not to buy players with routine of 8 or less. I have found players with less than 8 routine tend to be less effective.
08-01-2010, 14:20   #7
nkay1985

Yeah I personally think it's worth it due to the routine your young players gain and due to the fact that you get to see how they play in relation to their stats.

The only way to succeed in this game long term is to go down the youth route. This wasn't completely true a few seasons ago when I started playing but it definitely is now as players just cost too much. So you've got to have a youth setup where you can keep the best for yourself and sell the ones that aren't up to scratch.

I'm at the stage now where a number of my youths that I'd like to play can't even get in my reserve team. I have a few lads who are 15/16/17 rated but I already have others in those positions so they can't necessarily get in!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion