Can someone else apply for passport on my behalf - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

22-09-2009, 21:22   #1
slade_x

Can someone else apply for passport on my behalf

I was just wondering could someone else apply in person on my behalf for an express passport

I just need one for a quick trip to england in 2 weeks, my last passport expired in 2003
Advertisement
22-09-2009, 22:03   #2
Beer Baron

Send a message via MSN to Beer Baron Send a message via Skype™ to Beer Baron
The only way that is possible is if you get a letter which gives power of attorney to the other person. This must show medically that you are incapable of applying for the passport yourself for reasons of mental incapability, physical disability or emotional disability(very hard to prove).

The reason you must apply for a NEW passport in person is so that the Gardai can sign off on your pictures and birth certificate/other ID that it is actually you.

Sending in a friend/relative you say "howya, will you stamp this" will not really do.

If it is a replacement passport then you can just sign the form and submit the new pictures and the old passport in the post office and bobs your uncle you will get a replacement.
23-09-2009, 03:31   #3
slade_x

i didnt mean do everything, i just meant i get everything sorted myself and then i get someone to go to cork to hand in my forms etc.

Im aware i can submit the form pictures and old passport but the wait time is stated as 10 days minimum from receipt of application. as of tomorrow i have 11 days before i need to travel

Thanks
23-09-2009, 09:53   #4
finbarrk

I'm sure if it's only a matter of dropping in the completed documents then it shouldn't be a problem.
23-09-2009, 10:33   #5
dereko1969

you'll need them to bring proof of your travel arrangements if you want it in time.
Advertisement
23-09-2009, 10:42   #6
kmick

The express service which costs 75 euro is within 10 days. Usually it is much faster like 5 days any time I have done it (twice).
http://www.anpost.ie/AnPost/MainCont...sport+Express/

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion