Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Out of Focus & Off Topic MkII...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

orig.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

Tallon wrote: »
    orig.jpg

that made me lol. I have seen them do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

I <3 that website :)

Edit @trish - with lightsabres and all?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

@sinead oh yeah totally... although Absinthe had been consumed in large quantities shortly before hand

PCPhoto wrote: »
    I'm on TV.

was out an Blanchardstown District Court today to take photos of the two lads up on charges of possession of €3million worth of Coke (I'm in the Gray T-shirt - watch what happens after exchanging words with the two guys...I think its class)

Feckin' well deserved.

http://tv3.ie/news.php?video=13662&locID=1.2.141

gate1.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭mikeanywhere

gate1.gif

classic!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

gate1.gif

I can't stop staring at it, 'tis hypnotic!

I can't stop staring at it, 'tis hypnotic!

I know... it really is

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Someone should do them for littering.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

AnCatDubh wrote: »

That one of AG bell is amazing! I'moff to paris in the morning - trying to decide between the Louvre and Orsay for exactly this inspiration. I get to play with the digital Hassie in college and I want some GOOD stuff to work from!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

There is exhibition of Munch's work in the National Gallery from Saturday (as far as I remember it correctly from the radio) and The Scream is there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Anouilh

This is one of the reasons that I dislike flickr - their terms and conditions which lets them hold onto the an original size not releasing it back to you (effectively) I hate. Having said that I now only upload 800px longest side images so I shouldn't let this worry me tbh ;) It did bother me previously when I was looking for an original of one of my images in a hurray. I knew I had sent it to flickr but not having a pro account meant that they wouldn't give it back to me.

I think people should have a definite personal policy as to using online photo sites - as sharing - rather than a comprehensive backup solution.

The answer to this is a bit off topic, so I've brought it here.

Flickr makes every effort to ensure that photographers' copyright is honoured, I think. I have just found a pleasant surprise. Photos I uploaded to an Australian group there are now nicely presented on a sharp template:

http://www.pictureaustralia.org/apps/pictureaustralia?term1=rosewoodoil&Submit=search&action=PASearch&attribute1=any+field&mode=search

The copyright is clearly presented:

http://www.pictureaustralia.org/ordering/flickr.html

Also, if you tag all your photos with a distinctive word that only you use, all the photos will be instantly available, not just the 200 that are usually visible in the free account, for example:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tags/photographedublin/interesting/?page=22

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭Anouilh

There is a site, Lurvely, that links to Flickr and presents photos on a black template:

http://www.lurvely.com/index.php?owner=77969956@N00&page=2

• Registered Users Posts: 30,025 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

pretty cool, must do it on my parents pc... they have a window behind the monitor

Had to dig up this thread for this :D

camera.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭rameire

So as you all know, I have started at Griffiths college this week on the Photography diploma and I was wondering if anyone had an old copy of the book 'Ways of seeing' by John Berger that I could borrow...

P.S. The course and the amount of work has me completely freaked out! hahaha :eek:. Hopefully I'll be ok!

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Had to dig up this thread for this :D

camera.jpg

I wonder what the Nikon D3X looks like :eek: 24 megapixels :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

Berkut wrote: »
    I wonder what the 21 megapixel looks like :D :eek:

like Jordan :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

That book is available on Amazon for between 4 and 10 pounds sterling

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

ah i came into your class today ranting bout the year.

tbh ya dont need it AT ALL.

the work is not that bad at all, if ya need notes of a hand i have everything from last year still. workbooks etc.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

ruby gives your a book with all the jazz in it too i think

OMG! Hahaha...Which one were you? Small world!!

red chequered hoodie fiercely hungover

Was this tonight or during the day? I am doing it as an evening course...

ahhhhhh daytime...oops

LOL - was thinking that maybe I had missed ya! haha.

So I shouldn't worry? Got ideas already for first assignment in ways of seeing, gonna try and do that this weekend. So maybe it will be ok. Started visual diary tonight when got home too!

Hows the hangover now?? ;)

rameire wrote: »
    LOL - was thinking that maybe I had missed ya! haha.

So I shouldn't worry? Got ideas already for first assignment in ways of seeing, gonna try and do that this weekend. So maybe it will be ok. Started visual diary tonight when got home too!

Hows the hangover now?? ;)

who day of hector... not much better.

theres a interyear sorta drinkings thing arranged for thursday if ya wanna pass the word about. think a poster may be up. it helps to get chatty with all the years.

and i wouldnt worry at all

• Advertisement

Cool.. Whats the details? We have class on thursday night, but not tomorrow. Maybe you know someone that might put a message on moodle to get the word around...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement