Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Im making Fsx Irish Airports

• 31-08-2009 2:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hello all,

Im updating default fsx airports and making new ones that were not included with fsx. Im trying to make them as detailed as I can. The airports im currently doing are:
    Cork Airport
    Ireland West Knock
    Kerry Airport
    The 3 Arann Island Airfields
    Abbeyshrule Aerodrome
    Bantry Aerodrome
    Birr Aerodrome
    Connemara Regional Airport
    Coonagh Airfield
    Moyne Aerodrome
    Spanish Point
    Trim Aerodrome
    Weston

After these I will try to get more done.
    Please visit http://fsxirishscenery.yolasite.com/ for pictures and updates, and the files I will eventually upload.
    Happy landings!

Attatched is near-finished Atlantic Flight Training at Cork Airport.

What do you think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭jasonb

As a new user to FSX, I think this is an excellent idea! I hope to start my PPL soon and will be using FSX to practice a bit, and having the 'correct' look for all those airfields will be a big bonus.

Keep us updated on how you get on, I'd definitely be interested in those airfields.

J.

P.S. I looked at your download section, and downloaded that different grass texture. However, when I viewed the detail1.bmp file, it didn't come up at all. Surely I should see a picture of the grass?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Wow, Atlantic looks impressive!! Can't wait to try your stuff out, do me a favour and PM me when you've it done :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭fsxirishscenery

Hehe, thanks for the comments people! By the way, anybody know of a programme to apply textures to a model for fsx? I know of Instant Object Maker, but are there any freeware ones? Thanks!

Hi Jason, that picture isnt supposed to be able to open! Its the actual texture that goes into fsx! Theres a pic of it on my website under the link. When this is installed you can see the blades of grass on the ground, thats why I recommended it!

Happy landings everybody

• Registered Users Posts: 7,465 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Looks good- You should look at having Aerosoft AES integrated with the large airports

Looks good- You should look at having Aerosoft AES integrated with the large airports

Ok, I dont own AES but how would I go about integrating it for other people? Or is that not possible?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,465 ✭✭✭highlydebased

You dont need to own it :P

Basically in order to do it you have to email aerosoft and explain what you are doing and explain you want to add AES compatibility and they will advise whats involved

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭jasonb

Excellent! Not only do I now have the better looking grass, but I had a look at that forum ( that your link went to ) and got better roads as well, thanks!

J.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭bandit197

Excellent, looking forward to the finished product.
    Thanks;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

Good work man, will be very interested in the Aran Islands when theyre done!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭CaptainSkidmark

i cant wait for a decent cork airport! :D

• Advertisement

Thanks everybody!

At the moment im working on the Cork Airport Terminal in gmax :D!!
    Thanks for all the possitive comments! This terminal is taking a LOT of patient hours to complete! Frustrating at times but its near enough to completion!:rolleyes:

Cheers,
    Cian

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭CaptainSkidmark

any chance of a screenshot of the terminal building? :D

Looking forward to using this.
    Keep up the good work.

Here ye go attatched some pictures of how the terminal is gettin on!
    Testing it at the moment and tryin to get the bloody transparency to work properly on the windows! Hope ye like it so far?

Hi everybody, im gonna need some help please. The terminal im making in gmax for Cork Airport just isnt working out for me, I just cant get how to texture it. I have the gamepack and all, and ive looked at the tutorials, but no luck.

So, please could somebody with a lot of texturing experience email? I just cant get it from the tutorials!

Thanks everybody

KILKENNY RELEASED TOMORROW!

Hi everybody! Just letting ye know ill be releasing Kilkenny Airfield tomorrow Saturday the 5th!

Just making some final touches to Kilkenny!:rolleyes:

Kilkenny Released!! :D

File at http://fsxirishscenery.yolasite.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭andy_g

website currently down?

andy_g wrote: »
    website currently down?

Really? Its working for me?

Is it working for anybody else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Site working fine for me. Just downloaded and will install later to have a look.

Well done!

Site working fine for me. Just downloaded and will install later to have a look.

Well done!

Any problems please let me know!

Tell me what ye think aswell!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭bugsyboy

Download and installed the scenery. It's excellent. Well done. Good day to have it completed. Ta athas orm....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Sepulchrave

Wow this is the best irish Flightsim news I have heard since IFSD released Dublin :)

Thank you so much for your work! I live in Cork and can't wait for it to be finished, especially as the IFSD Cork was never 100% finished! The terminal and Atlantic looks great! Kepp up the good work!

Thanks everybody! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭bandit197

Kilkenny installed and looking great. Thank you, looking forward to some more.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

Installed last night and had a few circuits in my trusty Tomahawk. Looks good and is easy on framerates. Well done :)

Thanks everybody!

Announced - Bantry Aerodrome!

This airport is in the south west of Cork and is not included in the default irish scenery, so ive just started building! :D

Just to let ye know, Bantry Aerodrome will be released soon enough. Also I have no pictures of Coonagh Airfield, so I mightnt be able to make it... Please somebody send me pictures?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Sepulchrave

Hey fsxirishscenery,

As promised, I have some pictures here I took of Cork airport when I was up there on Wednesday, they may not be great but I hope they come in handy somehow! Sadly, we took off from runway 35 so we did not taxi past the cargo buildings, and so I only have shots of some of the cargo buildings taken from a distance :( I have put them all in a .rar file that I uploaded on Mediafire. Also, I recorded the taxi and takeoff in hd on my camcorder while I was taking the pictures, so when I have it uploaded on YouTube I will let you know, I recorded the terminal building and the old one so you may find that useful as well :)

You can find the rar file with the shots at http://www.mediafire.com/?nmnyxy4wmnn

Advertisement