In answer to your questions, I'll take each one at a time:
1. Will I be entitled to a medical card?
2. Will I be entitled to rent allowance (rent is currently 1100 euros/per month)
3. Will I be entitled to Job Seekers Allowance? I resigned from my position but this was because I was severely depressed in my old job and had re-trained in a completely different industry.
1. The medical card is means tested and they take the following into account: earnings, rent paid out, travel allowance (if your partner commutes a long way), no. of children and chronic medical conditions, so for example if you or your partner needs medication for diabetes etc every month, they take that into account. The fact is 54K is a lot and it is likely that it is over the threshhold but as I said they do take into account of many factors so I would apply for it. You apply for the medical card through the local Health centre not the social welfare.
2. The answer is no you won't because your partner has sufficient funds to pay for the rent, nor will you get a payment from the community welfare office because you are living together, I say this because I am in the same boat as you and I tried.
3. You may be suspended for a period of time before receiving unemployment benefit or assistance because you resigned but I believe that you will be paid after the suspension period. You will need to ring the dole office to find out for sure. If you have worked in the last two years you will have enough credits to receive jobseekers benefit, and as such, you partner's income is irrelevant, but, if you are only entitled to jobseekers allowance then it is means tested, they take into account of his earnings, rent paid, any children you may have, savings, property or stocks/bonds. It gets tricky here because you may be only entitled to a part payment or none at all. It takes a long time, I'm still waiting after three months and it could be another two months before I get a payment, if any, but it is worth trying.
Hope that helps