Naked in the sauna..... - Page 4 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

07-08-2009, 07:43   #46
Mellor
Unsubscriber

You have to wear swimsuit over here (australia)
so its not just a cold climate issue,
Advertisement
07-08-2009, 08:53   #47
am i bovvered

The sauna in germany comprises of 2 pools, turkish room, 4 traditional sauna rooms, steam room, jacuzzi, heat room, solar room, crystal room, bar & reastaurant !!! not a cozzie in sight. The last time we were there the Town Council were having their weekly meeting.
07-08-2009, 13:20   #48
ronbyrne2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugly View Post
Thankfully not although I have been flashed by creepy older men.
I did however interrail last summer.Communal showers *shudders* Only single sex but I honestly waited until I reached a hotel to shower. .
Like I say, if they're naked, I can deal, once they keep their distance but I don't get naked ever My clothes are stitched to my skin
Smell ya later.
04-11-2009, 23:32   #49
testicle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothingcompares View Post
nobody wants a testicle slipping between the lats of the seat
Oh I'd love it!
05-11-2009, 00:44   #50
The_Kew_Tour

Does anyone use Baby Oil in the Sauna?

Remember in gym when in Cork one day and we got know this guy quiet well. Anyway we were trying loose bit weight and he told us good way is get baby oil and put it all over body and you sweat lot more

We tried it inside sauna and for first 5 minutes myself and mate were looking at each other thinking this guy talking crap then all sudden the sweat coming off us was unreal we were like waterfall both us.

Works treat still do it especially after night on beer cant beat it I say.
Advertisement
05-11-2009, 01:00   #51
shoegirl

I guess it is an anglophonic thing. I noticed in a campsite showers in California that were all cubicles. I just thought that was a bit inefficient.

Mind you, my sister wasn't too comfortable at the all out stripping off at the Electric Picnic. And my mother was very uneasy at the communal (though single sex) changing rooms in a Turkish bath in Budapest. Did notice a bit of stripping off in the single sex baths there too.

I've been, however, to nude beaches in Spanish resorts and find it way more convenient to strip off entirely for communal showers - its just far handier to do what I always do. And I will happily chat away to whoever is beside me without feeling uncomfortable. Its just easier. The only reason I stopped the nude beach habit was because of sunburn. Saunas I think depends on what you've been doing beforehand, how much space there is, layouts, etc.

I had a membership to a Cork city hotel gym a couple of years back, and at one stage all these hot Eastern European strippers joined up and cavorted naked around the ladies changing area and showers. Didn't bother me but there were a fair few horrified looks from the older Irish women.
05-11-2009, 08:16   #52
Slugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoegirl View Post
I guess it is an anglophonic thing. I noticed in a campsite showers in California that were all cubicles. I just thought that was a bit inefficient.

Mind you, my sister wasn't too comfortable at the all out stripping off at the Electric Picnic. And my mother was very uneasy at the communal (though single sex) changing rooms in a Turkish bath in Budapest. Did notice a bit of stripping off in the single sex baths there too.

I've been, however, to nude beaches in Spanish resorts and find it way more convenient to strip off entirely for communal showers - its just far handier to do what I always do. And I will happily chat away to whoever is beside me without feeling uncomfortable. Its just easier. The only reason I stopped the nude beach habit was because of sunburn. Saunas I think depends on what you've been doing beforehand, how much space there is, layouts, etc.

I had a membership to a Cork city hotel gym a couple of years back, and at one stage all these hot Eastern European strippers joined up and cavorted naked around the ladies changing area and showers. Didn't bother me but there were a fair few horrified looks from the older Irish women.
Of course it would be, sure they're only just getting used to the idea of premarital sex .

The thing I find strange about this whole naked in the sauna business, is that the Irish as far as I'm aware are the only people that get apprehensive about it, every other country has no problem with it. Sure christ even in japan, people bathe naked together, and no one even turns a glance. Course in the gym I go to, the sauna and steam room are right next to the pool, so it's understandable why they'd want you to cover up, but I just wrap a towel around the waist.

Same as sitting on it.
05-11-2009, 09:03   #53
ynotdu
Closed Account

Lol it is hard to believe that this is still an issue in Ireland and some other Countries The Victorians would be proud of themselves.Their 'morality even extended to covering Table and chair legs with a cover of some kind! unbelieveable
05-11-2009, 09:47   #54
BraziliaNZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makikomi View Post
The vast majority of people using the suana in the men's changing room's in TotalFitness (Malahide Rd) do so naked, including me - no big deal really.

yeah i used to go naked there too. I used to go out with a German girl and she was really surprised people wear clothes in the saunas here, even the mixed ones are all naked in Deutschland AFAIK.
Advertisement
05-11-2009, 14:52   #55
sunnydelight

it's bad enough people seeing me hot & sweaty in the gym, but hot sweaty and naked in the suana

it be a case of i didnt recognise you with your clothes on
05-11-2009, 14:55   #56
Sleipnir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oryx View Post
I also think its cultural. Were Irish, we dont do nekkid. I blame it on the climate.
I blame the Grand Irish Bellies.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion