Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fun, Friendship...or Maybe More

• 27-06-2009 2:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭

These stupid late night ads with busty blonds pointing at you through the screen saying "call me for fun"..

Have any of you after hours' folk ever called one of these lines, even out of curiosity or just for kicks. What do they say on the other side?? Iv always wanted to know.

Also I used to work beside actually know a guy who used to pose as a woman on these lines. So have you guys ever called these ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

9/10 of their calls are made from phones left lying on the table in the pub while the owner is taking a leak.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

someone needs to sue them for fraud and get them and the psychics out of business.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

How'd he get away with posing as a woman?

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

javaboy wrote: »
    9/10 of their calls are made from phones left lying on the table in the pub while the owner is taking a leak.

Take it with you, Goddammit!!!

/how many times!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

You called them because of the chicks on an ad?! *even* if it was one of those that answered the phone... has it escaped your notice that they are rough as bears arses?

K-9 wrote: »
    How'd he get away with posing as a woman?

Scrap that, Sharpshooter has got away with it.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dylano_k

Actually another story i was told was about a guy who brought a bird back to his room in newcastle and while he went the jacks she rang her sex line company and left it off the hook, ran up a bill for 400 sterling and he was forced to pay for it..he did get his rock and roll tho;....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

I text a hotline called 'Gaytrix' and was given a default username ; Gary42 - still remember it years later ;)

Whatever happened, I started getting texts from a guy called Frank - They handed out my number to him!

A few of the girls and I just had a laugh, telling this Frank guy how "Gary42" liked walking on the beach, knitting and various other activities.

Frank got a bit over-friendly though - I received a message from him that'll be forever embedded in my brain ; "Come on baby, just come over! I'm wet, open and horny" :eek:

A group of teenage girls manage to successfully turn on a gay man, by discussing knitting!

I was too shocked to reply, decided I'd had enough Gay trix for one night ... then he called me! Basically repeated his text in his sultry man voice!

I hung up because I was in fits of laughter. He continued to call several times, I didn't pick up and text him soon after telling him everything ; confessing I was a woman, sorry for getting his hopes up etc.

The next day I get a message ; "Hi Gary, it's Frank! How are you?"

"Hi Frank, it's "Gary", I'm still a woman. Sorry!"
    :pac:

I've often wondered what became of dear Frank!...

Abigayle wrote: »
    You called them because of the chicks on an ad?! *even* if it was one of those that answered the phone... has it escaped your notice that they are rough as bears arses?

That is your pic? Yeah?

• Advertisement

dylano_k wrote: »
    Actually another story i was told was about a guy who brought a bird back to his room in newcastle and while he went the jacks she rang her sex line company and left it off the hook, ran up a bill for 400 sterling and he was forced to pay for it..he did get his rock and roll tho;....

That was a dear shag for a bit of scruff in fairness. Wouldnt have been yourself or anything.. would it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

That is your pic? Yeah?

Teh heh. yeah...

That was a dear shag for a bit of scruff in fairness. Wouldnt have been yourself or anything.. would it?

Abigayle hun, i wouldn be coming on here ashamed to say it was me, it is after hours after all. And iv never been to newcastle but if i do go...im having my phone disabled for outgoing calls :D

Teh heh. yeah...

The Torres one, just to clarify?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 804 ✭✭✭yerayeah

69 69 69... Naughty!!

The Torres one, just to clarify?

Sí, mi hombre. él es "El Niño"

Sí, mi hombre. Es "El Niño".

Sorry But this thread is not about homosexuals named fernando torres or any other span-pool athletes that like to perform homosexual deeds to eachother. Especially to their fat spanish waiter of a boss.

Sí, mi hombre. Es "El Niño".

FAIL, Torres doesn't refer to himself as "El Nino". Better stop on my I adore "Torres" lovefest, he'll turn me ghey. Fecking got married and only 4 people where there, didn't even tell me!

So then ROS, Howyadoing?

Lolz at Dylano!

Torres is a man in an age of prima donnas.

Sorry But this thread is not about homosexuals named fernando torres or any other span-pool athletes that like to perform homosexual deeds to eachother. Especially to their fat spanish waiter of a boss.

You are absolutely right, it isn't ;)

• Advertisement

You are absolutely right, it isn't ;)

Anyway, sidetracked there addressing blasphemy,

Howyadoing Ross?

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭khmk

"real girls are waiting to talk to you in your area now"

crock of ****e,

9 out of 10 times i end up just whacking off to the pre-recorded message of the sexy Meteor lady who tells you (rather sternly) that this number is forbidden.

don't get me wrong,

its better than nothing..

just needs some sexy background music imo.

khmk wrote: »
    "real girls are waiting to talk to you in your area now"

crock of ****e,

9 out of 10 times i end up just whacking off to the pre-recorded message of the sexy Meteor lady who tells you (rather sternly) that this number is forbidden.

don't get me wrong,

its better than nothing..

just needs some sexy background music imo.

I like it better when she repeats the numbers you call out when entering your credit 3261619816187156 oh yes !!!

I like it better when she repeats the numbers you call out when entering your credit 3261619816187156 oh yes !!!

Ach, thats an old one. You didn't fall for that ould number?

* coat is ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭khmk

:D

"Ok, we are now putting you through to one of our staff members..."

* - waits, lad-in-hand.....*

"Hello Steve speaking......."

*splurt....* "it doesn't count! it doesn't count!"

" I was thinking of Jet from Gladiators!"

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭AlkalineAcid

I text a hotline called 'Gaytrix' and was given a default username ; Gary42 - still remember it years later ;)

That was you!?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

The sideboob is impressive to be fair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

These stupid late night ads with busty blonds pointing at you through the screen saying "call me for fun"..

Have any of you after hours' folk ever called one of these lines, even out of curiosity or just for kicks. What do they say on the other side?? Iv always wanted to know.

Also I used to work beside actually know a guy who used to pose as a woman on these lines. So have you guys ever called these ?

WOT:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

There's big difference in those adverts if you travel around. On our channels, we have the 3 bimbos standing around gurning and playing with their phones, while doing this total horn wrecker of a stare at the camera.

In Germany however, the same type of advert usually features some angry bird in a leather catsuit smacking a whip off her hand, while the voiceover screams at you to dial FUNF FUNF FUNF FUN SIEBEN!!! (erotic sigh here). Not to mention same advert could be repeated 4 to 5 times in a row just to fill the ad break!

• Advertisement

RonMexico wrote: »
    WOT:confused:

Yes you read right, a man posing as a womans voice, apparantly they loved it. Proves the point that you never know what your talking to at the other end of the line...

Advertisement