Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

26-03-2009, 00:29   #46
D.Q

if himself makes a reappearance... that would really be fantastic
Advertisement
04-05-2009, 20:16   #47
Nulty

I missed all season 3 but I agree season 1 was awesome and it got worse and worse and worse and worse....

I picked it up again on Sky2 late night recaps and here I am, watching the titanic sink!

It's like a balloon thats been blown up for 1 minute and blows the air out in 3 seconds flat.

It's addictive though, and all the acting is really bad and the scenes are paper mached together.

I'll still watch it though
23-05-2009, 17:10   #48
Just_Magic

It was always going to be near impossible to match Season 1.
I thought Season 2 was very good. William Fichtner was a great addition.
Started to go down the toilet in Season 3. Too complicated imho.
Will watch it all though and hope there's a good ending.
06-06-2009, 16:48   #49
Handsome Bob
Closed Account

Unfortunately just looking at the premise of the show it was clear from the start that it would have a limited shelf life. Fox should have put everything into giving the audience a show that had two absolutely perfect seasons. Instead they were typically greedy and milked it for all it was worth to the point where the show went sour. It's a real shame it has come to this as I don't think I've ever been more gripped by a show than when I was watching Season 1.
06-06-2009, 20:35   #50
Mousey-

Quote:
Originally Posted by LZ5by5 View Post
Unfortunately just looking at the premise of the show it was clear from the start that it would have a limited shelf life. Fox should have put everything into giving the audience a show that had two absolutely perfect seasons. Instead they were typically greedy and milked it for all it was worth to the point where the show went sour. It's a real shame it has come to this as I don't think I've ever been more gripped by a show than when I was watching Season 1.

yeah i know what yor saying.... fox should be more like HBO (the most awsome thing ever).

HBO always puts everything into one series (or for how long the script takes to play out, it dosnt add more afterwars), band of brothers, generation kill etc...
Advertisement
06-06-2009, 20:45   #51
Handsome Bob
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousey- View Post
yeah i know what yor saying.... fox should be more like HBO (the most awsome thing ever).

HBO always puts everything into one series (or for how long the script takes to play out, it dosnt add more afterwars), band of brothers, generation kill etc...
HBO are everything that Fox should aspire to. Not only do they not overreact in the face of poor ratings but also as you said, their focus is more on the quality of the show moreso than beating a show down until it has lost its' edge. God I hate Fox.
06-06-2009, 23:06   #52
Sherifu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousey- View Post
I wish they'd make more of The Wire

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion