Superthread FC Barcelona Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - Page 3 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

08-02-2009, 14:53   #31
PHB

I didn't mean poor in terms of quality, I meant poor. A Madrid are the exception. The money the crap teams in the EPL can throw about is massive compared to the amount that La Liga teams can spend.

----

Van Persie would be wanted by every club in the world if he could show he can stay fit. Fantastic striker.
Advertisement
08-02-2009, 14:56   #32
anladmór
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quazzie2002 View Post
Great idea Redout. I'm really surprised that there aren't more Spanish football fans in Ireland considering you can travel to games in Spain for less than England.
sheep mentality.

anyway i think spanish premeira league has been poor this season and the title race is very boring. bundesliga is where its at this year.
08-02-2009, 14:58   #33
eZe^
Culé

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHB View Post
The money the crap teams in the EPL can throw about is massive compared to the amount that La Liga teams can spend
Agreed, they do get all the young South Americans though, the Garay's and Cacares' of this world are always likely to start off with the likes of Racing or Recreativo because it'd be easiest country to adapt to. So that's how they remain skilled teams. You only have to look at Athletic Bilbao though to see the difference between Spanish (or should I say Basques, before I get eaten ) players and English. How good would a midtable team fair in the EPL if it was solely made up of English players only?
08-02-2009, 14:59   #34
Frisbee

Quote:
Originally Posted by eZe^ View Post
Agreed, they do get all the young South Americans though, the Garay's and Cacares' of this world are always likely to start off with the likes of Racing or Recreativo because it'd be easiest country to adapt to. So that's how they remain skilled teams. You only have to look at Athletic Bilbao though to see the difference between Spanish (or should I say Basques, before I get eaten ) players and English. How good would a midtable team fair in the EPL if it was solely made up of English players only?
The whole work permit thing surely has an effect too
08-02-2009, 16:56   #35
dreamers75

Quote:
Originally Posted by eZe^ View Post

Would a team 5th from bottom have 50 million to spend on players at christmas thanks to tv monies? jaysus do barca have that?

Agree with PHB the tv deals in spain and italy are unfair to the lower teams, the EPL has the right idea "share the wealth".
Advertisement
08-02-2009, 17:22   #36
Call Me Jimmy

messi playing tonight? gf can go **** herself if he is...
Thanks from:
08-02-2009, 17:27   #37
redout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Call Me Jimmy View Post
messi playing tonight? gf can go **** herself if he is...
Mine supports Barca. Life's great aint it
08-02-2009, 17:28   #38
Call Me Jimmy

swapsies?
Thanks from:
08-02-2009, 17:34   #39
redout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Call Me Jimmy View Post
swapsies?
Can she cook ?
Advertisement
08-02-2009, 17:39   #40
eZe^
Culé

Last edited by eZe^; 08-02-2009 at 18:01.
08-02-2009, 17:56   #41
therecklessone
unbelievable tekkers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quazzie2002 View Post
Great idea Redout. I'm really surprised that there aren't more Spanish football fans in Ireland considering you can travel to games in Spain for less than England.
It's pretty hard to arrange trips to Spanish games as they don't confirm TV fixtures until a couple of weeks before, and it's impossible to do a day trip.

That said, I know loads of people who'd consider themselves followers of the league rather than of a specific team.
Thanks from:
08-02-2009, 18:31   #42
LuckyLloyd
The Voice of Reason

Match thread for this weekend's La Liga games is here.

I've moved a couple of posts there and deleted some off topic stuff here. TRO, give us a shout if you want to discuss the matter further. Cheers.
08-02-2009, 19:55   #43
redout

Kobe loves Barca !

Messi watch your back.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/story?id=3866767
08-02-2009, 22:26   #44
Mgoraf

Some transfer news....

Quote:
It has emerged that Barcelona rejected a bid for Martin Caceres from Olympiakos in the winter transfer window.
http://www.goal.com/en/news/1706/bar...rom-olympiakos

Quote:
Recent reports suggest that Barcelona are no longer interested in signing Karim Benzema from Olympique Lyonnais.
http://www.goal.com/en/news/1706/bar...benzema-report

Quote:
Barcelona have their scouts trained upon two rising stars who are making waves at the South American Under-20 Championships.

According to Mercafutbol, the first name on their radar is Nicolas Lodeiro. The Uruguayan, who descends from Galicia, is already a regular in the Nacional first team. He is said to posses good vision, an eye for goal and a good physical condition.

The other name is Brazil's Walter da Silva, who is a centre-forward from Internacional's youth team. He has already made some appearances for the seniors, where he is expected to shine this season. He is the leading scorer of the tournament, and has impressed many with his physical presence.
http://www.goal.com/en/news/1706/bar...alter-da-silva
09-02-2009, 02:01   #45
redout

Captain Carlos Puyol has pulled out of wednesday nights clash against England in Seville after suffering an injury against Sporting Gijon in tonights match which finished 3-0 to Barca.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion