How to change accounts for the Childrens Allowance - uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
Thread Tools Search this Thread
29-07-2008, 08:04   #1
Registered User
bigred's Avatar
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Pennsylvannia
Posts: 488
How to change accounts for the Childrens Allowance

Hi, I've done a search on here and see some people have moved, but how do you get your childrens allowance moved into a different account? Cant find anything on (surprise, surprise )
Our's is currently in some AIB rubbish account, and there's much better deals out there. We wont be touching the money, so access isnt really an issue.
bigred is offline  
30-07-2008, 22:46   #2
Registered User
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Cavan, Dublin, Cavan, Dublin, Cavan, Dublin...
Posts: 3,553
Simply call the welfare office and advised them of the new account number and sort code. It might take a few payments for it to switch over. They might ask for a bank statement of the new account or a letter from yourself stating what you would like done.
unclebill98 is offline  
Thanks from:
30-07-2008, 22:51   #3
Registered User
stepbar's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 5,917
..... or you could just setup a standing order to sweep out the account on the same day as the money comes in. Before you get hasty talk to AIB, they may have a better option for you. Perhaps you should be looking to invest the money from the childrens allowance long term in to a fund or something like that. Now's the time to take advantage of stock market prices etc.

Last edited by stepbar; 30-07-2008 at 22:56.
stepbar is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Remove Text Formatting

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Share Tweet