Late bus from Dublin to Galway? - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
09-06-2008, 11:55   #1
04517661
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 11
Late bus from Dublin to Galway?

Is there a bus you can get from Dublin to Galway After 12 (e.g 01:00AM)?

Thanks.
04517661 is offline  
Advertisement
09-06-2008, 13:09   #2
KC61
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 4,310
Unfortunately not.

Last buses ex-Dublin are:
2100 (Bus Éireann) - Busarus
2200 (Citylink) - Burgh Quay
2330 (Nestor) - Dublin Airport not serving Dublin city centre

First buses ex-Dublin are:
0700 (Bus Éireann) - Busarus
0700 (Citylink) - Burgh Quay
0630 (Nestor) - Dublin Airport not serving Dublin city centre
KC61 is offline  
09-06-2008, 13:22   #3
Victor
Moderator
 
Victor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Dublin
Posts: 65,081
I thought there were some middle of the night type departures from Galway. Hmmm.
Victor is offline  
09-06-2008, 13:44   #4
KC61
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 4,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor View Post
I thought there were some middle of the night type departures from Galway. Hmmm.
Indeed there are from Galway, but not to Galway!
KC61 is offline  
09-06-2008, 21:04   #5
GerardKeating
Registered User
 
GerardKeating's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Connemara
Posts: 4,501
Send a message via ICQ to GerardKeating Send a message via AIM to GerardKeating Send a message via MSN to GerardKeating Send a message via Yahoo to GerardKeating Send a message via Skype™ to GerardKeating
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04517661 View Post
Is there a bus you can get from Dublin to Galway After 12 (e.g 01:00AM)?

Thanks.
Nope, sometimes there are "specials" laid on for concerts and other events, so if you were attending such an event in Dublin, you might find there is a coach laid on, if so one of the record stores would have details.
GerardKeating is offline  
Advertisement
08-10-2009, 10:37   #6
cullenswood
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 925
Quote:
Originally Posted by GerardKeating View Post
Nope, sometimes there are "specials" laid on for concerts and other events, so if you were attending such an event in Dublin, you might find there is a coach laid on, if so one of the record stores would have details.
Anyone know any of therew running after the Italy game on Saturday?
cullenswood is offline  
08-10-2009, 11:08   #7
KC61
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 4,310
There is now a 2315 departure with Gobus from Georges Quay.

Irish Rail are running a special to Galway at 2315 also - this needs to be booked in advance.
KC61 is offline  
08-10-2009, 11:20   #8
cullenswood
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 925
Saw them alright. Was looking for a bus that would stop in Enfield on the way though! GoBus is non stop. Thanks anyway
cullenswood is offline  
08-10-2009, 14:17   #9
KC61
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 4,310
The regular 23:00 Route 115 (Bus Eireann) departure from Busaras serves Enfield.

http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1242378678-115.pdf

There's also the 23:15 route 66 (Dublin Bus) to Kilcock from Pearse Street and taxi then to Enfield.

Last edited by KC61; 08-10-2009 at 14:23.
KC61 is offline  
Advertisement
08-10-2009, 16:18   #10
cullenswood
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 925
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC61 View Post
The regular 23:00 Route 115 (Bus Eireann) departure from Busaras serves Enfield.

http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1242378678-115.pdf

There's also the 23:15 route 66 (Dublin Bus) to Kilcock from Pearse Street and taxi then to Enfield.
Nice one, thanks for that. I was hoping, (well there I hadn't much hope actually) that I could find something that could replace the discontinued Nightrider service to Enfield, that would allow me have a couple of later pints in town!
cullenswood is offline  
08-10-2009, 16:23   #11
KC61
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 4,310
Quote:
Originally Posted by cullenswood View Post
Nice one, thanks for that. I was hoping, (well there I hadn't much hope actually) that I could find something that could replace the discontinued Nightrider service to Enfield, that would allow me have a couple of later pints in town!
Dublin Bus Nitelink 67N to Maynooth (unfortunately via Celbridge) and then a taxi?

Departures from Westmoreland Street at 00:00, 02:00 and 04:00
KC61 is offline  
09-10-2009, 11:37   #12
dobsdave
Registered User
 
dobsdave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Just Celbridge
Posts: 1,462
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC61 View Post
Dublin Bus Nitelink 67N to Maynooth (unfortunately via Celbridge) and then a taxi?

Departures from Westmoreland Street at 00:00, 02:00 and 04:00
You mean the 67N to Celbridge, that kindly also serves the people of Maynooth afterwards.
dobsdave is offline  
09-10-2009, 12:24   #13
KC61
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 4,310
Indeed - no slur on the fine residents of Celbridge intended - just meant that it's a longer journey!
KC61 is offline  
Thanks from:
03-03-2010, 14:30   #14
Lenno87
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 10
Anyone know the last buses from dublin to athlone after 50cent concert on march 21st?? Thanks for any feedback.
Lenno87 is offline  
03-03-2010, 14:42   #15
JHMEG
Banned
 
JHMEG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: North Salt
Posts: 7,634
You might have to leave the concert early. Sunday night doesn't help things.
JHMEG is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet