Airsoft rifles for sale on Capel Street, Dublin - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  

24-04-2008, 09:53   #1
kevteljeur

Send a message via AIM to kevteljeur Send a message via MSN to kevteljeur Send a message via Yahoo to kevteljeur Send a message via Skype™ to kevteljeur
Airsoft rifles for sale on Capel Street, Dublin

I haven't seen it myself (not in that area much) but a friend of mine just sent me a photo of airsoft rifles on sale in a Polski Sklep on Capel Street, Dublin. Near the bridge, I believe. If anyone is in the area, can they confirm that, and if they are true AEGs or springers?
Advertisement
24-04-2008, 09:54   #2
kdouglas

Probably the usual overpriced junk to be honest. I wouldn't expect much more
24-04-2008, 10:25   #3
Fuzzytrooper

I was talking to a Polish friend and he says that airsoft gear in Poland is a lot cheaper. I'm thinking that if it's a Polish shop then they might be importing the stuff from Poland?
24-04-2008, 11:21   #4
zero19

Must be about 10,000 Polski Skleps in Ireland now, be more original polish people!
24-04-2008, 11:36   #5
weeder
Closed Account

dont people working in them refuse to server non polish people, ive heard such anyway
Advertisement
24-04-2008, 11:40   #6
kdouglas

Lads, please keep any polish/poland stereotype or rumours/hearsay out of this thread, thanks.
24-04-2008, 12:33   #7
Stercus Accidit

Considering all airsoft guns come from hk or japan anyway, I cant imagine polish airsoft is cheaper.

Feck it, we have it cheap enough anyway with clones, what do people want?
24-04-2008, 19:57   #8
senordingdong

They're probably just crappy spring yolks.
24-04-2008, 20:10   #9
Sod'o swords

Was walking by a shop near Christ cathedral(sorry i'm not that good with the auld names) and i saw a g36c being placed on the front window, not sure if it was a AEG or springer. Also no idea of the name of the shop.

Last edited by Sod'o swords; 25-04-2008 at 08:09.
Advertisement
24-04-2008, 23:19   #10
o1s1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sod'o swords View Post
Was walking by a shop near Christ cathedral(sorry i'm not that good with the auld names) and i saw a g36c being placed on the front window, not sure if it was a AEG or springer. Also no idea of the name of the shop.
Do you mean Christ Church? I'm up there every day, where abouts was it? Wouldn't mind checking it out.
24-04-2008, 23:26   #11
kevteljeur

Send a message via AIM to kevteljeur Send a message via MSN to kevteljeur Send a message via Yahoo to kevteljeur Send a message via Skype™ to kevteljeur
I'm wondering if seeing AEGs everywhere isn't just some sort of symptom of rabid obsession to a sport
24-04-2008, 23:35   #12
horgan_p
General Dogsbody

i'm more worried that its encouraging fools (scumbags) to buy them.
25-04-2008, 08:11   #13
Sod'o swords

Quote:
Originally Posted by o1s1n View Post
Do you mean Christ Church? I'm up there every day, where abouts was it? Wouldn't mind checking it out.
Sorry yeah Christ church. Eh now i'll only be able to give you the general area, i'll point it out to you on some form of map, you'll have to wait till this evening though.
25-04-2008, 13:40   #14
Spetzcong

Quote:
Originally Posted by horgan_p View Post
i'm more worried that its encouraging fools (scumbags) to buy them.
While I do share your concerns to a degree I don't think that just because a shop is in what some people may view as a dodgy area it means that it's going encourage scumbags to go out robbing grannies with airsoft rifles. Nearly all of the walk in airsoft shops in Dublin are in what snobbier observers might describe as less than salubrious areas i.e. Blanch, Bray, Cabra. I've not seen the shop in question, but I'd be less concerned about where it is than I would be about who is running it and whether their motivation is to make a quick buck off the legalisation of airsoft or whether they are genuinely interested in supplying decent airsoft equipment.

I would point out though that, in my opinion, the airsoft market in Dublin is already well supplied with retailers, and I would be quite skeptical of any new retailer opening who wasn't planning to bring something significantly new and different to the market.
25-04-2008, 15:03   #15
TheDoc

and i find the use of scumbags etc very snobby, how do you fine define one as such?

fair enough if you mean someone who is going to use the item for mis use, but hopefully not just because of location of birth etc or manner in which you speak.

i noticed eirsoft in cabra is located in a housing estate similar to which i used to hang around in, not everyone from these places is "scummers"

id be weiry of going to skirmishes and getting dirty looks because of the way i talk or because of what im wearing...

then again could work as a positive, might be afraid to shoot me incase if knock your block off

p.s i wouldnt
Thread Closed