Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

04-01-2008, 16:17   #1
Madame Razz
Closed Account

New tattoo place in Galway?

Hi all!

First post and first thread start!!

Just wondering if anybody knows anything about the new tattoo/piercing place in Prospect hill/Bohermore in Galway city?

Really hankering to get a tattoo(my first!) but have heard dodge things bout irish ink and from personal experience metalworks messed up a piercing of mine before, so i wouldn't be rushing back there in a hurry.

I'd prefer to travel if it meant that i'd ultimately get a better quality tattoo.

Thanks!
Advertisement
04-01-2008, 16:36   #2
Will
Closed Account

what style of tattoo are you looking for? tribal, old school, colour, fantasy etc
06-01-2008, 10:41   #3
Madame Razz
Closed Account

type of tattoo...

Would say tribal most likely, without colour I would say!
06-01-2008, 15:22   #4
Master-Decoy
Banned

i'll pics of my mums and sisters later on. probably the finest looking tats i've seen,and they were done in irish ink.mam has lily pads and a type of rare flower all over her shoulder to prepare for a koi sleeve. sister has a bio-mech chick and some stars on the inside of her forearm. he even took pics and photoshopped them with color and sent them on to her to give an idea of what it might look like! to be honest,i dont think there's any place in ireland that I haven't heard bad things about,everyone has an off day.Show them that your serious,be vocal about what it is you want and how well you want it finished off and you'll get the tat you pay for! ^^

there's a chap called vinny who opened up a store down by four star pizza and all that in galway,dont know what its called but its a new one so do some investigating!
07-01-2008, 21:15   #5
hairyfairy00

Send a message via Skype™ to hairyfairy00
The place Vinny opened is on Dominick Street ( near Galay taxis), it's called Tribal Tattoos. I got a koi done by him at the end of Nov and i'm really happy with it, he's a really nice guy, i'd go back to him to get more done.
Advertisement
08-01-2008, 09:47   #6
Poppy84

Hi,

I was only up in the place on prospect hill last week and I would definitly recommend it for both piercings and tattoos. The tattooist did my tattoo in his previous place of employment and I love it its excellent and he's very professional and hygenic.

As for the piercer brilliant. Got one done the other day and def going back for more, he is incredibly nice and friendly, very professional and unbelievably clean in there.

I would definitly recommend this place.

Just a warning have heard some very very dodgy things about MW piercings not going to be slanderous but just wanted to let you guys knows thats why I didnt go there.
08-01-2008, 19:30   #7
Master-Decoy
Banned

yeah MW is popular with the kids but to be honest i've never liked going there,not even for rings changes or anything.I had a scaffold done there and it was in a bad way for about a year like! The aftercare they give is rubbish and im pretty convinced that the main dude is coked out of it most of the time.If you can help it,head to metal morphosis in temple bar in dublin,look for the chap in there covered in sweet looking tattoos with the transdermal mohawk,his names barry,he may not seem very friendly but he's one of the best,if not THE best and most comforting piercer in all the land. Pure professional and he even smiles once in a while! elaine used to work in there too she was a total ledge,the place just oozes charisma if you ask me,never been worried about any piercing and never had any infection issues that weren't my own fault! ^^
08-01-2008, 19:32   #8
Will
Closed Account

alot of people would disagree with you Master-Decoy...
paddy did the transermals on his head, useless piece of info
08-01-2008, 20:31   #9
Master-Decoy
Banned

ah yeah,im not really into bookended statments my good man,i had great experiences there and im just sharing my personal opinion thats all!
Advertisement
09-01-2008, 10:09   #10
Crumble Froo

never as a customer, never actually been in mm, i dont think ,but ive talked to barry a few times in the last month, and he seemed nothing but friendly and encouraging. was showing me the new piece he was getting done on his chest, pretty sweet.
still, as far as piercers go, my loyalties lie with steve and mark.
15-01-2008, 02:02   #11
Morbid.Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master-Decoy View Post
im pretty convinced that the main dude is coked out of it most of the time.
You're not wrong there! ^^
Metal Works has gone to the dogs... Not that it was ever too hot mind you.

I've gotten piercings in the past in Metal Works (mainly because at the time they were the better of two evils) never again though. I've seen far too much shoddy work by them, plus last time I was in to get a CBR changed they couldn't even do that right and rammed in something that was far too big then weren't able to get it out again resulting in me leaving with a bleeding, bruised lip.. and that was just getting the flippin' jewellery changed!

I was excited when I saw the new place on Prospect Hill - however, the piercer in there is none other than Gordon from the aforementioned Metal Works, soooo.. don't think I'll be going in there anytime too soon for a piercing.

I have however heard good reports about the tattooist there.

It's great to see this and Tribal Tattoos down Dominck St, along with a new place in Doughishka - finally some competition!

I'm anxious to hear more feedback on the place in Prospect Hill though.
15-01-2008, 14:37   #12
Poppy84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morbid.Angel View Post
You're not wrong there! ^^
Metal Works has gone to the dogs... Not that it was ever too hot mind you.

I've gotten piercings in the past in Metal Works (mainly because at the time they were the better of two evils) never again though. I've seen far too much shoddy work by them, plus last time I was in to get a CBR changed they couldn't even do that right and rammed in something that was far too big then weren't able to get it out again resulting in me leaving with a bleeding, bruised lip.. and that was just getting the flippin' jewellery changed!

I was excited when I saw the new place on Prospect Hill - however, the piercer in there is none other than Gordon from the aforementioned Metal Works, soooo.. don't think I'll be going in there anytime too soon for a piercing.

I have however heard good reports about the tattooist there.

It's great to see this and Tribal Tattoos down Dominck St, along with a new place in Doughishka - finally some competition!

I'm anxious to hear more feedback on the place in Prospect Hill though.
ok i have to correct you on that statement the TATTOOIST is Gordon from metal works the piercer has never worked in Metal works i asked him. Was only in there last week gettin one done going back in a couple weeks for more. he is really good and really friendly and very professional i would highly recomend him.

As for Gordon the tattooist he did my tat when he worked in metal works again i must say he was very good and my tat is perfect i would recommend this place on prospect hill.
15-01-2008, 19:12   #13
The Queen

I got mine done yesterday by Gordon. He is one cool dude! Will put up pic soon...
16-01-2008, 11:42   #14
zewookie

I've had work done by Vinny in Tribe City, its unfinished and I will absolutely be going back to get it finished by him, and him alone. Great guy, great taste in music and great for chat (unless he's been working on your back for hours and is wrecked!). My girlie has also had work done by him, also unfinished, also going back. Irish ink is a good place, but theres only one guy there at the mo, so he's a bit under pressure. Metalworks is bolix, end of. The guys there are drug addicts and only care about getting your money and you out the door again. The new place in Prospect Hill is run by Gordon from Metalworks and Andy from Clown Town in Ennis (piercer). He ****ed my tongue up so I don't think I'll be giving them my money. As for the place in Doughiska...has anyone even been out there yet?
07-08-2008, 11:54   #15
pauly87

Got my eyebrow done in that new place in bohermore. he was very professional and clean. Seemed to have a thing against Metal Works but from what im reading here that is justified.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion