Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

27-12-2007, 13:36   #1
Oracle

Meteor offers Scheduled Automatic Top-up facility to Prepay customers.

At last, Meteor are offering a regular automatic top-up facility for prepay customers, by using Scheduled Top Up on their Top Up Direct service. I hope the other mobile operators follow their lead. This service has been available to mobile prepay customers in other countries for years.
Advertisement
27-12-2007, 13:41   #2
Creamy Goodness
Booooom, Blast & Ruin

i do this all the time with vodafone and AIB.
27-12-2007, 14:10   #3
skearon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
At last, Meteor are offering a regular automatic top-up facility for prepay customers, by using Scheduled Top Up on their Top Up Direct service. I hope the other mobile operators follow their lead. This service has been available to mobile prepay customers in other countries for years.
Scheduled Topup? Why not get a normal bill phone then rather than sticking with PAYG and paying higher call charges
27-12-2007, 14:26   #4
Stevek101

Quote:
Originally Posted by skearon View Post
Scheduled Topup? Why not get a normal bill phone then rather than sticking with PAYG and paying higher call charges
That isn't exactly true now is it?
27-12-2007, 14:42   #5
daveirl

Send a message via Skype™ to daveirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevek101 View Post
That isn't exactly true now is it?
Why? I don't see why you wouldn't switch to bill pay if that was what you were going to do.
Advertisement
27-12-2007, 14:57   #6
Oracle

Scheduled automatic top-up is different to Bill Pay, although it seems the same. Some of the differences are:

* Able to stop the facility and restart at any time, without notice.
* The full top-up amount goes towards call credit not phone rental.
* Able to change the top-up amount instantly without notice.
* No contract or commitment.

I wouldn't agree that Bill Pay is cheaper than PAYG if you factor in the monthly payment, and that's every month. Especially applies to Meteor where on the basic plan, Meteor Talk 60, you're paying 13c more per minute for your calls (33c/min vs. 20c/min), and committed to pay €20 every month for 12 months.
27-12-2007, 16:08   #7
Sully

Send a message via MSN to Sully Send a message via Skype™ to Sully
O2 have been doing this for some time..
27-12-2007, 16:32   #8
Sam Vimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by skearon View Post
i have 5c meteor calls on pre pay. If i was to sign up to meteor talk 60, my first 60 minutes would cost e20 instead of e3
27-12-2007, 17:24   #9
foggy_lad

this is offered in the uk by all networks and they also offer a far better range of phones at much cheaper prices so isn't it time irish networks stopped ripping off irish customers!!
Advertisement
28-12-2007, 10:38   #10
Walkman

Can't really see whay all the fuss is about.
So you can have your account automatically topped up big deal...
If you have your card details registered yuo can top up from the comfert of ....anywhere!!!
"Gift top up" Available on 3 since they launched 3 pay, if on bill dial 444 and it will ask you which number you want to top up, if on 3 pay just turn off your caller ID and the same applies.
29-12-2007, 13:07   #11
Solair
Closed Account

O2 have had credit/debit card top up since the Digifone days. You just register a credit/debit card and then you can just select an additional menu option which appears on 1741, pick the top up amount, and enter a PIN and your card's debited.

It's actually a whole lot more flexible than a scheduled top up as you're in control of how much and when you top up. The call's free, so you don't need credit to do it and the process is pretty much instantaneous.

Can't really see what the fuss about Meteor's system is ? It's hardly ground breaking, if anything it's >7 years late to the market!!

Vodafone's Credit Card top up system is a little more cumbersome (unless its been upgraded) but it's been offered for years too. You dial a number and enter the mobile number you wish to apply credit to, followed by your credit card number, exp date and CCV etc .. and the top up's processed.
29-12-2007, 13:21   #12
Sully

Send a message via MSN to Sully Send a message via Skype™ to Sully
Vodafone has nice credit features which id love. You can ask for an IOU where they give you like 2euro credit and you pay them back on your next topup.

Apparently they also brought in a feature to ask a fellow voda customers to borrow there credit!

Good thinking, but id prefer my cheap calls and texts so ill stick with o2 for now
29-12-2007, 19:54   #13
foggy_lad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sully View Post
Good thinking, but id prefer my cheap calls and texts so ill stick with o2 for now
When did o2 ever have cheap calls or texts?? they are just about the dearest for everything
29-12-2007, 20:01   #14
Oracle

Quote:
Originally Posted by foggy_lad View Post
When did o2 ever have cheap calls or texts?? they are just about the dearest for everything
Absolutely agree they're the most expensive and always were. They still have the cheek to charge for listening to your voicemail! The only good value offering from O2 are their free web texts can be sent to international mobile numbers.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion