How do you become an art therapist? - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

11-08-2007, 19:13   #1
Rubberbandits

Location: We do not occupy tangible space, some have argued that we exist in the form of a smell. It can be confirmed that one of us existed in the sound coming from a wasps wings during the summer of 2002.
How do you become an art therapist?

I am interested in becoming an art therapist but am having difficulty finding any info on the net about art therapy in Ireland? Does anyone know what courses are available. I already have a degree in Graphic design, which includes rather extensive art training.
Advertisement
13-08-2007, 00:01   #2
snorlax

i started a thread on this a little while ago. as far as i know CIT in cor do it and so do Queens in Belfast.
14-08-2007, 12:40   #3
Rubberbandits

Location: We do not occupy tangible space, some have argued that we exist in the form of a smell. It can be confirmed that one of us existed in the sound coming from a wasps wings during the summer of 2002.
What are the employment prospects like for art therapy? I heard the py is good but jobs are scarce.
15-08-2007, 17:33   #4
cathy01

no, Id say there is good jobs pros for art therapy.I know many who would use it,
Cathy
21-08-2007, 16:08   #5
Yellow belly
Closed Account

Crawford College of Art and Design (part of UCC) also offer Art therapy courses - I recently did their summer workshop and thought it was very useful...
Advertisement
04-10-2007, 00:35   #6
great unwashed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubberbandits
I am interested in becoming an art therapist but am having difficulty finding any info on the net about art therapy in Ireland? Does anyone know what courses are available. I already have a degree in Graphic design, which includes rather extensive art training.
Is it necessary to have a degree to do it do you know? or could i get away with a portfolio and a B.A. in philosphy?
29-12-2007, 00:52   #7
spinandscribble

Send a message via MSN to spinandscribble
in cork you need a degree in psychology with a good portfolio or a art degree. thats what a guidence coucillor told me but that was 3 years ago.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion