Russell Hobbs Kettle Recall - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

30-11-2007, 22:25   #1
bbability

Russell Hobbs Kettle Recall

Just in case you didn't see watchdog on BBC or hear Gerry Ryan this morning. There seems to be a fault with the Russell Hobbs kettle model 10789. It has a glass lid. Apparantley over 900 units were sold in the Republic but Russell Hobbs felt it didn't warrant a recall.

To ascertain if your 10789 model kettle is one of those affected by the recall:

Look at the oval label on base of kettle.
On that, there’s a four-digit number with a letter suffix.
Kettles which are part of the recall have numbers 0531M to 0621M, and aren’t marked with a green dot.
If the batch code on your kettle falls within these numbers but has a green dot, it’s been checked and modified, and doesn’t need to be returned.
Return it to your retailer where you purchased it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled-2.jpg (4.6 KB, 88 views)
Advertisement
03-12-2007, 14:35   #2
kim_eire

i got one of them as a present and its faulty, would you know where i could return it to??
03-12-2007, 14:45   #3
Guy:Incognito

I was listening to Gerry Ryan. Thought it was funny the way they kept saying about how it could be fall on a small child if you were lifting it over them. Might be just me but why would anyone lift any kettle of boiling water over a small child? Even without the fault making the handle come off, theres lots of things that could cause a kettle to fall.
03-12-2007, 16:55   #4
poisonedstream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stekelly View Post
I was listening to Gerry Ryan. Thought it was funny the way they kept saying about how it could be fall on a small child if you were lifting it over them. Might be just me but why would anyone lift any kettle of boiling water over a small child? Even without the fault making the handle come off, theres lots of things that could cause a kettle to fall.
That didn't make sense to me either. The child could tug at your clothes, startle you and get a face full of h2o. Not pleasant.
03-12-2007, 20:20   #5
Kahless

Quote:
Originally Posted by kim_eire View Post
i got one of them as a present and its faulty, would you know where i could return it to??
You return it to the shop where it was bought.
Advertisement
03-12-2007, 21:20   #6
dudara
Category Moderator

The National Consumer Agency has a feature about this on their website.

Quote:
Irish consumers who have a kettle from the affected batch are advised to contact Beaumark Limited at 3 Park West Industrial Park, Nangor Road, Dublin 12 or by phone on 01 620 5200.
Alternatively, consumers can contact Salton Europe directly at: Russell Hobbs, Salton Europe Limited, Failsworth, Manchester, M35 0HS or by email at service@saltoneurope.com
05-12-2007, 20:59   #7
anotherlostie

I had to return something to Russell Hobbs. Turns out their agent in Ireland is Beaumark who are in Park West. But do not deal with them directly; they are disastrous. Better to go to the shop where you bought it as advised above.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion