Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

14-12-2006, 21:36   #1
thebourke

Send a message via Skype™ to thebourke
record from tv to external hard drive

i recently bought an external hard drive which allows you to connect to the tv by scart connection and play avi,mpegs,mp3's....its the 320gb ATMT Mobile Media HDD advertised on the maplin website

the guy in the shop 'maplin' said it was possible to record from tv to this external hard drive..
how is this possible as it came with no recording software..or do i need to get some other software /card for this to work?
Advertisement
14-12-2006, 22:17   #2
8T8

It doesn't record TV it is just a media player (the Maplins guy probably didn't know what he was talking about).

The makers website can be found here and none of their models list recording TV as a feature.
14-12-2006, 22:25   #3
thebourke

Send a message via Skype™ to thebourke
cheers for the info...but what would you actually need to record froma tv onto external hartdrive or can it be done?
14-12-2006, 22:28   #4
8T8

Can it be done yes with a stock hard drive & other hardware but not off the top of my head as to what would be required better off asking in the Media Player & Recorder forum.
15-12-2006, 10:36   #5
jor el
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebourke
cheers for the info...but what would you actually need to record froma tv onto external hartdrive or can it be done?
I'd imagine the disk would need to be connected to a computer that has a TV tuner card in it. Other than that, there'd be no easy way of doing it.

The guy in Maplin most likely didn't know what he was talking about, or possibly just lied. He could also have been referring to using a PC with TV tuner though.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion