Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Kunlee - Should he stay or should he go ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

That's true, I don't know for sure, but there's certainly no way to prove that he's just using the family angle to try and stay in the country. He's hardly going to say yes, I only got that girl pregnant so I can stay here, is he?

Even if he did it in no way will guarantee he can stay here. In fact based on his criminal record he would more then likely be deported.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

marcsignal wrote:
    It's already been posted that, the whole girlfriend issue is completely up in the air, and he would have gotten her pregnant 9 months ago, as opposed to suddenly, as she just had the child last Thursday, i think (If it is 'Kunlees' child ?). I don't think anyone will truly ever know, so, one way or the other, all anyone can do is speculate, i suppose ?

I don't mean suddenly, as in he's just got her pregnant now, but rather that when they first deported him there was no mention of any girlfriend or anything, but since he's back he's got a girlfriend, and they've now got a little sprog.
    Hobbes wrote:
    Even if he did it in no way will guarantee he can stay here. In fact based on his criminal record he would more then likely be deported.

I never suggested it would guarantee it. It's just another angle to play for his staying here, the whole "Breaking up families" thing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

I'm sorry, I don't understand what you mean by the difference between "stories being lies" and "stories being massively out of date".

"stories being lies" meaing concocted waffle by the asylum seeker

"stories being massively out of date" meaning they're telling the truth only problem being that it usually happened on average 5 years prior to when they said it did
    Delboy05 wrote:

As far the '1st safe country'.......if the irish govt actually enforced this we'd have no problems with asylum in this country

they do enforce it thats what the Dublin Convention is all about, the charter flights going to nigeria etc are deportions but there's many other deportations where they're actually sent to the likes of UK or France etc under the Dublin Convention,

believe it or not there is a direct flight from nigeria to ireland that comes in once a month i think however on about 95% of most nigerian applications they always seemed to arrive via boat via dublin / rosslare port
    It's just another angle to play for his staying here, the whole "Breaking up families" thing.

doesn't matter anymore, same rule applies to irish born babies of non nationals, the kid can have their irish passport but if a deportation order is signed against the parent / s the parents can bring the child with them and obviously the child is free to return at any time when they're older

FX Meister wrote:
    raciste
    2 week ban

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Delboy05

miju wrote:
    they do enforce it thats what the Dublin Convention is all about, the charter flights going to nigeria etc are deportions but there's many other deportations where they're actually sent to the likes of UK or France etc under the Dublin Convention,

believe it or not there is a direct flight from nigeria to ireland that comes in once a month i think however on about 95% of most nigerian applications they always seemed to arrive via boat via dublin / rosslare port

I know the dublin convention is in place but I think you'll find it's not really enforced. Otherwise we'd have no asylum seekers at all from Nigeria.
    If they are coming from Dublin/Rosslare, that means they've originated in the UK or France, so under the Dublin convention they should all be sent straight back there, every last 1 of them. But for the best part of the last 10 years, 25-50% of all asylum application each year in Ireland have been nigerians.....so no Dublin convention properly in place here.

For the record, I think that the majority of nigerians in Ireland come across the border, especially since the ferry companies and the short hop airlines got the threat of fines put over them.
    People get an internal UK ferry/flight to Belfast where there are very little controls, and then either get the train to Dublin or a bus to newry and a taxi across the border. Word is that Newry taxi drivers have a right little earner going on.
    Plus, I cant remember the stat exactly, but a Dept Of Justice spokesman said a year or so ago, that the first time the Irish authorities become aware of 80% or so of asylum applicants is when they walk into the office in Dublin seeking same i.e. they were'nt picked up on any radar arriving in Ireland.
    (off topic, but I use this as a back up to an argument i've had with friends about the allegeged capabilities and power of of Al Quidea - i reckon if they were any way as fierce or threatening as they are made out to be, they'd be letting off bombs all over europe on a daily basis, as it's so easy to enter any country in the EU with whatever equipment/materials/people you want).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Macy

I don't mean suddenly, as in he's just got her pregnant now, but rather that when they first deported him there was no mention of any girlfriend or anything, but since he's back he's got a girlfriend, and they've now got a little sprog.
    God forbid he might actually meet someone in the meantime. This is pathetic - was he supposed to lock himself away when he got back, and take a vow of celebacy? To assume there's some other motive is racist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Heinrich

Macy wrote:
    God forbid he might actually meet someone in the meantime. This is pathetic - was he supposed to lock himself away when he got back, and take a vow of celebacy? To assume there's some other motive is racist.

Not actually being in a position to support this girl it might be deemed irresponsible to get her pregnant in the first place.

He could have gotten some condoms or is that a racist act?

The guy came here to get an education not to take up residence and avail of the various handouts. He broke the law and now he should be facing the consequences of his acts.

Macy wrote:

No, to assume there's some other motive is just to assume there's some other motive. Possibly, it could be considered cynical, but racist? No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

miju wrote:
    "stories being lies" meaing concocted waffle by the asylum seeker

"stories being massively out of date" meaning they're telling the truth only problem being that it usually happened on average 5 years prior to when they said it did
    Sorry, I still am not getting it. Are you suggesting that the stories are factually correct yet so out of date as to be meaningless (e.g. applicant would be detained and tortured by the government of Charles Taylor if they were to return to Liberia)?
    FX Meister wrote:
    raciste
    Is that a new hip insult that all he young liberals are using? Said in a French accent - by an attractive woman - it actually sounds like something you want to be called.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Delboy05

from todays Irish Times.....not bad going - 2 senior counsels on his side, 1 on the ministers, probably numerous junior counsels etc etc, judges, court time....another expensive day out for the irish taxpayer....

High Court blocks attempt to deport Nigerian student

The High Court has granted an injunction further restraining the deportation of student Olukunle (Kunle) Elukanlo (20).
    The student had been deported to his native Nigeria a year ago but, following a campaign, he was permitted to return to complete his Leaving Certificate.
    The injunction application was made by Cormac Ó Dúlacháin SC, for Mr Elukanlo, yesterday and was supported by Dervla Browne SC, for Mr Elukanlo's infant son, Adam, who was born last Thursday.

Mr Elukanlo, who has been living at Palmerstown, Co Dublin, is seeking to prevent his deportation on the grounds that he is the father of an Irish citizen born to an Irish mother.
    Ms Justice Elizabeth Dunne yesterday continued an order restraining the deportation of Mr Elukanlo. The deportation was scheduled for last Tuesday, following the Minister for Justice's rejection of a plea by Mr Elukanlo to be permitted to stay in Ireland.
    The judge continued the interim injunction until next Wednesday when she will deal with an application for leave to bring judicial review proceedings challenging deportation as well as an application for an injunction restraining deportation pending the outcome of the leave application.
    Mr Ó Dúlacháin, in seeking a short adjournment, said there were two matters which cut to the question of whether the court should grant an interlocutory injunction.
    Ms Browne, who appeared for baby Adam, said the child had left hospital last week with his mother. She said she needed time to talk to the mother. Brian O'Moore SC, for the Minister, said he was anxious to have the matter dealt with as soon as possible.
    The hearing was adjourned to Wednesday next.
    Mr Elukanlo was deported a year ago but was permitted to return to Ireland following a campaign organised by his fellow students at Palmerstown Community School.
    He is due to appear at Dún Laoghaire District Court on April 4th in relation to alleged road traffic offences. He was convicted of other road traffic offences before his original deportation last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

my mistake :) anyways, it's friday guys, im going out to get **** faced, ballroom of romance is on lower deck, and it's free !! 3 bands 21:30-00:30

ALL persons of whatever persuasion welcome 0-) we can argue with each other tmrw when we all have massive hangovers !!

the light at the end of the tunnell is a muzzle flash

careful now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 history_buff

dathi1 wrote:
    this guy is costing taxpayers a fortune in legal fees and subsidies. in my opinion) 99% want him out along with all the other fraudsters.
    What I want to know is how many "Kunles" (by that I mean, people with similar disrespect for the rule of law) are coming here unchecked from the EU accession states?

I know of one case down the country where an Estonian was jailed for SEVEN MONTHS having held a taxi driver at knifepoint. The guy had NINETEEN offences back home in Estonia. Surely to God a line has to be drawn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 history_buff

FX Meister wrote:
    raciste
    Headless chicken syndrome, eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭samb

won't somebody please think of the children;)

No seriously though. Unless he paid this woman to get pregnant or something crazy like that, I think he should be allowed stay. No child should be deprived of a father if it can be helped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭MrSinn

samb wrote:

No seriously though. Unless he paid this woman to get pregnant or something crazy like that, I think he should be allowed stay. No child should be deprived of a father if it can be helped.

I agree,his girlfriend should move to Africa with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

samb wrote:

ya let the the howya and the sprog move to africa with him if they are so determinted to stay a family, he obviously has enough money to support himself, a child, a car and 2 senior council, quit wasting ur money mate and build urself a mansion in nigeria!

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Out !!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Sorry, I still am not getting it. Are you suggesting that the stories are factually correct yet so out of date as to be meaningless (e.g. applicant would be detained and tortured by the government of Charles Taylor if they were to return to Liberia)?

exactly what i meant
    samb wrote:
    No seriously though. Unless he paid this woman to get pregnant or something crazy like that,

it's not that crazy, i had heard urban legends about this but didnt belive them until when i left and began work in a hotel my friend was offered €8,000 to become pregnant and I personally was offered €4,000 to marry someone until i told em where i used to work (expression on his face was funny actually)
    MrSinn wrote:
    I agree,his girlfriend should move to Africa with him.
    exactly, as i said earlier there's nothing stopping the child and parent moving to nigeria with him and they can obviously come and go as they please to ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

What I want to know is how many "Kunles" (by that I mean, people with similar disrespect for the rule of law) are coming here unchecked from the EU accession states?

I already created a thread in this forum that allows you to see the totals on a day to day basis.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭rkeane

Kunle the eternal chancer must go. If we were to allow a scumbag like him to remain in Ireland, you could say, why bother having laws and an immigration system at all. Any judge who rules in favour of him should be fired. Michael Mc Dowell should kick him out in the full glare of the media, it will be excellent to see the RAR cry at the news of his deportation. I certainly won't shed a tear, I'll be falling on the ground laughing.

I know of one case down the country where an Estonian was jailed for SEVEN MONTHS having held a taxi driver at knifepoint. The guy had NINETEEN offences back home in Estonia. Surely to God a line has to be drawn.

This is also a very valid question folks ?

rkeane wrote:
    Kunle the eternal chancer must go. Michael Mc Dowell should kick him out in the full glare of the media

i agree, we must send a clear message to 'chancers' that they are not welcome, i have no special love for mc dowell, but i appreciate he has a difficult job. RAR should earn the credibility they crave so much, by concentrating on 'genuine' cases, maybe then will they properly serve the people they claim to represent, instead of pissing it all away on this 'charlatan' who is ruining it for the genuinely deserving. It is they who will suffer as a result of his wanton masturbation of our legal system.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Does anybody remember when Kunle was on the late late show last year?? Pat asked him how he got here and he said he flew...Pat then proceeded to ask him how as there was no direct flights from Nigeria to Dublin. He said he flew via Amsterdam. Pat then asks but you claimed asylum here right? He says yes. Pat then points out that rules are that you must claim asylum in the first country of entry.....so why didnt you do that Kunle..? Cue 10 secs of silence....a tumbeleweed passes thru the studio and Pat moves onto the next question.

Say no more. The lingering memory is he shud have pushed him on it but it was obviously too controversial for the producer on the night :-(

Sizzler wrote:
    The lingering memory is he shud have pushed him on it but it was obviously too controversial for the producer on the night :-(

You do realise this is Pat Kenny we're talking about? I doubt he'd push anyone on anything.

LOL :-) I know...but he then saved himself by bollocking the regulator of premium rate services out of it live on his show a few mths ago...classic...but hey I digress.

Someone email micky mcdowell and tell him to get his finger out...Im sure theres a Q of ppl waiting to drive the guy to the airport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

It's very hard not to be cynical about the sudden appearance of the baby. He's the most high profile asylum seeker we've ever had and he's got good people advising him. Being allowed to stay last time so he could sit his leaving cert was a flimsy enough excuse IMHO. Being the father of a kid is just another means of staying in Ireland. If the baby is his (and who's to know), he didn't waste much time

Sizzler wrote:
    Say no more. The lingering memory is he shud have pushed him on it but it was obviously too controversial for the producer on the night :-(

that's the irish media for you, believe me when i enlighten you all, (and i have some insight into how much panic this is going to cause), there are producers 'cat fighting' with each other as we speak about how they are going to make this palatable for 'holy catholic ireland' to digest and keep their ratings, trust me when i tell you, they will run with the foxes and hunt with the hounds as much as they can.

'Person of the year 2005' ????

someone is going to have their hemorrhoids cured by the swift impact of a size 9 doc marten to the back door for that one :-)

and dont you just love a bit of 'schadenfreude' to get us back to reality ??

Does Kunle have to fill in the census form? Im sure hes well enough educated to tick a few boxes after flopping his leaving cert;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭nuttz

Sizzler wrote:
    Does Kunle have to fill in the census form? Im sure hes well enough educated to tick a few boxes after flopping his leaving cert;)

Maybe not!

This report from satireland.net states: “Olunkunle Elukanlo Spectacularly Fails Leaving Cert”

I was amused when I read the following:

” Off the record, teachers in the school expressed a distinct lack of surprise, with one noting that Olunkunle had virtually no English and another stating he also appeared "pretty thick".”

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement