Is it safe to have a large balance in your c/c account - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

25-01-2006, 17:17   #1
rubadub

Is it safe to have a large balance in your c/c account

Is it safe to have a large balance in your c/c account? or could it be wiped out. i.e. I have a few grand in the current account on which I used to get interest. I am still deciding where to put it (investment wise), but in my c/c account I get 2% interest. Is there any reason not to transfer it to there at the moment?
Advertisement
25-01-2006, 17:20   #2
gibo_ie

how about something like RaboDirect where you get 3.2% interest while you decide!! simple to set up and use.
25-01-2006, 18:04   #3
CCOVICH

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubadub
Is it safe to have a large balance in your c/c account? or could it be wiped out. i.e. I have a few grand in the current account on which I used to get interest. I am still deciding where to put it (investment wise), but in my c/c account I get 2% interest. Is there any reason not to transfer it to there at the moment?
AFAIK (may differ between card providers) you are not covered if there are fraudulent transactions on the account while it is in credit, i.e. you are liable and not the bank.
26-01-2006, 09:35   #4
rubadub

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibo_ie
how about something like RaboDirect where you get 3.2% interest while you decide!! simple to set up and use.
thanks, heard the name but never knew what they were
28-01-2006, 12:15   #5
CCOVICH

If you have over €1000 to put on deposit, Northern Rock pay 3.25%, slightly more than Rabo.
Advertisement
28-01-2006, 16:08   #6
Hitchhiker's Guide to...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCOVICH
AFAIK (may differ between card providers) you are not covered if there are fraudulent transactions on the account while it is in credit, i.e. you are liable and not the bank.
really - is this true? That's a disgrace if so...
11-02-2006, 08:54   #7
RainyDay

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubadub
Which credit card provider is paying interest on credit balances? Will you really have much of a credit balance? If you spend €1k per month on your card, will this come off your balance when calculating the interest?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion