Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Clamped by management company!

• 28-08-2015 10:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭

Thanks charlesland wood management company ..i come out early this morning to find my car clamped..thanks a bunch..I HAVE A PERMIT..but i had by mistake put my tax disk over it..has your night time employee no way of checking by using my reg? Before clamping ..would this be to much to ask? Perhaps its too dark at 4am ..anyway theres going to be a serious episode where somebody with and injured child or perhaps having a heart attack or going into labour will make for their car to find it clamped ..thanks charlesland wood management company i would have been a supporter but thats me finished with you lot.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Johnny K

I think the title of the thread is a little misleading. You were clamped for non display of a parking permit, which as you say was your mistake I can't see how this is corrupt. I understand it is terrible to come out and find your car clamped but it all happened in a system you knew about. BTW I have nothing to do with Charlesland wood.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Maudi

Johnny K wrote: »
    I think the title of the thread is a little misleading. You were clamped for non display of a parking permit, which as you say was your mistake I can't see how this is corrupt. I understand it is terrible to come out and find your car clamped but it all happened in a system you knew about. BTW I have nothing to do with Charlesland wood.
    Sorry jonny maybe you are right..id change it to extortion but dont seem to be able to edit it..maybe a mod could do it..thank for your imp put tho..also should have added the post was for wood residents and mng company

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Title changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭gaz wac

Maudi wrote: »
    Thanks charlesland wood management company ..i come out early this morning to find my car clamped..thanks a bunch..I HAVE A PERMIT..but i had by mistake put my tax disk over it..has your night time employee no way of checking by using my reg? Before clamping ..would this be to much to ask? Perhaps its too dark at 4am ..anyway theres going to be a serious episode where somebody with and injured child or perhaps having a heart attack or going into labour will make for their car to find it clamped ..thanks charlesland wood management company i would have been a supporter but thats me finished with you lot.

You should send this in a mail to Charlesland Wood Mang Company...maybe they will answer any questions you may have regarding the clamping?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Did you not pick the lock Maudi. Or use bolt cutters?

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Advertisement

Dont know about pucking it astro..would a big bolt cutters take the chain off?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,727 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Set the car on fire to destroy the clamp - that'll show 'em...

Ha thanks loyatemu?

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭stanley1980

I can understand your frustration and appreciate it was an easy mistake to make but I don't see how you can blame the management company/clampers for doing their job! From the clampers point of view they saw a car with no permit. It'd hardly be practical if they had to also check the reg of each car they came across it to decipher if it's registered or not!....that's what the sticker's for!

That said hopefully you won't be charged as you have a permit.

Have to disagree..although i have permit and mistakeingly covered it up..a secondary check of simply running my reg through their system would have confirmed i had permit..as stupid as having clamping in a estate is a secondary system isisint asking too much..i would have been a fan of mng company and supported them but not anymore..

• Advertisement

Sorry I'm not totally sure I follow your last post. You're saying you now don't support the management company (presumably you did up till yesterday?) because they didn't take enough elaborate and possibly costly measures to anticipate and rectify a mistake you made? Sounds a little churlish to me.

I for one am a big fan of the parking permit scheme. I thought it was pretty clever & effective way of ensuring people pay their fees to make sure the area is kept as well as it is currently. As they said at the time, it was a desperate measure brought in to tackle people who simply wouldn't pay their share.

You dont need to be sorry..your one the right track..you as a supporter wont ever see my point tho ..how would it be costly to run a reg number through a system just to check a number before you deprive someone of transport to work..deprive me of a days pay etc...1400 units in charles land x avg of 500e a year? Its an extortion x protection racket

protection racket? ahem.... seems we'll just have to agree to disagree. Best of luck.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

we have to pay for the permit and to register the cars registration number on the system why do they bother registering the number plate if they don't bother checking? i would imagine it would be very quick and easy to check the number plate.

If that was me i would have cut it off. why should you pay to have the clamp removed after proving you had a right to park there. there should be some flexibility, it would be simple to say oh yes you made a mistake there make sure you don't do it again, but i imagine the management company have no say over the clamping company they have employed. the reason clamping is in place to make sure owners pay their management fees - not to make money and penalise home owners for small mistakes.

for those of you who posted that the car should have been clamped - this is a private estate - the clampers are hired "by the residents" to make sure management fees are paid. if a resident who apparently employs the clampers in the first place makes a little mistake and then proves they have the right to park the the clamp should be removed with no fee. how can you disagree with this?

At last..a human being answer and not a reply like previous spa.mbots..

• Registered Users Posts: 22,230 ✭✭✭✭endacl

I think you should cut the bastard off. Simply because it was put on by a private clamping company.

But hey. That's just my 2c. Take it or leave it!

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭HappyDaze007

Think they take photos of the clamp on your car so as if/when people remove them they can be charged damage for the clamp..
    A cordless angle grinder are great for s job like this...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Cold War Kid

That happened to me before - in a place I worked in: my permit was hidden by a parking disc I'd forgotten to remove. They had no way of seeing I had a permit. Appeal it by providing the information that you have a permit. That might be enough. If it was a requirement that you had to have the permit on display, it could be another story though. Fingers crossed for you. Hope they'll understand it was just a mistake.

@Maudi. did you have to pay to have for the clamp to be removed?

P.S. I'm a human being- not a 'spam-bot'. I take it anyone else who doesn't agree with you is also sub-human?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭bido

<Mod snip: No illegal suggestions please>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Don't Chute!

Maudi wrote: »
    At last..a human being answer and not a reply like previous spa.mbots..

So all you were looking for was someone who just agrees with you?

Dont be so bloody pedantic..im looking for some one to say yes it is a bit rich to clamp a car that is registered and can be confirmed to be registered with a quick check..the permit can be seen even though the tax cert is over it...cant see your reply bido maybe you could pm me..

• Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Jimjay wrote: »
    we have to pay for the permit and to register the cars registration number on the system why do they bother registering the number plate if they don't bother checking? i would imagine it would be very quick and easy to check the number plate.

If that was me i would have cut it off. why should you pay to have the clamp removed after proving you had a right to park there. there should be some flexibility, it would be simple to say oh yes you made a mistake there make sure you don't do it again, but i imagine the management company have no say over the clamping company they have employed. the reason clamping is in place to make sure owners pay their management fees - not to make money and penalise home owners for small mistakes.

for those of you who posted that the car should have been clamped - this is a private estate - the clampers are hired "by the residents" to make sure management fees are paid. if a resident who apparently employs the clampers in the first place makes a little mistake and then proves they have the right to park the the clamp should be removed with no fee. how can you disagree with this?

Couldn't agree more.

No real need for the disks, just another money spinner and a way to catch people out like maudi.

Clamping in general is a complete scam.

LEIN wrote: »
    Couldn't agree more.

No real need for the disks, just another money spinner and a way to catch people out like maudi.

Clamping in general is a complete scam.

So what alternative suggestions do you have to ensure people pay their management fees?

So what alternative suggestions do you have to ensure people pay their management fees?

Education in what it means not to pay fees would be a great start?

Education in what it means not to pay fees would be a great start?

I don't follow you?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Cerco

How are they enforced for those who do not own cars?
    Clamping is a draconian method of forcing compliance.

I don't follow you?

Education is very straightforward? What are you not following?
    People believe if they ignore it, it will go away. A simple information leaflet to all owners explaining that the debt never goes away.
    Maybe a breakdown of what the money is used for?
    Very simple stuff that was probably not even thought of before pissing off the people who do pay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

Education is very straightforward? What are you not following?
    People believe if they ignore it, it will go away. A simple information leaflet to all owners explaining that the debt never goes away.
    Maybe a breakdown of what the money is used for?
    Very simple stuff that was probably not even thought of before pissing off the people who do pay.

In my experience people don't care about leaflets, they go in the bin.

For the best part you will only ever get people to react when they are hit in the wallet.

Also I would like to point out based on a location of Charelsland I would say 98% / 99% people own cars, so therefore clamping hits home with nearly all residents.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement