Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Can I get a vaporizer which will cut off after a number of puffs?

Options
  • 29-03-2015 7:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭

Alright, so, I'm looking to give up smoking, and I've noticed vaping is a very good method of giving up smoking at least, even if you're not really fighting the addiction, and of course costs a lot less, does a lot less damage and doesn't leave you smelling like an ashtray. My only real issue with vaping is I find myself chain smoking it, whereas with a cigarette, I'd have one and be done for a while, I'd be concerned I'd actually end up becoming more addicted to nicotine from using a vaporizer. Can I buy a vaporizer that will cut off or inform me after say 10-15 puffs? Of course, I could just turn it back on, but I think this would help me with smoking it too much. Does such a vape exist? I know I could obviously count it myself, but I think if the vape did that for me it would help a lot more.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Alright, so, I'm looking to give up smoking, and I've noticed vaping is a very good method of giving up smoking at least, even if you're not really fighting the addiction, and of course costs a lot less, does a lot less damage and doesn't leave you smelling like an ashtray. My only real issue with vaping is I find myself chain smoking it, whereas with a cigarette, I'd have one and be done for a while, I'd be concerned I'd actually end up becoming more addicted to nicotine from using a vaporizer. Can I buy a vaporizer that will cut off or inform me after say 10-15 puffs? Of course, I could just turn it back on, but I think this would help me with smoking it too much. Does such a vape exist? I know I could obviously count it myself, but I think if the vape did that for me it would help a lot more.

The only mod that I know of that will restrict you from vaping is an Joyetech Evic,you can configure it to turn off in minutes or hours,I am sure you will not want to turn on the Evic too many times,it takes 5 clicks to turn it on,you can customize it as you like,it is VV & VW.
    Here is a video showing some of the features https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYbzik7KG3I

If you were interested,I have 2 of these for sale,the video shows the firmware as V 1.2,I have V 1.3.

€20 each.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭pueblo

A possible workaround might be to buy a mod (the Vamo I think being one) that have puff counters.

This would allow you to set yourself a daily limit of puffs, for example 200, and so you would treat it like a pack of analog smokes, with a finite number of 'sessions', and just ration it throughout the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Most of them all have puff counters but they wont stop you from vaping,where as the Evic will shut down the system at a desired time,there is another mod like the Evic that will stop you from vaping,I just can't think of it at the moment,maybe another computerized PV.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Didihno

Yeah, the good old Evic, you can set your max puffs and it will shut off after the limit is reached.
    Personally, just go with what your body tells you.
    Vape until you you don't want to vape anymore. Four, five, six hits in a row and you'll hit your nic overdose, then you'll know how much to vape, set your limits yourself.
    Nic overdose will give you the spins, dizzyness and even nausea so its very noticable (to me anyway).
    I wouldn't worry about getting more addicted to nic, you see as your taste buds return you will soon find that the high nic juice you have now will taste terrible, and switching to a lower nic one fixes that. Unless you like the taste of nicotine, which I find pretty foul myself.
    Vaping in this fashion has seen me chasing flavour more and more, which has seen my nic go from 18mg to 12 to 6 and occasionally lower.
    I now know that more than a couple of hits of say 12nic juice will make me feel bad and I don't need a fancy gadget to tell me enough is enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭RIchieNouveau

I have a feeling that nicotine in vaping is less addictive than in smoking due to absorption and the potentiation effect of other chemicals in cigarettes. I don't have much science to go on but I've had a couple of experiences where I've forgotten to vape before going in to somewhere where I've then been unable to vape for another couple of hours and I've been fine. Previous to vaping I would have been rolling and smoking cigs whilst jogging uphill in a rush to get to work.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,812 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

The only mod that I know of that will restrict you from vaping is an Joyetech Evic,you can configure it to turn off in minutes or hours,I am sure you will not want to turn on the Evic too many times,it takes 5 clicks to turn it on,you can customize it as you like,it is VV & VW.
    Here is a video showing some of the features https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYbzik7KG3I

If you were interested,I have 2 of these for sale,the video shows the firmware as V 1.2,I have V 1.3.

€20 each.

Hi youdipstick. I would prefer if you stuck to the For Sale thread for offers/sales and linked to them rather than making offers outside of it. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

An addiction to nicotine isn't the worst thing in the world in comparison to everything else that smoking cigarette's involves.

I wouldn't worry about the counting side of things. Getting off cigarettes is the main thing. Worry about the counting afterwards.

Don't mean to sound harsh but you sound identical to a friend of mine not so long ago. He vapes now and admits freely his previous "concerns" were just him stalling.

What type of device did you find yourself chain vaping?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Trond wrote: »
    An addiction to nicotine isn't the worst thing in the world in comparison to everything else that smoking cigarette's involves.

I wouldn't worry about the counting side of things. Getting off cigarettes is the main thing. Worry about the counting afterwards.

Don't mean to sound harsh but you sound identical to a friend of mine not so long ago. He vapes now and admits freely his previous "concerns" were just him stalling.

What type of device did you find yourself chain vaping?

+1. Also, 18mg of nicotine costs the same as 6mg, so it doesnt cost any more to be more addicted to nicotine when vaping.

Advertisement