Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aviation Technology

• 21-12-2014 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I'm in my final school year and will be sitting the Leaving Cert., in June. As anyone who has sat the LC in the past years would know of the CAO form which has to be filled to direct you to your preferred course.

Anyway, like many other teens my age, I'm still not sure what course I'd like to pursue. I have been looking at Aviation Technology in DIT.

Could someone who has chose this course or who has experience in potential professions following this course please give me some information about them. Like, Work hours, pay, mathematics involved, how hard it is to actually get a job after, etc.
    Any information would be great!

Thank you

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,100 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

These are the sort of questions Open Days are for. Did you go to the DIT Open days at the start of the month?

Meanwhile, there's an old thread about the course here.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 alexio

Diarmuid97 wrote: »
    I'm in my final school year and will be sitting the Leaving Cert., in June. As anyone who has sat the LC in the past years would know of the CAO form which has to be filled to direct you to your preferred course.

Anyway, like many other teens my age, I'm still not sure what course I'd like to pursue. I have been looking at Aviation Technology in DIT.

Could someone who has chose this course or who has experience in potential professions following this course please give me some information about them. Like, Work hours, pay, mathematics involved, how hard it is to actually get a job after, etc.
    Any information would be great!

Thank you

Hi Diarmuid97

I am in my 2nd year of this course and so far I been enjoying it very much! If you read previous threads on this topic, well they covered pretty much everything. First year is a bit more intense in lecturing hours and gradually getting lesser every year. In my opinion aviation industry is an exciting and rewarding industry to be, that evolves very rapidly. Check the course FB Page.

DIT have also establish an Aeronautical Society which are involved with many activities regarding aviation. You can find them on FB too

The Maths is super easy, it's way much easier than leaving cert and you only do it in the first semester of 1st year. This year the first batch of this course have graduated and almost all of them have got a job in the industry in technical/engineering/flight operations/fleet management roles.

I hope you find your desired course!

Advertisement