Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

zombie advantages in apocalypse

• 19-12-2014 8:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭

Found this list of 7 reasons why a zombie apocalypse would fail. As humans we would seem to have a lot of advantages against zombies.

Some advantages that I can think of for zombies is that there would be so many of them.

Also it would be humans reaction to one another in the event of a zombie outbreak that would make us more vulnerable. We would probably turn against each other.

And we have weaknesses in that we would try to look after our young children, old folk etc so that would slow us down.

The fact that we need supplies and we are not used to living in conditions without electricity, running water etc.

Anyone think of any other advantages the zombies have against us?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Saralee4

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

If the disease is only spread by zombie bites, and the victim turns into a zombie shortly thereafter as it is in most films. Then the zombie disease wouldn't get too far.

But if it acted more like a real disease and had more realistic incubation and symptom rates it would be much more effective. If it took days to show symptoms and a very infectious sick stage where any bodily fluid would be infectious it could spread very far and wide.

If the disease just encouraged it's host to want contact with other humans while it was very infectious and oozing fluids (coughing, sneezing, vomiting) it wouldn't have to depend on the pathetic bite force of a human to do the job of spreading the disease. You could have zombies that pleaded for help rather than outright aggression.

A zombie that is highly infectious would be difficult to deal with even as a slow moving zombie. It's blood would be infectious making short range weapon use dangerous from the point of view of blood splatter, just hitting a zombie could get you infected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Saralee4

ScumLord wrote: »
    If the disease is only spread by zombie bites, and the victim turns into a zombie shortly thereafter as it is in most films. Then the zombie disease wouldn't get too far.

But if it acted more like a real disease and had more realistic incubation and symptom rates it would be much more effective. If it took days to show symptoms and a very infectious sick stage where any bodily fluid would be infectious it could spread very far and wide.

If the disease just encouraged it's host to want contact with other humans while it was very infectious and oozing fluids (coughing, sneezing, vomiting) it wouldn't have to depend on the pathetic bite force of a human to do the job of spreading the disease. You could have zombies that pleaded for help rather than outright aggression.

A zombie that is highly infectious would be difficult to deal with even as a slow moving zombie. It's blood would be infectious making short range weapon use dangerous from the point of view of blood splatter, just hitting a zombie could get you infected.

Yea that's true, kind of like ebola where if you are in any kind of contact with bodily fluids you are at high risk so killing them would be difficult without having that kind of contact. Wasn't it 28 days later where the blood drops in Brendan gleesons eye. I actually don't like how in the walking dead where they cover them self's in zombie crap and they are invisible. I just don't buy it. And if that worked that well you would be using it all the time. If you had an open wound and some of the flesh got near it I would think that would be the same as a bite no?

The way in The Walking Dead where every one has the virus I think is good also. I wouldn't trust sleeping in a room with someone in case they died in their sleep. If I was in the prison I would have demanded my own cell and locked it every night.

Advertisement