Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Are CV boots the same on each end of the joint?

• 11-04-2011 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭

The replacement joint I have to replace has a boot that looks like its not got much life left in it, so I was thinking I could take the boot off the inner part of the old joint and replace it with the outer boot of the new joint?! Does this make sense?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Well you have me confused...

The inner CV joint will be different to the outer one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

If you're going to the trouble of swapping them which I think is not possible why not replace both.

They won't be the same, the inner may well fit as the outer and vice versa but as mentioned by aujopimur why bother, CV boots are quite cheap, also they perish so reusing old ones that are still intact is not good practice at all. Also I doubt the inner will fit as an outer as one side of it probably is not wide enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭pARTner81

Yeah I think I'll just replace the boot. I suppose there are some things you cant scrimp on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

pARTner81 wrote: »
    Yeah I think I'll just replace the boot. I suppose there are some things you cant scrimp on!

Especially not when they are less then a tenner...

• Advertisement
Advertisement