Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nail polish thread :) *Do Not Quote Pics!*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭giddybootz

Which pink and green Rimmel one's are in the middle? They look gorgeous.

The green one is 'Green Grass' and the other is actually pillar box red. However it does look pink in the photo and you reminded me that one of my favourite nail varnish wasn't in that photo coz it's in my bag! It is a 17 Fast Finish Nail Polish from boots in 'Caribbean Coral' and it looks like the red does in the photo!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 dillane11

Can anyone advise on the Katy Perry OPI Black Shatter.. im thinking of getting it but does it look as good as the pictures or is it a disaster???

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭lil-ms-vodka

giddybootz wrote: »
    The green one is 'Green Grass' and the other is actually pillar box red. However it does look pink in the photo and you reminded me that one of my favourite nail varnish wasn't in that photo coz it's in my bag! It is a 17 Fast Finish Nail Polish from boots in 'Caribbean Coral' and it looks like the red does in the photo!!

Love 17, Caribbean Coral.... Do you use a topcoat with it find it chips very easily on me :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Sugarbomb wrote: »
    1506%20ROLLOVERa.jpgChampagne

I absolutely loved Champagne :D:D

253446_10150206695437259_833992258_6977741_5221381_n.jpg

249499_10150206695722259_833992258_6977746_3714334_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

dillane11 wrote: »
    Can anyone advise on the Katy Perry OPI Black Shatter.. im thinking of getting it but does it look as good as the pictures or is it a disaster???

I love it & find it really easy to apply but like any of the shatter / crackle top coats it only really shows up well if you use it over a colour that isn't too close to it's colour (use a bright or pale or glittery varnish underneath)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

dillane11 wrote: »

OPI is expensive so unless you're going to wear it a lot I would recommend going with one of the cheaper brands like Barry M or Boots 17. The end result is the same but for less!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 dillane11

Thanks for the advise :) yeh i might try the cheaper versions first to see if i like it :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

What happens when Princess Peach gets bored.

162662.jpg

Very creative :D Love it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭giddybootz

Love 17, Caribbean Coral.... Do you use a topcoat with it find it chips very easily on me :(

Everything chips on me!! I use it under a black graffiti polish so it lasts longer and they look really good together!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

A top coat is good to help stop polish chipping.

I use the BarryM one and find it to be better than my Sally Hansen one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Nails Inc - Brompton Place
    5833408727_ff256e804e_m.jpg

Then with Barry M Effects in Black on top
    5833963078_d5f710b2e4_m.jpg

Just won these on eBay, can't wait to get them :D

Nails Inc Malibu Mojito

kgrhquokpye25ykckezbn33.jpg

Nails Inc Malibu MaliBlush

kgrhqfk8e3gl9s5obn4ikmk.jpg

Huh! I need those! Bobbin are the seller selling anymore?

Asphyxia wrote: »
    Huh! I need those! Bobbin are the seller selling anymore?
    I think so, I'll PM you now hun. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

Oh penny's is selling shatter effect polish in the mary street store.....2e a pop I couldn't find black yo try out but they have blue red and white....teeny little bottle too...might get one to try out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

Nails Inc - Brompton Place
    5833408727_ff256e804e_m.jpg

Then with Barry M Effects in Black on top
    5833963078_d5f710b2e4_m.jpg

Ok I am freaked out now - I did that the other night using the EXACT same two polishes!! Great minds must think alike :D although yours turned out way better than mine did!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

Ladies has anyone bought the opi cirque de femme collection? Been eyeing up the mini polishes on asos.com and am tempted!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

Ok I am freaked out now - I did that the other night using the EXACT same two polishes!! Great minds must think alike :D although yours turned out way better than mine did!

That is gorgeous!!!!

Just bought these on eBay. :D

I'm broke now :(

OPI - That's Berry Daring

berrydaring+013+copy.jpg

OPI - Vodka and Caviar

1218305.JPG

China Glaze - Vintage Vixen First Class Ticket

80509%201.jpg

China Glaze - It's Poppin'

china-glaze-fly-kicks-summer-2009.jpg

Colour Club - Gimme A Grape Big Kiss

CC_FN6GimmeAGrapeBigKiss.jpg

Eyeko Coral Polish for Resort Nails

eyeko-coral-polish.jpg

IsaDora - Graffiti Nail Top - 805 Spraycan Blue

Essence - 37 Most Wanted

Don't mind the nails I was trying something out! I got two packets free today in my local chemist :D I'm going to file them down nicely in a few minutes :)

254888_10150220259192259_833992258_7111763_2780617_n.jpg

Love they way these colours work together! I adore the graffiti nail look :D:D

• Advertisement

Essence, Hypnotic Poison

One of my favourites :)

Essence, Hypnotic Poison

One of my favourites :)

Your nails are beautiful, I'm jealous at how pretty they're shaped :D

Your nails are beautiful, I'm jealous at how pretty they're shaped :D
    +1.

Mine a horrid shape at the minute, two of them broke on me, so now they are different lengths :(

I hate filing them though cos I'm useless at it and I haven't the patience for it, I always get mam to do mine cause she likes filing nails lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I love this thread! I can't go without nail varnish. For about 4 years straight I wore gel nails and only stopped wearing them about 9 months ago because I started doing a makeup course, and my nails are still in crap condition, therefore I cover them up in nail varnish!

I have loads of Rimmel ones because they're easy to apply, they've a good selection and they're cheap, however I find the actual bottles don't last very long, they dry out and I've never had a bottle last more than halfway down.

Recently I've started buying Revlon and IsaDora and find them both great for lasting.

This is my current favourite, Baby Blue by IsaDora (sorry for bad quality)

8b44b.jpg

Does anyone have any good suggestions on how to strengthen my nails? Because they're so weak, I can't wear them long and nail varnish chips quite quickly :(

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Sugarbomb

4760977985_38159fd334.jpgRimmel Posh Trash

+1.

Mine a horrid shape at the minute, two of them broke on me, so now they are different lengths :(

I hate filing them though cos I'm useless at it and I haven't the patience for it, I always get mam to do mine cause she likes filing nails lol.

Thanks girls :) have nails like concrete most of the time, pain to file end up in a cloud of white dust :D

@ ibarelycare, find the same with all my Rimmel polishes. Best thing is to get a bottle of OPI nail lacquer thinner (Ebay) i bought a bottle about 6 yrs ago and still have about 1/4 left, couple of drops makes the polish like new :D

I love this thread! I can't go without nail varnish. For about 4 years straight I wore gel nails and only stopped wearing them about 9 months ago because I started doing a makeup course, and my nails are still in crap condition, therefore I cover them up in nail varnish!

I have loads of Rimmel ones because they're easy to apply, they've a good selection and they're cheap, however I find the actual bottles don't last very long, they dry out and I've never had a bottle last more than halfway down.

Recently I've started buying Revlon and IsaDora and find them both great for lasting.

This is my current favourite, Baby Blue by IsaDora (sorry for bad quality)

8b44b.jpg

Does anyone have any good suggestions on how to strengthen my nails? Because they're so weak, I can't wear them long and nail varnish chips quite quickly :(

Sally Hansen diamond nail strengthener is great.

Loving the IsaDora polish by the way :D Nails look pretty!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Mine are the exact same and always break at work! Have to keep them very short. But I take Boots hair and nail vitamins, they are about €7 I think and always on 3 for the price of 2. Use a nail strengthening hand cream too. They do work, I just always forget to take/ use them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

@ ibarelycare, find the same with all my Rimmel polishes. Best thing is to get a bottle of OPI nail lacquer thinner (Ebay) i bought a bottle about 6 yrs ago and still have about 1/4 left, couple of drops makes the polish like new :D
    Sally Hansen diamond nail strengthener is great.

Loving the IsaDora polish by the way :D Nails look pretty!
    Mine are the exact same and always break at work! Have to keep them very short. But I take Boots hair and nail vitamins, they are about €7 I think and always on 3 for the price of 2. Use a nail strengthening hand cream too. They do work, I just always forget to take/ use them.

Thanks for the advice folks :)

Advertisement