Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best clubs/pubs for paddys day?!

• 12-03-2012 7:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭

What are the best pubs/clubs this Paddys day ( I don't literally mean in the daytime though, anytime after 9 for a pub!) Thanks :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Coppers.

Actually, that joke is wearing very thin.

Everywhere is going to be packed to be honest so depends what you're level of patience is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭CWF

The Village.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭cson

The Village was quite good the last time I was in there, bit scrum-ish up at the bar but not disasterous. €10 in and €3 bottles/pints which is cracking value for a Saturday.

Anywhere doing reasonable entry/drinks for Paddys Day or should I just resign myself to €15/20 in and €5 pints?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

They'll all be jam packed and full of drunken idiots by 8pm so they're all pretty much the same no matter where you go!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Clearl

The village, whats that like? What's the age group there like? I've never been...thanks :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Avoid The Village like the plague :mad:, used to be a great spot good music good crowd etc but having not been in a while went there recently its now the equivlant of Q Bar or 21,s and the bouncers seemed to have no limits on the amount of people they let in place was a joke. Had more drink knocked over me than I got down my neck and not one person apologising for it.

Ive heard they changed there market since the workmans club opened.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Hell on earth- Dublin clubs on Paddy's day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Mokujil

I went to Dublin for a year, and paddy's day was not the best day/night I spent in Dublin ! Like WoollyRedHat said, it's "Hell on earth" :p
    I bet you can have fun at Turk's head on Parliament Street (temple bar), good music, nice people.

That might actually be worth checking out actually... re temple bar generally, stay clear of it in general, especially Fitzsimmons if you'd actually like to end the end the day with a little bit of money left...

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭spence101

Presidents of the United States of America are playing Vicar St, 25 blips.

I'm gonna have a fantastic Paddys Day!

other then that, the pubs on dame st were good craic last year as far as I remember, sweeneys, mercantile, sibin, bankers etc. few bands doing the rounds so it was good fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

spence101 wrote: »
    other then that, the pubs on dame st were good craic last year as far as I remember, sweeneys, mercantile, sibin, bankers etc. few bands doing the rounds so it was good fun.

+1 on this does be a great atmosphere amongst these pubs on paddys day, and if the weathers good dame lane itself does have a great atmosphere with everyone drinking on the street going from pub to pub etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭DoesNotCompute

Everywhere's gonna be jammers. I'd say a six pack of Dutch Gold and head down the local park with the skangers and the teenagers. :-)

Anyone know if Trinity will be open on Saturday?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

Only if you have a Trinity ID,was hoping the pav would be open last year,but security were only letting trinity residents in through the main gates.

Only if you have a Trinity ID,was hoping the pav would be open last year,but security were only letting trinity residents in through the main gates.

Ah well, cheers

Edit: Views, 666 :O Like I said, hell on earth

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭HOS 1997

Have friends over from Glasgow, they are looking to hear Irish folk type music tonight. I suggested pubs in Christchurch and Temple Bar but they are wedged (I know it's Paddy's Day). Is there anywhere else in the city they could go that would be less busy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Anyone any suggestions of a good place to litsen to some decent trad music this evening?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

So, where'd ye all end up for paddys day? I was down the country so I missed out.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Mokujil

@panda100 You can try "The Auld Dubliner" on fleet street and in front of it "Oliver st. John Gogarty" (irish music and irish dance upstairs from 10pm if i remember well).

Advertisement