Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Telsey Router - Magnet

• 30-09-2008 7:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I've just got 10meg magnet, but I'm looking to change the SSID and the password. Is there some easy configuration to get into the router?

eg: With a DLink router, its 192.168.0.1, username: admin. password: <blank>

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 24,950 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    Hi all, I've just got 10meg magnet, but I'm looking to change the SSID and the password. Is there some easy configuration to get into the router?

I've had a look at one of these, and there's seems to be almost nothing you can change on them, they're completely locked down, and closer to a modem with extras rather than a full router.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Voodoo2

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »

Do an IPCONFIG in the command line and your will get your default getway which will be the router open it in your webbrowser as you would with the dlink, then do some Google work on default passwords

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Voodoo2 wrote: »
    Do an IPCONFIG in the command line and your will get your default getway which will be the router open it in your webbrowser as you would with the dlink, then do some Google work on default passwords

Cheers man, good suggestion, but when I get the default gateway i.p, I can't do anything with it. No page displays in the browser, tried mapping to it by doing a start->run, no joy there either :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Magnet most likely do what Smart do to their modems, neuter them to within an inch of their life so as to cut down on the PEBTAC errors. Have been questioning Smart continuously about this.

MC

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭rowanh

Hi, just got a 24mb magnet line, running at 1.5mb though, was going to try and have a look at hte router configuration to see if something could some how be slowing it down but seems you cant? Anyone know of a way to access the settings also anyone know what settings i need to change other than putting a user name and password in if i was to use another router?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Antiprophet

192.168.2.1 is the router page, but i cant find the fecking login anywhere, any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Pixel8

You just need to plug the Telsey box into a wireless router through the WAN or Internet Connection port on your router, not the LAN connection.

Then when you connect to and access your router admin page in the normal way, usually 192.168.2.1 in a browser, you can see it says "connected". It picks up the internet connection as if it was a modem plugged into a router. You do need the router though, cant access the magnet box directly at all.

Once you have your router and magnet box working together (which doesnt even require a username or password, just plug it into your router), you can then hook up ethernet hard drives and NAS or DAS boxes to the router and access them normally through your router IP instead of the magnet IP which is something like 87.198.58.*

Make sure you connect to your router and not the magnet box when searching for networks wirelessly and in some cases you might need to remove the magnet preset from the preferred list so it automatically connects to your spare router instead of the magnet box.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭.Ger

Hi

I have a tesley ( Magnet router) And i need to give my pc a static address . magnet wont allow me to logon to it so i borrowed a netopia router and wondering does anybody know how i can configure it with the telsey router..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 otoolepw

Hi Ger

Did you figure this out? If so would you mind posting?

Thanks

Paul

.Ger wrote: »
    Hi

I have a tesley ( Magnet router) And i need to give my pc a static address . magnet wont allow me to logon to it so i borrowed a netopia router and wondering does anybody know how i can configure it with the telsey router..

• Company Representative Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Magnet: Rory

otoolepw wrote: »
    Hi Ger

Thanks

Paul

Just saw this now (tbh i thought the wireless area was just for wireless bb). Does anyone need anything escalated?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭lukejr

Same issue here. I have Magnet, works great but would like to change the SSID and Password, any suggestions. Normally you just enter the Default Gateway into browser and bob's your uncle. But can't seem to get it up.

Great speeds by the way Magnet.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Magnet: Rory

lukejr wrote: »
    Same issue here. I have Magnet, works great but would like to change the SSID and Password, any suggestions. Normally you just enter the Default Gateway into browser and bob's your uncle. But can't seem to get it up.

Great speeds by the way Magnet.

The routers are set up as plug and play so any modifications need to be done with the assistance of technical support.

If you like you can PM me your details and I can get the guys to call you.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭.Ger

otoolepw wrote: »
    Hi Ger

Thanks

Paul

you prob don’t need this info now but anyway, what I did was connected the netopia Router to the magnet disable the DSL port on the netopia and connected them together by using the crossover cable, then configured the netopia with the dns of the magnet box and used the dhcp on the netopia to give my pc a static address if you want more help pm me

sorry for delay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Dragonlord

Hi,
    I recently signed up to magnet and have to say it's great.
    I am having a problem trying to stream to ps3, archos etc
    I am getting upnp not available error on ps3
    as the telsey seems toene locked down and only o modem I can't port forward
    I rang magnet who basically said there is nothing I can do
    I have a dlink wireless router at home and someone said can plug this into the telsey
    I tried it and it's failing to get an ip address
    I assume I need to enter some settings to the dlink via config page
    could someone help me out as I haven't a clue what to enter where?
    Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Dragonlord

update.Very strange, I got it to work last night?I could see the Tversity network and view movies etc but it dropped after 1 minute and I can't get it back.Will try it again when I get home, might have a mess around with the linksys settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 andreibodea

Hi,
    My Name is -snip-. My Magnet Account No. is -snip-.
    I want to use my internet trough another ADSL2+ Wireless Router. The router I want to use is a Linksys WAG160N from Cisco. Now when I tried to configure it I've been asked the following questions:

1. Enter your DSL Settings: VPI: (0-255) ______________
    VCI: (0-65535) ______________
    Multiplexing (VC/LLC) ______________

2. Username _______________
    Password _______________

I was told that I have to contact my internet provider to get these questions answered at. Can you please provide me the answers of the above questions?
    Thank you in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭rampantglory

i found this
    magnet have been smart and pasted an incorrect model number on the back but i did an image search found the correct model num then got this
    USE AT UR OWN RISK
    near the end it explains how to get in to the router

http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/telsey/cpa-znte60t

• Registered Users Posts: 25 lig

All :

Been trying to figure out the router at a friend's place. I couldn't get a admin user ID and Password . However , I did find the following :
    The TELSEY router is being used as a switch.
    The DHCP is handled by Magnet and not the DELSEY yoke.
    My friend can have a max of 8 clients.Magnet pretend not to know this.
    I couldn't get the IP of the switch. This seems to be dynamically allocated.

Advertisement