Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clarisonic - worth it?

• 06-08-2012 5:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭

Hi all

I've heard so many good reviews of the clarisonic skin cleansing brushes, I'm seriously thinking of investing. It's in my basket in Sephora online - just waiting for someone to talk me into/out of taking the plunge!

Living in the US right now and with the hot humid summer my skin is in bits - oily, huge pores and constant battles with spots. I'm 28 and my skin is now worse than when I was a teenager :(

Anyone have one? If so, was it worth it?

Anyone have any of the equivalents? I hear Sigma do one, and Olay.

Help greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I haven't bought a Clarisonic (as much as I'd love one, the price is a bit prohibitive over here), but from any reviews I've seen on blogs/youtube, they really do sound fantastic.

I'd recommend looking a few reviews to see if that helps make up your mind. I know there are recent good reviews on donotrefreeze.com and vivaadonis.com (both great blogs). However, the guy who does the gossmakeupartist videos on YT gave it a pretty bad review :/ (I'd link to the specific reviews but I'm don't have time right now sorry!). Look it up on MakeupAlley too to see the general reviews. Hope that helps!!

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Eerie

Thanks Seren - will check those out. I think the problem is that I read all the glowing reviews, then in the middle of them will be a terrible one. After spending $150, I don't want to be the person who thinks its terrible :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

My friend bought one about a month ago and she loves it. Says it has cleared her skin really well, she had a bit of adult acne.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Sheela

Hi

I have one

Had read in reviews that it would improve skin tone/appearance, TBH I didn't find this, but it definately stops breakouts and in the event I did get one, it cleared much quicker than before.

I don't know if its work $130..

If you do get one, I've found that the replacement heads are cheaper in Harvey Nichols in Dundrum than online....

Thanks for all the replies guys. I think my arm has been sufficiently twisted :D Get paid on Thursday so will order then. I'll report back how I get on...

• Advertisement

Hi

Will you let me know what cleanser you use with this?

I used the Clarsonic one that came with it and then moved onto a Nutrogena one which I'm not 100% happy with.. so would be interested to see what someone else uses

It arrived yesterday! Just used it for the first time as it says you should charge for 24 hours before use. I lasted 18ish - but couldn't wait anymore :)
    Was more gentle than I expected but I felt like my skin was super smooth after. So far... I like :D
    Used my Philosophy foaming cleanser with it and seems to work well with it. Got a Boscia one with it - it's a black gel and looked weird so didn't try it for the first go.
    I'll report back after a couple of weeks use and let y'all know how I get on.

Hi again,

I said I'd report back so here I am!

Have been using my clarisonic 1-2 times per day for the last month. I initially was using the deep pore cleansing brush head with my philosophy foaming cleanser and I liked it but I did not see much improvement in my skin - it definitely helped with removing all my make-up but was making no difference to my large pores and break-outs. After reading another few blogs/you tube guru recommendations, I switched to the sensitive brush head and haven't looked back. I've only been using this brush for a week but can already tell that my skin is looking better. My pores are smaller and I have much fewer blackheads on my nose, and no new ones! I guess the other brush head was just too harsh.
    I ran out of my philosophy cleanser yesterday and have been using a sample of a clinique foaming wash-off cleanser and actually like it better. Just bought the full size so we'll see how this goes.

Hope this was of help to someone! :)
    Eerie

• Registered Users Posts: 4 AineK

Hi Eerie,

I'm seriously considering getting a clarisonic having read all I can about it the few days. I was just wondering which model do you have? I was thinking of getting the Mia 2..

Thanks in advance :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Ava_e

The Gaurdian newspaper lists it as one of the best beauty investment tools

http://www.guardian.co.uk/fashion/2012/sep/28/sali-hughes-best-beauty-investments

• Advertisement

Hi

I have one - its the Mia 2.

As far I know, the difference between the Mia and the Clarsonic Plus, is that you can use the Plus on your face and body and the Mia is for your face only...

Saw that Guardian article at the weekend - its the second time that Sali Hughes has included it in her best Beauty Tools column...

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭pushkii

Eek ive ordered the clarisonic as a special Christmas treat to myself. is. it really a great product? what's the best cleaner to use with it? CANT. WAIT !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

this post pushed me over the edge to buy a second hand one on ebay and two new brushes. I got the sensitive brushes so hopefully they will do the trick - really sick of my skin at this stage in my life so hopefully this will be an improvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭slowmoe

I have the clarisonic plus and i would 100% recommend it. If it ever broke i'd be having a series of mini heart attacks until i got another. I find my skin is much cleaner using it, feels better(like it feels good, hard to explain!!!), my redness is def less and hardly get break outs at all but they heal really quick. My skin is a lot more radiant and glowy too. I've had people say my lines have lessened but i don't know if thats the clarisonic or my skincare.

I do use it on my body too as the plus is ok for that. I really notice the difference on my thighs and bum, cellulite isn't as apparent and my skin is a lot smoother. I'm doing laser on my legs too and clarisonic is definitely helping with keeping my skin good for that. Its worth saying that the clarisonic is waterproof so you can use it in the shower which i find unbelievably handy as it only takes one min so its very simple to do in the shower and i've found i haven't been leaving it out of my routine.

As another poster said its cheaper in Harvey Nichols than online, the clarisonic itself and the brushes. Its much much cheaper than asos, on asos its 249 euro and i got it in harvey nicks for 202!!!!

slowmoe what cleanser do you use with it? did you find you broke out at the beginning when starting to use it ?

I broke out a tiny bit, but was told thats to be expected at the start as its knocking everything out of your skin. It wasn't bad for me and cleared up quickly but i know someone else who tried it and it was worse but she was delighted she kept going. I use the eve lom cleanser with it, its brilliant, a little goes a loooooooonnnnnggggg way and if i'm in a hurry or not wearing make up i'd use then algenist foaming cleanser. i get them both at the same section with the clarisonic and brushes

slowmoe i was thinking of using the eve lom cleanser with the clarisonic. where did you purchase the eve lom? getting excited now !!

pushkii wrote: »
    slowmoe i was thinking of using the eve lom cleanser with the clarisonic. where did you purchase the eve lom? getting excited now !!

I got everything in space nk in harvey nichols. The eve lom seems to last forever. They post as well for about 6 euro. I always go to the same girl because she's so helpful. The first time i went in i was wearing no make up and dressed a bit knackery, the girl on the actual eve lom counter wasn't at all pleasant to me and i could tell she just really looked down her nose at the state of me, but when i was on the space nk counter (they stock the full eve lom range, apparently they own eve lom??) the girl there was super nice and really really friendly and i'd say she wouldn't have been any different had i turned up like a model you know? I get loads of samples from her so i've always gone back to the same girl. Pm me if you want her name, but all the stuff is from space nk anyhow

ok so ive been using the clarisonic since Sunday and already i notice a difference. skin seems more glowy and pores appear smaller. small amount of breakout around nose and chin but not too bad . so far LOVE it :-)

Glad you're enjoying it x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 farmer 3

Hello all,
    I got the mia 2 for Christmas and love it!!! I charged it for the full 24hr and lasted until last week.... So like it says in the little book I plugged it in to recharge for 18hr but the next morning it was fully charged that was only about 9hr! I was delighted and used it that night.... Next night I was going using it and it was dead again..
    I plugged it in again for the full 18hr this time and worked that night.... Same story, it died again tonight.... Please tell me there is a solution to this! 😔

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

I had a Mia but unfortunately I broke it - the nodge that holds in the brush snapped off. Am thinking about getting another one but cant afford a new one.

I used to get my replacement brush heads on ebay (ie generic brand) - the Clarisonic ones are so expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭womandriver

farmer 3 wrote: »
    Hello all,
    I got the mia 2 for Christmas and love it!!! I charged it for the full 24hr and lasted until last week.... So like it says in the little book I plugged it in to recharge for 18hr but the next morning it was fully charged that was only about 9hr! I was delighted and used it that night.... Next night I was going using it and it was dead again..
    I plugged it in again for the full 18hr this time and worked that night.... Same story, it died again tonight.... Please tell me there is a solution to this! 😔

It's surely still under warranty, return it to where it was purchased.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I have the Mia 2 and it also broke! Just stopped working out of nowhere. Won't charge.

I bought in in Brown Thomas last June and still have the receipt. Does anyone know if I would need to contact/call into Brown Thomas or would I need to contact Clarisonic directly?

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Bored_lad

Lia_lia wrote: »
    I have the Mia 2 and it also broke! Just stopped working out of nowhere. Won't charge.

I bought in in Brown Thomas last June and still have the receipt. Does anyone know if I would need to contact/call into Brown Thomas or would I need to contact Clarisonic directly?

Your contract is with BTs so call into them with the receipt and the damaged product.

Advertisement