Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Street Fighter X Tekken is for REAL!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,694 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Fergus_ wrote: »
    Mishimas are nonsense
    No change from any other game then.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

Fergus_ wrote: »
    Mishimas are nonsense
    K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    No change from any other game then.

Mishimas are only for those with big balls. Stick to schoolgirls.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

had my 1st proper go at sfxt up in the brothers yesterday.
    its alot more fun than both sf and tekken imo.

and those magic series or what ever there called are just mk dial ups which i found funny,came across good few moves that looked like overheads but were not,same with the lows. again like in mk (barakas f2 as an example)

dont know if will pick it up but with twisted metal finally out in europe next friday i think even my mk play will take a break, so we'll see,sweet tooth wtf!

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Played you yesterday. Think your Kinect or mic was left on as I was treated to lovely commentary about how the sound sucks in this game!

EDIT: There's now a Kaz meterless infinite on some larger characters. Broken tier, yay! :D

Thank God I didn't complain about you so :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Thank God I didn't complain about you so :P

Oh god, if you did I'd probably just have broken down. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Playing last night, myself and the gf playing as a team in Arcade.

Next opponent: King appears on the vs screen.

GF: Oh look, your friend!!!
    ME: Huh?
    GF: Your friend from the other game you play
    ME: Who?
    GF: "J'zargo only has so much room to carry things" "You are taking us somewhere warm, yes?"(perfect Khajiit accent)
    ME: lololololololol (cantbeunseen)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Capcom just don't know how to design non-broken combo systems...

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭the 1st hardter

http://shoryuken.com/2012/03/14/street-fighter-x-tekken-two-alternate-costumes-leaked-on-european-psn-priced-at-0-79-each/

So basically a euro a costume it looks like. Not to bad really. Cheaper than SF4 costumes right??? Or am stupid with exchange rates???

http://shoryuken.com/2012/03/14/street-fighter-x-tekken-two-alternate-costumes-leaked-on-european-psn-priced-at-0-79-each/

So basically a euro a costume it looks like. Not to bad really. Cheaper than SF4 costumes right??? Or am stupid with exchange rates???
    38 characters + 12 "DLC" x 2 costumes each = €100 for content that's already on the disc.

GG Ca$hcom.

• Advertisement

38 characters + 12 "DLC" x 2 costumes each = €100 for content that's already on the disc.

GG Ca$hcom.

wow! :eek:
    that messed up, suddenly NRS aren't seeming so bad

wow! :eek:
    that messed up, suddenly NRS aren't seeming so bad
    Oh, and that's just costumes.
    Now factor in the 14 DLC characters (Pac Man/Mega Man don't have extra costumes).
    That are also on the disc.

And you've spent an awful lot of money on the "full" game.

Oh, and that's just costumes.
    Now factor in the 14 DLC characters (Pac Man/Mega Man don't have extra costumes).
    That are also on the disc.

And you've spent an awful lot of money on the "full" game.

has a price been said on how much each DLC characters will cost yet?
    im guessing they will be in packs because there so many

and with all those gems aswell,this game would need to have one hell of a lifespan to come close to being worth it, wonder will TxSF be the same??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

GG Ca$hcom.

I imagine they'll also release packs of costumes down the line that'll reduce that cost substantially for those that want all the costumes.

Even buying all the UMvC3 packs individually will cost abut €45, but the final pack for all of them at once is something like €25.

Personally having the option to just buy those two costumes you want for your actual team seems like a much better way to do it than forcing unwanted costumes on people.
    has a price been said on how much each DLC characters will cost yet?
    im guessing they will be in packs because there so many
    There was a leaked DLC schedule thing from a while back that put a pack of four characters - Cody, Guy, Christie and Lars - at $7.99

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Vyze

So is this beating Ace Combat for ridiculous amounts of on-disc DLC?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Can we please stop with all the DLC is evil and the cost of the games is too much. The same discussion is ongoing in the games and here's something I brought up.

In 1995 on average a new game for a curent system cost ~£60. As above these were the same games we get today, some good, some bad and some ugly.

In 2010 based on inflation and the euro changeover those same games would cost somewhere between €115 and €150. Now I'm no economist but those figures should be accurate enough for a discussion point.

So even with all the DLC bringing the price up to €100 it's still cheaper then if the Capcom had kept prices in line with increases due to inflation. That's just inflation, not even the massive increase in overheads due to the demands of entitled gamers.

And before someone argues that more games sell now.
    Super Street Fighter 2 released in 1994 on the SNES sold ~ 4 million copies.

Street Fighter 4 released in 2009 on the Xbox 360/PS3/PC sold ~3 million copies.

I think people would have less of a problem with the DLC situation if it was actually stuff they had worked on after the game went gold, or was designed to be a separate addition later on. When all the content is on the disc it's frustrating for certain functionality of the game you've bought to be hidden behind a paywall.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Vyze wrote: »
    I think people would have less of a problem with the DLC situation if it was actually stuff they had worked on after the game went gold, or was designed to be a separate addition later on. When all the content is on the disc it's frustrating for certain functionality of the game you've bought to be hidden behind a paywall.

Yet, when SSF4 came out Capcom were faced with cries of "why is this a disc release?" and at the time they argued there was simply too much in it for a dlc patch. Damned if you do...

No one can tell me there's not the guts of Super SFxT on the disc, if they also gave a free rebalance with it.

So what if a game in 1995 cost the inflationary equivalent of €120.

Physical production (carts & licensing) costs of games have come down dramatically since the 90s.
    The RRP of a game NOW is €50-60.
    To defend a game that tries to DOUBLE its RRP with disc-locked content just ain't right.

Yet, when SSF4 came out Capcom were faced with cries of "why is this a disc release?" and at the time they argued there was simply too much in it for a dlc patch. Damned if you do...

No one can tell me there's not the guts of Super SFxT on the disc, if they also gave a free rebalance with it.
    SSF4 added enough new content and changed the engine in ways that precluded a DLC patch with the technology of the time (e.g. small DLC file size allowances on XBL).

The FULL YEAR between versions and the fact that the content WAS NOT ON THE DISC probably helped, too.

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

My opinions on the DLC topic.

I think there is enough content available at release for it to justify its full price tag. Had DLC never been mentioned, no one would of claimed the game was incomplete or lacked content.

As for the DLC, costumes don't matter your not obligated to buy them and have no effect on gameplay.

DLC characters, again you don't have to buy. You will be able to play against them and learn the match ups that way so your not obligated to do so. As for console exclusive characters, I don't like this on principal, but from a competitive play point of view I'd imagine they will be banned at tournaments so they don't bother me that much. I don't like guest characters anyway, I think they are just silly anyway. You could say well what happens if the DLC characters are clearly better than regualr cast and you have to use them to be competitive. Well I think this view only has merit if your where already playing the top tier characters before the DLC characters where released. If not then why where you not playing top tier before they where released?

DLC gems. I would have concerns here, because there a few reports coming through that DLC gems are better than the default gem and that starts to sound like "pay to win" something no one is really keen on regardless if its casual or competitive play. Again if no gems becomes tournament standard this will be largely irrelevant.

The whole 2 players on 1 console vs online farce is bad form by Capcom and should be addressed in a patch. Not delivering on an advertised feature is just wrong.

• Advertisement

So what if a game in 1995 cost the inflationary equivalent of €120.

Physical production (carts & licensing) costs of games have come down dramatically since the 90s.
    The RRP of a game NOW is €50-60.
    To defend a game that tries to DOUBLE its RRP with disc-locked content just ain't right.

However production costs of the games themselves have risen dramatically and consistently since the industry started.

Besides, this isn't really the point: it comes down to this.

If you feel a game is worth the cost for what you're given, then it shouldn't be a problem. If you don't feel there's 60 quid worth available from the off on SFxT, don't buy it. I did and I am happy with it.

If it emerged that Skyrim had extra day 1 DLC on the disc, would that devalue the product that was already there?

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Again, there's a big difference here that 2 out of 10 of SSF4's characters were on Vanilla, and not even near complete, but in SFxT we've got 12 complete characters and 100 alternate costumes on the disc but locked away.

SSF4 added enough new content and changed the engine in ways that precluded a DLC patch with the technology of the time (e.g. small DLC file size allowances on XBL).

The FULL YEAR between versions and the fact that the content WAS NOT ON THE DISC probably helped, too.

Seeing as you edited this in after I replied:

How exactly did SSF4 change the engine, and how do you know Capcom don't have similar plans to change SFxT?

How do you know the (very large number of) characters on the disc don't breach current DLC sizes?

The FULL YEAR as you mention it didn't matter. People complained anyway.

Some of the content actually was on the vanilla disc, but anyway you're ignoring my entire point in arguing this.

Once again: and as Azza also said: Do you feel there's enough content at release to make SFxT a good buy? If not, don't buy it and send the message to capcom (relevant to Azza's post, I will not be paying for any gems if they do give advantages. I don't think that's right).

GorySnake wrote: »
    Again, there's a big difference here that 2 out of 10 of SSF4's characters were on Vanilla, and not even near complete, but in SFxT we've got 12 complete characters and 100 alternate costumes on the disc but locked away.

Yes, but Capcom get slaughtered for what they did with Super too, so how exactly do they please the fan base, considering they apparently cannot release a patch as big as ten characters, but have 12 they spent the dev time on overbudget (I assume) for SFxT?

Well, they could release the game with ALL content on the disc unlocked from the start. The characters and costumes all look 100% complete and I havent heard any word about them being buggy or incomplete in any way.

GorySnake wrote: »
    Well, they could release the game with ALL content on the disc unlocked from the start. The characters and costumes all look 100% complete and I havent heard any word about them being buggy or incomplete in any way.

So, Capcom should releases this extra content which they've had to spend extra time and no doubt extra money developing for free. This is your solution to the problem? Because realistically, they're a business and that's never going to happen.

Problem there is, there is no standard for pricing in games. A 30+ hour game like Skyrim will cost the same as a crappy movie tie-in game that lasts 6 hours.

My point being, how can they decide how much content is too much? Same **** happened with Ubisoft and Assassin's Creed 2, they decided that they were giving away too much in their game, so they removed 2 whole sections of the game and released it as DLC. People werent too happy over that either.

So, people dont like paying extra for something they already bought. It's not exactly that shocking.

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

So, Capcom should releases this extra content which they've had to spend extra time and no doubt extra money developing for free. This is your solution to the problem? Because realistically, they're a business and that's never going to happen.

Valve do that all the time. The free content has been proven to provide signifcant sales spikes on there titles, years after release. So they do make money on it. Just not from people who already own the game. Should be noted PC centric developers don't have to worry about second hand sales.
    CD Projekt Red (The Witcher Developer) has done the same with the same results.

If the content is "extra", then why is it supplied on the default disc that you purchase? It was clearly intended to be a part of the game from the start so why lock it away?

If it is content that was created after they'd gone gold with the "real" game, then it wouldn't be on the disc.

As for SSF4 content being on SF4, wasn't that simply incomplete code that didn't fully work that just hadn't been removed? They didn't finish the characters and so the full version of each one wasn't included on the disc.

edit: Let's hold an on-disc DLC themed tournament. If you want to play as an unlockable character in the tournament, you gotta add an extra £2 to your entry fee. Also we'll keep the padding for the chairs chairs in a locked cupboard, but it's only 50p to allow your license for padding usage during the event!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Niall0001

Found it here for 28 bobs on PS3, if anyone's interested:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B005IWQFVS/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

Advertisement