Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Invisable man David McCallum 70's version

• 04-08-2011 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if DVD's exist or anyplace this can be watched online
    without having to fool some stupid website into thinking you've an American IP.

Was not much of a fan of David McCallum when he was in The Man from Uncle
    but I loved the invisible man.

~B

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Don't think it is on DVD, loved the show. Great intro.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭desolate sun

I was always freaked out by this, for some reason! I hated how he put makeup on his hands and face to make them visible. It creeped me out!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Rubik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Rubik. wrote: »
    There's a box set of of seasons 1 and 2.

That's the 1958-1959 series.

The OP is looking for the mid 1970s remake with David McCallum. Which was shown by RTE 1 on Saturdays before Sports Stadium in 1977 and repeated on BBC 2 and Sky One in 1989.

It's not legally available on DVD yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Rubik.

I remembered the 70's series alright.

That box set was listed under David McCullum at Amazon, so I assumed that was it.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/david-mccallum-Film-TV/s?ie=UTF8&rh=n%3A283926%2Ck%3ADavid%20McCallum&page=1

Anyway, this looks more like it..invisible-man-david-mccallum-1975-tv-series-4-dvd-161cc.jpg..

http://www.ioffer.com/i/invisible-man-david-mccallum-1975-tv-series-4-dvd-207354924

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,566 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

I was always freaked out by this.... It creeped me out!! :D

me too, watched it(don't know why) but thought it was scary.
    Can only imagine watching it now would make it look amateurish and unfinished considering all the technology that goes into tv fiction nowadays.
    Sometimes,it's better to remember.

( .....think it was his hairstyle that scared me......)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Mr. Denton

I was always freaked out by this, for some reason! I hated how he put makeup on his hands and face to make them visible. It creeped me out!! :D

Yeah, me too. I don't think it was supposed to be creepy but it certainly had that effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭desolate sun

msthe80s wrote: »
    ( .....think it was his hairstyle that scared me......)

hee hee!

GOOD NEWS

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Invisible-Man-The-Complete-Series/15898
    The Invisible Man - The '75 Show, Starring U.N.C.L.E.'s David McCallum, is Coming for DVD and Blu Ray!

Available from VEI of Canada this October, in standard and high-def formats
    Posted by David Lambert
    9/07/2011

Dr. Daniel Westin is a scientist at government think-tank KLAE Corporation, until he is rendered invisible by a formula he concocted. Upon discovering that the government intends to use his formula for evil, he destroys the only batch. With no way to become visible again, he dons a realistic face mask and gloves, and becomes a crime-fighting agent for KLAE while also working in the lab with his wife, Kate, in an attempt to rediscover his formula.

Star David McCallum is widely recognized from his roles on NCIS, Ben 10, The Replacements and the Man From U.N.C.L.E.; also stars Melinda O. Fee (The Guiding Light, Nightmare on Elm Street, Young & Restless, Days of Our Lives), Craig Stevens (Peter Gunn, Abbott and Costello Meet Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde). Guest stars include Loni Anderson (WKRP in Cincinnati) and Pat Harrington Jr. (One Day at a Time).

Co-created by Stephen Bochco (who has won 12 Emmys and been nominated an additional 32 times; he created Hill Street Blues, Doogie Howser MD, LA Law and NYPD Blue) and Harve Bennett (who was executive producer of the Six Million Dollar Man, The Bionic Woman, and Gemini Man; he also wrote and produced Star Trek II, III, IV and V).

VEI (Visual Entertainment Inc.) of Canada has announced that the classic 1975 science fiction series is coming home at last, on both DVD and high-def Blu-ray Disc, with their October 25th release of The Invisible Man - The Complete Series! Our information is early, so we don't have all the details, but we do know that you'll get a 3-disc set priced at $24.95 SRP for the DVD version, and $29.95 SRP for the Blu-ray. There's no word yet on extras, and below we've got some early art (possibly temp art) that is not finalized, and is probably going to change (perhaps into something a bit more collectible, like with a slip cover for example). Amazon's U.S. branch isn't listing this title at the moment, but north of the border customers can pre-order it - in either format - from Amazon.ca using the button link provided:

Taken from: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Invisible-Man-The-Complete-Series/15898#ixzz1XUPmnGMJ

Pre-order from Amazon.ca

InvisibleMan1975_Complete_DVD_e.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Sweet nice to know.

I've a ton of retro stuff I'd love to order but money is tight at the moment
    too many things to list that I would love to re-watch from yesterdays.

~B

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭TonyM.

UH-OH.

Major issues with the Blu-Ray set. WRONG ASPECT RATIO. They've stretched the original 1.33:1 image to 1.78:1

****'s sake.

http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film4/blu-ray_reviews57/the_invisible_man_complete_series_blu-ray.htm

Why have people got against two black bars?

DVD release has the right aspect ratio but a glitch on the pilot episode.

Advertisement