Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC Visa Refusal

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭jimmybeige

Just confirming! Just trying to see what everyone else did for that. I'm assuming it's not a big deal either way. Starting to question everything I did at this stage in case there's an error.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭GGirl2010

jimmybeige wrote: »
    Just confirming! Just trying to see what everyone else did for that. I'm assuming it's not a big deal either way. Starting to question everything I did at this stage in case there's an error.

k..

techi-fan.. can i ask a qs. just wondering for a second year for canada work visa,do they ask for police certificate? i mean how is that possible from home , do you have to ring them up and get them to send it out to canada where your at? and also if one made a crime in canada why would this be needed,as they would be kicked out anyway. Anyway personally thats what i think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

jimmybeige wrote: »
    Is it definite you have to tick all the boxes?

The above would suggest that you do not tick this box unless you have dependents and instead write N/A.

Yes, you tick all the boxes apart from the one that you write N/A over.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Jimmmy McNulty

can2011 wrote: »
    Did you receive your application?

Nope! It hasn't come back to me yet! I'm in Toronto so it will probably take ages.. Such a joke that they expect me to wait around while it fills up! I have viewed so many applications of my friends who were successful and it is identical to mine!!!

One of my friends said on his form that he currently lives in Ireland and is currently employed in Canada.. I wonder are they even reading these forms at all?!

I'm so pissed off with it all now! I resubmitted an application which is essentially identical to my first so I'm just hoping I'm lucky this time!

• Advertisement

Nope! It hasn't come back to me yet! I'm in Toronto so it will probably take ages.. Such a joke that they expect me to wait around while it fills up! I have viewed so many applications of my friends who were successful and it is identical to mine!!!

One of my friends said on his form that he currently lives in Ireland and is currently employed in Canada.. I wonder are they even reading these forms at all?!

I'm so pissed off with it all now! I resubmitted an application which is essentially identical to my first so I'm just hoping I'm lucky this time!

Did oyu have to submit police certificate?

GGirl2010 wrote: »
    Did oyu have to submit police certificate?

I submitted a photcopy of it. It actually comes out much clearer than the original and I wanted to hold on to the original..

They don't say anywhere that they want any originals.

If they want originals, they need to specify that, not say that photocopies are alright, that you don’t need to certify them, and that no documents will be returned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭ Adele Aggressive Sidebar

Right, a few questions as im just waiting on my police cert then posting it off to Paris...

1) For the bank account part, im under the impression I just go in to my bank and get the downloaded form stamped and dated by a bank clerk? Im thrown off by your mentioning of a 'confirmation letter' from the bank

2) For the organisations part, I wrote im my GAA club - as im not in any political organisations etc.... Would I be best off just print out this sheet again and leave it blank??

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭eamog1888

Right, a few questions as im just waiting on my police cert then posting it off to Paris...

1) For the bank account part, im under the impression I just go in to my bank and get the downloaded form stamped and dated by a bank clerk? Im thrown off by your mentioning of a 'confirmation letter' from the bank

2) For the organisations part, I wrote im my GAA club - as im not in any political organisations etc.... Would I be best off just print out this sheet again and leave it blank??

1. i just filled out the form and got it stamped and signed

2. i left it blank, theres no real need...they'll probably wont even know what that is...

Are you at the stage where they are allowing you to pay?

You can leave it blank or out in the GAA. I don't it will matter. I'm a CA so I said I was a member of that for example.

• Advertisement

Sorry misunderstood your first question. I got the bank to fill out the form they provide. I don't think a confirmation letter is necessary. They don't say it is anyway. I think the bank stamps the top with one that has the branch name, address and they stamp their seal in the bottom right hand corner of the form. They also fill it out and sign it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 402 ✭✭C@non

Quote:
    Originally Posted by GGirl2010 View Post
    Em.. if you had ticked this box than it would be correct as you are agreeing to your wife/husband/kids to apply seperatly and to not accompany you.
    If you have a wife/husband/kids. If not, it states not to tick he box:

Quote:
    If you do not have any dependents, instead of ticking the box, please write “N/A” over it, by hand. .

what if you tick all boxes and forget to un-tick that particular one and not write N/A??

Sorry misunderstood your first question. I got the bank to fill out the form they provide. I don't think a confirmation letter is necessary. They don't say it is anyway. I think the bank stamps the top with one that has the branch name, address and they stamp their seal in the bottom right hand corner of the form. They also fill it out and sign it.

Sound.

Also, in the additional information section, did everyone put down their parents details? I did, and put a stroke through the spouse section. Im a bit thrown off as why would they need to know this, given i've an irish passport

C@non wrote: »
    what if you tick all boxes and forget to un-tick that particular one and not write N/A??

probably nothing.
    You missed an instruction on the form. hopefully they'll let you off with it. i doubt they'd disqualify you for that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 402 ✭✭C@non

Sound.

Also, in the additional information section, did everyone put down their parents details? I did, and put a stroke through the spouse section. Im a bit thrown off as why would they need to know this, given i've an irish passport

I put none over spouse and they told me i had to put deceased as my dad died a few years ago on his address.. i told them if they were messing.. they said now dead serious!! only because it was a good few years ago and im ok with it now i let them off but was bad choice of words.. But apart from that i was kind of shocked to see how picky they are with this application.. but hopefully its all canadian's working in there and not rude local.

C@non wrote: »
    I put none over spouse and they told me i had to put deceased as my dad died a few years ago on his address.. i told them if they were messing.. they said now dead serious!! only because it was a good few years ago and im ok with it now i let them off but was bad choice of words.. But apart from that i was kind of shocked to see how picky they are with this application.. but hopefully its all canadian's working in there and not rude local.
    my writing is **** so they'll have a tough time trying to read rural townland placenames

my writing is **** so they'll have a tough time trying to read rural townland placenames

Which is why they prefer the form to be typed. if they can't read it it will get declined.

how can you type on that? there's no room to write in block capital, plus its only a ****ty photocopy that you can download anyways.

how can you type on that? there's no room to write in block capital, plus its only a ****ty photocopy that you can download anyways.
    BTW, im referring to the 'additional information' part....

Did anyone have any difficulty writing in these small boxes?

I submitted a photcopy of it. It actually comes out much clearer than the original and I wanted to hold on to the original..

They don't say anywhere that they want any originals.

If they want originals, they need to specify that, not say that photocopies are alright, that you don’t need to certify them, and that no documents will be returned.

Well unless someone.. calls that point up directly to them, you should just submit original police certificate. Just wondering when your in canada, do thye stil want you to get you to ring ireland, were you currently resided and get the gards to send it to canada is it?? that takes good few days, maby even more than a month for that.

• Advertisement

BTW, im referring to the 'additional information' part....

Did anyone have any difficulty writing in these small boxes?

There's text fields over it.
    And the text shrinks to fit.
    Update your adobe reader if you are having problems.

cheers, thanks for that. I had printed it out in order to write the details in.

One last question (hopefully). On the 1st page of the 3 page IEC form, where it asks you to click whether your spouse or children will come to canada with you, do you click on No if you havent listed any spouse or children?

cheers, thanks for that. I had printed it out in order to write the details in.

One last question (hopefully). On the 1st page of the 3 page IEC form, where it asks you to click whether your spouse or children will come to canada with you, do you click on No if you havent listed any spouse or children?

Ideally leave it blank. But if you already clicked "no", obviously leave it at no.
    make sure to write N/a in any blank boxes (i just wrote "N/a" for surname in spouse, child 1 and child 2 and left the rest blank)

ill probably do that for all of them, even the one on page 2 of the IEC form where it asks for any name of a person you plan on visiting in Canada...

sent off my poof of payment on friday morning so into the final stage

i know that a few sent off theres tues.weds..anyone get any more info or have everything completed??

the mail said they would send off for final check...wondering how long that will take

cheers;)

eamog1888 wrote: »
    sent off my poof of payment on friday morning so into the final stage

i know that a few sent off theres tues.weds..anyone get any more info or have everything completed??

the mail said they would send off for final check...wondering how long that will take

cheers;)

jw.. do they want.. bank card numbers for this part?

jw.. do they want.. bank card numbers for this part?

sorry im not sure what you mean ( bare with me - severely hungover:o)

sorry im not sure what you mean ( bare with me - severely hungover:o)

for proof of payment.. for the visa.. 110 euro.. bank account numbers and sort code? or is it by bank dratf to their specified IEC account name.. and yes.. im hungover!!! also.. :confused:

for proof of payment.. for the visa.. 110 euro.. bank account numbers and sort code? or is it by bank dratf to their specified IEC account name.. and yes.. im hungover!!! also.. :confused:

im in AIB, so i just did it through paylink direct to their account...all the details are in the mail you get.....got the receipt stamped, banged my name, DOB and ID number on it and uploaded it to their address...pretty straight forward:cool:

• Advertisement

im in AIB, so i just did it through paylink direct to their account...all the details are in the mail you get.....got the receipt stamped, banged my name, DOB and ID number on it and uploaded it to their address...pretty straight forward:cool:

ok... yeah tahts ok... Scan the receipt in then so... i dont know if i should eat.. hmm.... LOL.. might get something small in the kitchen.

do they not want the proof of payment not posted to them. LOL if were able to mail it. thats a first ..

Advertisement