Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,016 ✭✭✭✭tk123

angeldaisy wrote: »
    Glad I finish up tomorrow for a fortnight

Same here and I'm beside myself lol!! I do like my job but the thought of having to do nothing for 2 weeks!!! :D:D:D:D:D

btw the dogs are now visible from space :p :

332182.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

tk123 wrote: »
    edited to add - I worked in (an outsourced) call center for one one of the utilities and got it all - didn't want to talk to somebody with a Dublin accent, woman who wouldn't deal with me because she only wanted to talk to a man, "I'm a doctor and my new baby will die because we've not heating tonight" when there was no available repair slots etc etc etc :rolleyes:

I'd always be nice to call center people but christ vodafone drove me up the wall today, 45+ minutes and countless phonecalls to get past the robots, eventually they must have copped my multiple phonecalls and patched me through to a human. When I explained my simple query my answer was 'haha your answer would be no, but il put you on hold while I ask my colleague to make sure', no joke she actually laughed at me. It took a lot to be pleasant with her but I put it down to a language barrier. I can well imagine the abuse call center staff must have to put up with at times.
    :(:(:( an awful trip to the vets for Bailey's bloods. The vet was called out of the room as we were if sines and didn't come back, next a nurse came in apologising because a dog had been hit by a car. As I was paying I could hear somebody in the other room roaring and crying shouting 'NO NO NO!!' Heartbroken thinking of them :(

How awful :(

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

2 WEEKS OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Oh how I envy people that get two weeks off for Xmas, I get a Mac of four days. This will be my first year in 7 years getting Xmas eve off so that's something I guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

Eeep. I'm working Christmas day myself!

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

VonVix wrote: »
    Eeep. I'm working Christmas day myself!

Ok you win! That truly sucks.

I saved some of my leave for xmas. I worked it for about 10 years so take it off now if I can

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

toadfly wrote: »
    Ok you win! That truly sucks.

It's not so bad! At least I finally got a job LOL.

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

In leaving for Tipperary Christmas eve night, but have to come back Christmas day because I'm working at 6 am st Stephens day. I'm the only one traveling out of my team and others got it off, it's really annoying :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

I was called into work this morning, I thought I had the day off so was up till 4am watching movies and playing board games with my family. So needless to say when I got home I was very tired and went for a nap. When I woke up from the nap, I was spooning Dude. He crawled over me and into my arms so I could hug him while I slept, and cream crawled into the crooke behind my knees to sleep. I fell asleep cat less and woke up feeling loved :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

5 days of our christmas leave comes out of our annual leave, the rest of the days are public or bank holidays. I'd love to take more time but it'd just leave so little to be spread over the rest of the year.
    I finish work on Monday evening, my husband on Tuesday evening (but he's on call for Christmas until he goes back to normal work on 2nd January) and I'm back on Monday, 5th January.

Had the big shop delivered this evening so nearly all set. Turkey and ham being picked up on Tuesday and Christmas cake coming on Wednesday.
    We stay put for the whole of Christmas so we can spend as much time as possible with the dogs :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

About an hour after I got in from the hospital yesterday evening Toby arrived home soaked to the skin and absolutely caked in thick mud. He's been fighting with another cat somewhere and his ear is bothering him as he keeps shaking his head. Can't see anything obvious on him but another vet trip on Monday now to get him checked. We don't want to risk an abcess forming over Christmas and our vets local branch will be shut. I had to sit on the floor washing the mud off him with a towel soaked in warm water. An expensive chap is our Toby. Still, we wouldn't be without him.:)

:pac: my friend got this from a client and has it in her porch lol :pac:

332285.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

:pac: my friend got this from a client and has it in her porch lol :pac:

332285.png

Love it!!

My pair got a present of a doggy hamper, with all sorts of goodies, toys, blankets etc in it. It's sitting under the tree and they are MAD to get into it! Coco keeps doing her best to get into the front room and when she gets in she tries to nose past the cellophane. Benson wouldn't dream of doing that, he sits there and looks at it - then at me - then back to the hamper -then maybe a paw - then he stands up and does a little stamping dance! Anything to get it!

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭IP freely

Where has the Christmas pet photo thread gone, was going to go in and give some thanks? ??

IP freely wrote: »
    Where has the Christmas pet photo thread gone, was going to go in and give some thanks? ??

Probably taken down while the votes are counted? (You can still thank posts on a locked thread ;) )

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

IP freely wrote: »

Voting for the qualifiers finished at 9pm tonight, so the list of finalists is up now for people to start voting for their favourite to win the competition outright :)
    Votes in the original qualifying thread no longer count.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=93523406#post93523406

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ferretone

Oh, of all the timing! Nyssa was lame this evening, and I found a slash in her paw pad, the big middle one on her off fore. Poor wee pet :( Keeping it clean, applying castor oil, and she'll be having a sock fixed on with masking tape for her boggy playtime etc.

Should heal up fine, but it's not going to be nice for her, going to my parents for xmas, as they have gravel over most of their back garden :rolleyes: Any better ideas, apart from the socks etc, to make that easier for her, would be welcome.

Or should I call off visiting? Very reluctant to do that, even apart from not being that keen on spending another xmas alone (OH was in his Mum's last year, and I was home with Lola, as she was going through a bad patch, and had only just gone onto the NSAIDs.) Nyssa also needs plenty of exposure to the small kids, for which xmas at my parents' would be perfect. Just don't want to do it if it would be that her having a sore paw would make matters worse.

I think really she will be fine, and it doesn't even seem to be bothering her that much now, but just checking do others think I shouldn't do it?

You should be able to get her a boot in the petshop that'll cushion it a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Just found 2 wisemen decapitated on the stairs :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Ivyslayer, sorry I laughed, but I found an angel had her feather wings chewed off last year!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,547 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

I love when you see a pup that's the spitting image of what your dog used to be like! Getting one that isn't quite as angular as some choco labs but not rounded is odd, nevermind seeing a pup that's going to be the same! Tonight's going to be the first time I've seen him in over a month. Can't wait!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

mymo wrote: »
    Ivyslayer, sorry I laughed, but I found an angel had her feather wings chewed off last year!

I had to readjust Santa's beard!

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭bluecherry74

I'm missing two knitted gingerbread men from the tree and I don't think they ran away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

Poppy likes getting baubles and pulling the bit the attaches the string to the ball part off and just spitting it out :pac:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

ferretone wrote: »
    I think really she will be fine, and it doesn't even seem to be bothering her that much now, but just checking do others think I shouldn't do it?

Paws tend to heal pretty quickly given the chance, she should be on the mend by the big day ;)
    You could slip a tube onto her foot so that it extends beyond her foot, and bandage it on. It'll keep her paw off the floor and it lets the air at it. What to use? For indoors a toilet roll/kitchen roll insert might do it (you can cut it longways so it doesn't squeeze her foot too much). For outdoors you may need to find something more rubust, unless you wrap the lot in plastic?

DBB wrote: »
    For outdoors you may need to find something more rubust, unless you wrap the lot in plastic?

Bandage + lunchbag + sock + clingfilm has worked well for me for short walks. The boots in maxizoo are better than the walker ones (i think I got them on zooplus) because they're neoprene so easy to stretch over the bandage.

Luckily I don't have do to it very often but I became pretty good at bandaging paws by watching my vet doing dressing changes on Bailey..well trying to watch her her hands were moving so fast it was a blur. Two of the other vets have complemented me on my skills - one thought I was a nurse and the other told me I could redo the bandage myself if it got wet/was pulled off because I did such a good job. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

I cannot enjoy a glass of baileys in peace with three cats around. They are like vultures! They can think again if they think they're getting some. They're much too young to be drinking :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I took Toby to the vet this morning to get his ear treated. Poor little guy must've been so uncomfortable, his ear was manky after his brawl on Friday. He's had a painkiller injection and his ear cleaned and we've to give him ear drops and metacam for a while. At least he's going to be more comfy now. He's sound asleep on the armchair between the radiator and the Christmas tree.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Tea Tree

ah me poor dogs, both with bad ears. Funny I noticed a wee bit more scratching than usual and one was a bit more tetchy than usual but it was only when one of them peed on the floor I knew something was up as he just doesnt do that:( sure enough his poor ear looks awful

Bringing him to the vet is just so tramatic for him and he was absolutely terrified. But I needed to ask about his other issues and had been putting it off so... ear treatment underway as is treatment and investigation into whats going on with his his paws and he'll be neutered in Jan. Lovely female vet even said she would take him in herself to minimise his exposure to people.
    Hopefully they'll be feeling better for Christmas.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement