Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LCD Moniter and TV Tuner

• 29-07-2006 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭

I was wondering if there was a way to use an lcd monitor with a tuner of some sort to watch tv on as i dont want to pay a rip off €450 for a 17" inch lcd.

I have figured out the power part with an adapter but i am looking for a tuner which could do this.

PS. This is only a monitor not a pc with tower no other hardware than the monitor and tuner.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

get a converter - example - http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?C=SEO&U=OSiteMapM&ModuleNo=37141
    use a vcr as a tuner

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭#Smokey#

hmm intertesting. would a dvd player or even an xbox do instead of a vcr?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

i dont think you can tune tv channels into an xbox.
    a dvd recorder would be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭el Bastardo

If I understood the question, a 'Standalone External TV Tuner Box' is what you want. I've seen these things in both normal shops and online (I saw one on ebay just now) so you should be able to find one somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

I have one of these works great (thats why they are out of stock :D ), even comes with component & s-video input which makes it ideal for adding on DVD players/consoles.

The non wide screen supporting version is also available.

• Advertisement
Advertisement